New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Amol » wo feb 19, 2020 3:01 am

Tom_ schreef:
za feb 15, 2020 9:36 pm
Amol schreef:Now that I've finally seen a video of this kid, I'm not sure I want us spending 30 million+ on him. He had one successful dribble in the entire first half of the video & a lot of face clutching dives and rolling. None of his passes seemed to be weighted correctly or seemed to have produced any end result. And yes, he doesn't seem to know that he also has a right leg.
Did you notice how the clips mostly cut out before he disposed of the ball? Makes me wonder if he loses it most of the time. We’ll see I guess.
I did. All the news outlets saying that this is almost a done deal with the medical already completed in Brazil.

I'll believe this when I see an official confirmation.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo feb 19, 2020 5:28 am

Tom_ schreef:
Amol schreef:Now that I've finally seen a video of this kid, I'm not sure I want us spending 30 million+ on him. He had one successful dribble in the entire first half of the video & a lot of face clutching dives and rolling. None of his passes seemed to be weighted correctly or seemed to have produced any end result. And yes, he doesn't seem to know that he also has a right leg.
Did you notice how the clips mostly cut out before he disposed of the ball? Makes me wonder if he loses it most of the time. We’ll see I guess.
How is it possible that numerous posters on AT noticed this and Ajax still proceeds, it seems. Why?
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 19, 2020 1:20 pm

A lot of money for an unknown 19 year old. He is rated as a big talent. When Magallan was signed even fans of his own club couldn't believe we signed him . Belgum pundits didn't rate Bande but those 2 cost 9m each ,Antony costs nearly 30m.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo feb 19, 2020 2:14 pm

I don't put much faith in watching YouTube videos. I don't know how good Antony is and I guess we will find out. It took Neres some time to get on track at Ajax and I think there was a lot of criticism of his transfer. The costs of players has increased because of the amount of money big clubs have to spend. Dortmund are looking like true genius getting Haaland for a relatively modest price in January and all he does is to score goals against every team he plays. They are now my favorite for the CL as they don't have any fake slush fund money like other big Euro teams.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo feb 19, 2020 7:29 pm

Agreed. We’ve seen how hard it is to predict how younger players will develop. Hopefully Ajax’s scouts did more than watch the one YouTube clip I saw!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Seems like we will pay 20m plus 5m of add ons . We have also given Sao Paulo 5m for the 20% sell on rights of Neres thus when we sell him we get all the money.

We are also about to sign another Brazilian ,Giovanni from Santos.An attacking MF and rated a great talent.His contract with Santos ended in January, when he was 18 ,he turned down a new deal and is in Amsterdam now .Santos still claim a transfer fee but are only entitled to a training fee.This is currently being sorted.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do feb 20, 2020 6:35 am

Agree that we shouldn't jump to conclusions based on a video clip - have to assume they scouted him thoroughly before committing to signing him.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do feb 20, 2020 9:53 am

De telegraaf reporting we're close to signing a second Brazilian player. Giovanni Manson Ribeiro (18) has not renewed his contract with Santos, so therefore we're looking at a free transfer.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 23, 2020 1:43 pm

Antony signing is finalized for €15.75M with another €5M added for performance. We'll see if this ends up being a good transfer soon enough. Clearly Overmars is being proactive earlier rather than later as there will be a lot of players leaving in the summer.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 23, 2020 2:07 pm

A lot cheaper than expected,hope he is another Neres

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma feb 24, 2020 5:36 pm

rjf1 schreef:
do feb 20, 2020 6:35 am
Agree that we shouldn't jump to conclusions based on a video clip - have to assume they scouted him thoroughly before committing to signing him.
I don't know what to agree on anymore after seeing Magallan, Bande, Marin and Alvarez wasting away. :blush.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo feb 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
do feb 20, 2020 9:53 am
De telegraaf reporting we're close to signing a second Brazilian player. Giovanni Manson Ribeiro (18) has not renewed his contract with Santos, so therefore we're looking at a free transfer.
I read today that Ajax are reaching out to FIFA to assist with this transfer. Giovanni was in the Santos academy and did not want to sign a senior team contract. Santos want Ajax to pay a "development fee" (don't know if this is the correct term or not. the player wants to join Ajax where he will be with Jong Ajax to begin with.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 04, 2020 12:37 pm

18 year old Brazilian Mf Giovanni has now joined us and can play immediately.He signs to June 2024 and we ended up paying 500,000 in training fees to Santos.

Santos were disputing the transfer and wanted us to pay a transfer fee ,even though his contract was up.FIFA have ruled in our favour.

He will start with Jong Ajax.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 22, 2020 1:16 pm

Ajax are heavily linked with Igor Gomes of Sao Paulo. I know nothing about him. But this may mean that van de Beek's transfer away is imminent

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Stekelenburg returns and signs for Ajax. Who saw that coming

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jun 22, 2020 8:26 pm

STEKS!!! I think this is a good move and will be absolutely brilliant if Onana stays another year. That way Scherpen can take over from Onana in 2021. Also, Kotarski can go on a loan for the year.

Of course none of us know how much of what Steks has left in him, to play as the backup goalie.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma jun 22, 2020 8:27 pm

If I told you that for the last couple of weeks I was thinking about how nice it would be to have Stekelemburg back.... Unbelievable
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Steks a good no 2.Onana could indeed stay another season which would be great.Kotarski will go on loan and Scherpen the Jong Ajax no 1.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Stekelenburg in his prime was a solid keeper. He had a very good World Cup in South Africa and I was surprised that he never landed with a top team after leaving Ajax. Good to have him back!!! In light of the COVID-19 pandemic everything is all fouled up and it just could be that nobody leaves this season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 25, 2020 8:21 pm

We have signed a 17 year old Danish winger Eskild Munk Dall from Silkeborg on a 3 year contract.He will start with our U18 ( U19 will be called U18 next season)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Rumour we are going to buy Alireza Jahanbaksh ex AZ winger now a bench warmer with Brighton. With Promes Neres and Anthony why would we need to buy another winger and one who has not been good enough with a minor EPL.team.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo jun 28, 2020 9:53 pm

I guess it's his manager that's spreading the rumors. Today I read that PSV are interested in him also

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Agree its his agent.I have said before I knew someone who worked on the Sports side of the Sun paper and he said most transfer rumours came from an agent looking for a move or more money.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma jun 29, 2020 1:32 pm

But if we could get him for... let's say 8-12 million. I guess he could be helpful as a basic(?) or not, player

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jun 29, 2020 2:00 pm

I didn't understand the rumours about Jahanbaksh either and think they're made up.

Plaats reactie