New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 16, 2023 8:39 pm

The Danish club wants nearer 4m which is ok if Porto pay us 4 or 5m for Sanchez. Sanchez is going as back up full back so likely Porto wont buy him and he will return next season and we wont get more than 1m when we try and sell him to a lowly Spanish side.

Just play Gooijer as back up full back,I think he would be good enough although he gets played at Cd and LB with Jermoumi RB at Jong Ajax.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 17, 2023 6:36 pm

Looks like the Anton Gaaei transfer is a done deal. I surely hope he turns out to be a better RB than Rasmus Kristiansen was. I'm in agreement with SPL about letting Goojier be the backup to Rensch.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 17, 2023 7:41 pm

You pick and play your own youth 1st and only buy if they are not good enough .But you must buy players who are better than our own youth .So said Johan Cruijff.

Gooijer should be used as back up and today talk of a 20 year old lad from Man City called McAtee as no 10. We should be giving Misehouy playing time at 10.

Having paid 4.5m plus 1m add on for Gaaei I hope we get Porto to cough up front 5m for Sanchez.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 17, 2023 8:26 pm

SPL schreef:
do aug 17, 2023 7:41 pm
You pick and play your own youth 1st and only buy if they are not good enough .But you must buy players who are better than our own youth .So said Johan Cruijff.
Amen to this!!! If you spend money on what might be the best academy in the world, you should have faith in the players who come from it.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr aug 18, 2023 12:22 am

Never seen Gaaei play, but surely hope that he's equal or better than Rensch. Time to get rid of Sanchez.

Rumour is that Sutalo will be over in Amsterdam over the weekend.

I also truly hope that we're going to give some of our kids a chance as backups in the first team.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 20, 2023 12:02 pm

Waiting for club confirmation but Fabrizio Romano says that Sutalo has signed a 5 year contract with Ajax. One thing I don't know is whether he is left or right footed as I've not seen Dinamo Zagreb play (should have watched their playoff game yesterday).

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 20, 2023 1:11 pm

He is right footed and hope he really is good as we lost Jurrien a few weeks ago and our defence ,apart from Hato, is a shambles.

We are about to buy Gaston Avila an Argentinian LB/LCD from Antwerp,he will play LB .Hope Gaaei is good enough as we will then have Rensch ,Wijndal and Medic as back ups and they are not good enough. Only 2 games but 2m for a German div 2 player we knew we would not betting much and yesterday overall he looked poor and thats forgetting the goal he gave away.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 21, 2023 2:37 pm

Does anyone know what the player registration deadline for this Thursday's game? Still don't see any official pictures of Sutalo and Avila.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 21, 2023 2:59 pm

Amol schreef:
ma aug 21, 2023 2:37 pm
Does anyone know what the player registration deadline for this Thursday's game? Still don't see any official pictures of Sutalo and Avila.
Sutalo deal is done and he is in Amsterdam. Silva is supposed to have his medical tomorrow. I hope is in the Tagliafico/Martinez class and not Magallan!!!!

I'm not sure what the UEFA registration regulations are. IIRC for the Champions League they don't register players until after the playoffs and the field is set. Also, you really cannot register players until after the transfer window closes.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 21, 2023 3:46 pm

I assume you have to present official Team Rosters for these qualifiers though.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 21, 2023 4:10 pm

Sutalo spotted at the Arena. Just saw grainy pictures on Twitter of his official pictures being taken.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 21, 2023 6:41 pm

....and here we go - https://twitter.com/AFCAjax/status/1693 ... 69529?s=20. Love the work which the Ajax Media team does. Top notch.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 21, 2023 7:50 pm

Finally we get a replacement for Timber ,who left way back in early July. 20.5m upfront and 3m add ons so thats about what we paid for Bassey but hope this lad will be better.

Avila next up and that will be it until Kudus is sold, we will then need an experienced right winger .

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 22, 2023 2:08 pm

As I had feared, bot Sutalo and Akpom aren't registered for the Europa League qualifiers. Akpom as he's still waiting for his work permit and Sutalo because he already played in CL qualifiers for anther team.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 22, 2023 5:40 pm

Avila confirmed by Ajax.nl!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 22, 2023 8:05 pm

12.5 plus 1.9 add ons again a decent price for hopefully a good left footed defender

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 27, 2023 8:28 pm

We are after a no10. 1st choice Almada Argentinian with Atlanta in USA.They dont want to sell him until January and want 25m plus He seems a real quality player having been to the WC .

2nd choice some Georgian Mikautadze a striker cum no 10 with Metz. Played Belgium 2nd division and French 2nd Div with Metz where he scored goals. Talk of 10m but he seems like an Akpom mark 2 and not what we need.

A new right winger of quality is needed as Forbs is more of a left winger. PSV after after Lozano and he will score and make loads of goals.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 27, 2023 9:00 pm

SPL schreef:
zo aug 27, 2023 8:28 pm
We are after a no10. 1st choice Almada Argentinian with Atlanta in USA.They dont want to sell him until January and want 25m plus He seems a real quality player having been to the WC .
He only played about 10 minutes in the WC and Atlanta are asking for a lot of money. Atlanta paid $16M for him and will likely want as much money as they got for Almiron who is now at Newcastle ($27M). They are in a tough place also as the transfer window is closed in the US and they could not bring in a replacement. They really don't want to sell him and I think it will take a lot of money to pry him lose. He has also had a couple of dicey incidents in his past while playing in Argentina.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 28, 2023 6:40 pm

Seems like the Metz guy is coming for 20m either 15m or 17m plus add ons . He Akpom and Brobbey are strikers and Berghuis is our only real no 10 and not a winger .This is madness from Ajax.From the main 5 leagues we have signed only one established player V D Boomen from France.And Fitz- Jim is no worse than him.

Not sure the 10 new players this summer will be any better than last summers.Worst of all Timber,Alvarez and Kudus our 3 outstanding players have gone.

Johan Cruijff would cry at this transfer mess. Never mind I worship this beautiful club will cheer on the players but when Vos and Misehouy join Hato in the side i will then know that is the real club .Youth is what the world expects from us and what the fans want.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 29, 2023 3:26 am

Yeah quite bewildered with his Mikautadze purchase to be honest. I don't even think he's the RW who we may have needed.

He's a 5'9" striker from a mid-table French team :confused.gif: . WTF?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 29, 2023 12:27 pm

Indeed an odd signing as Akpom seems a similar player. We are still after a right winger though.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 29, 2023 7:24 pm

Still talk of McAtee from Man City but he is a no 10. Totally disagree with signing him and Forbs also. We should sign established players and use our own youth .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 30, 2023 11:20 am

There are now rumors that we are after a Norwegian #6 to back up Tahirovich. Have Steijn and Mislinstat lost their collective minds? What kind of message is this sending to the youth players? Vos must be regretting that he signed his contract extension and this will be another arrow into the chance to extend Misehouy. If this is the direction Ajax are moving in, I'm sadly pessimistic. I hope the Supervisory Board steps in here as they are spending all this money on the academy and the players are being spurned.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 30, 2023 11:46 am

Vos's agent saying Ajax are a buying club.He is of course right but he is Sanchez's agent who was bought in ahead of youth .

With talk of another DM being bought I dont see Vos getting any playing time .Had he not signed his contract last month I think he would not now sign it and I think Misehouy wont sign . Both are real talents and can easily be backups. Misehouy will walk out for free and Vos will probably try and get out in January,Ajax wont let him go this week.

Bringing in top quality players is one thing but Tahirovic was a Roma reserve and now some nondescript from lowly Norway.

The message Ajax is giving out at present is that youth players have little chance of coming through.I am completely fed up with those running our club,they may as well close down the academy.Vos and Misehouy are the 2 best in our youth along with Godts who we got from Belgium.If these 2 dont get chances what is the chances of any other lesser players.Fitz-Jim is the other outstanding youth and he seems on his way out without getting any chances.

I see MIkautadze cost 16m plus 3m add ons when it was quoted 10m.Think he cost more as its the last week of the market.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 31, 2023 11:59 am

I can't remember if I posted something like this before. Here is a summary of transferred in players over the past decade. It covers most of the time Overmars was in charge. There were some years where Ajax brought in a lot of players, some of whom were duds. Some of these were brought in on free transfers and to the best of my recollection I have put a '*"

van der Hoorn
Duarte
Poulsen*
Viergever*

Sinkgraven
Zimling
Milik
Zivkovic

Dijks
Gudelj
Younes

D. Sanchez
Westermann*
Casseria
Neres
Traore
Ziyech

Orjuela
Taliafico
Wober
Huntelaar

Blind
Magallan
Schuurs
Bande
Tadic

Alvarez
Pirie
Labyad
Marin
Martinez
Babel*
Promes
L. Traore

Scherpen
Steklenburg*
Klaiber
Kudus
Antony
Haller

Gorter
Pasveer*
Berguis

Rulli
Bassey
Kaplan
J. Sanchez
Wijndal
Grillitsch*
Bergwijn
Concecao
Lucca

Plaats reactie