The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

Bericht door Amol » vr dec 04, 2020 3:58 pm

SPL schreef:
vr dec 04, 2020 2:04 pm
Tagliafico has extended by a year to 2023.He is likely to go next summer but this extra year should mean we get near the 25m price we originally agreed with Nico.

We need to do a similar deal with Onana.Last summer 35m was quoted but next summer with 1 year left dont expect more than 10 to 15m.

Meanwhile Brobbey still says an extension is near but how long does it take to agree an 18 year old Jong Ajax player?
Excellent news indeed. Do you have any idea of when Salah Eddine is expected to be back from injury?

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr dec 04, 2020 5:21 pm

Max de Waal a box to box midfielder, has renewed his contract to 2023. He is only 18, so it will take him a year or two to break into the first team. Him along with Kenneth Taylor, who is likely to break into the first team this season, have the potential to form a good partnership in midfield for the near future. Too early I know but it's nice to think that we have another gem to polish and keep for a few years!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Good news for de Waal ,actually his 1st contract.Has played in the majority of Jong Ajax games and had no contract unlike all the others.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr dec 04, 2020 7:12 pm

SPL schreef:
vr dec 04, 2020 6:11 pm
Good news for de Waal ,actually his 1st contract.Has played in the majority of Jong Ajax games and had no contract unlike all the others.
All we need now is Warmerdam to sign a contract.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Warmerdam with 2 appearances for Jong is the only other Jong player without a contract who has played this season.Should have said this yesterday Ayman is on the ball ,

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di dec 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Brobbey is not interested in moving to Milan and has said he wants to stay at Ajax and make it in our 1st team. Just hope he signs soon.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo dec 30, 2020 2:24 pm

There is a good list of the Ajax players and the end of their contracts: https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/ho ... uzes-maken In addition to Brobbey, Quentin Timber and Salah-Eddine need to be considered for contract extensions this year.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 31, 2020 2:51 pm

Thanks Orange for posting the showtime link .Q Timber and Salah-Eddine were in talks about extending when they got bad injuries .Both on the mend so hopefully they will soon extend

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 11, 2021 8:33 pm

About time Overmars got some contract extensions to those 1st teamers who are contracted to 2022 ,Blind,Mazraoui,Onana,and even Traore and Schuurs.

Most important is what happens to Gravenberch ,contract to 2023,but for us to get a big fee we would need to sell this summer.
We cannot risk keeping him next season without an extension as Raiola will drag it out ie. Summer 2022 he will not have extended have 1 year left and like Kluivert will get sold for less than 20m.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Perr Schuurs has extended his contract to 2025,from 2022. Still think he will develop into a decent class defender and Ajax would not extend by 4.5 years if they were about to write him off.He has made it clear he wants to stay and make it at Ajax and is not interested in going abroad at present.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jan 16, 2021 3:47 am

SPL schreef:
vr jan 15, 2021 8:20 pm
Perr Schuurs has extended his contract to 2025,from 2022. Still think he will develop into a decent class defender and Ajax would not extend by 4.5 years if they were about to write him off.He has made it clear he wants to stay and make it at Ajax and is not interested in going abroad at present.

So we are stuck with this lumbering carthorse for the next few years.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 18, 2021 5:01 pm

Apparently Ajax are going to make another try to get Brobbey to sign an extension.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Seems Ajax are hopeful of a break through.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 24, 2021 2:37 pm

3 youths contract news .I always lump youths in this section

Krystian Hlynsson ,Icelandic MF extends from June 2022 to 2023

U16 MF Rico Speksnijder ,16 this last week and an ex Feyenoord youth, signs a 3 year deal from July 2021 to June 2024

Finally a new signing from Heerenveen
Yoram Boerhout ,not yet 16, but a striker and big talent.Joins us this summer and contract to July 2021 to June 2024.

Boerhout has evidently played in the U21 league at the start of the season and seems a good replacement for Rijkoff.

Ajax have many more youths to contract. No youth football being played but Warmerdam, Baas and Yah are all playing Jong Ajax and we have lots of talents born in 2005 .Expect Ajax to be busy in the next few weeks.

Of course we still have Jong Ajax players with contracts expiring in June this year ie Salah-Eddine ,QTimber,Llansana,
Kasanwirjo to extend.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 03, 2021 1:28 pm

Daley Blind is about to extend his contract from 2022.Mazraoui is also going to be offered an extension ,again from 2022.

Of the others whose contracts run to 2022,the club are talking to Onana but the other 3 Labyad,Ekkelenkamp and Traore will likely be sold this summer.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo mar 03, 2021 7:00 pm

SPL schreef:
wo mar 03, 2021 1:28 pm
Daley Blind is about to extend his contract from 2022.Mazraoui is also going to be offered an extension ,again from 2022.

Of the others whose contracts run to 2022,the club are talking to Onana but the other 3 Labyad,Ekkelenkamp and Traore will likely be sold this summer.
Blind and Nous extending is good news indeed.

I hope that they wait to see what Brobbey does before selling Traore.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 03, 2021 7:52 pm

I may be wrong about Traore but clearly Brobbey is rated above him as Brobbey has been getting sub games recently.Traore has not impressed with Jong in recent games.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mar 04, 2021 12:33 pm

Apparently Overmars is angry at what the head of KNVB, Hoogma said about justifying Brobbey leaving. I get the feeling Ajax are going to need to look for another striker(s) at the end of the season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Overmars is still talking to Raiola and has been to Monaco last week to talk to see him.Ajax still hope to sign Brobbey so who knows.

Have to say although Haller has scored a few goals he doesn't yet impress me.Yesterday he was poor.Brobbey is needed as no 2 .

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do mar 04, 2021 1:59 pm

I like Haller’s hold up and linking play (usually). I don’t get the feeling he’s the type of CF to score 30 in a season.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 04, 2021 3:47 pm

I think Haller was a panic buy after all the striker injuries in December. All three: Traore, Brobbey, and Huntelar, were injured. Ajax had to fill the position. Was Haller worth the price? I think it's premature to draw that conclusion right now. Clearly the big price paid for him is a cause for concern. Traore had that one 5 goal game but that was an aberration as everyone was scoring that day. Ajax have not had a decent striker since Huntelar's first stint with Ajax.

Who is the last real home grown strike to come through the ranks of Ajax? Certainly there is nobody in the past 15 years that I can think of. Dolberg came over from Denmark and spent some time in development but most of the others were direct purchases. Do we have to go all the way back to Bergkamp and van Basten??

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Patrick Kluivert was the last homegrown striker to break through and make it.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mar 04, 2021 5:43 pm

SPL schreef:
do mar 04, 2021 4:07 pm
Patrick Kluivert was the last homegrown striker to break through and make it.
Not Babel? Even though he played at the wings for the most part, but did play as a centre forward at times no?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do mar 04, 2021 8:25 pm

Orange14 schreef:
do mar 04, 2021 3:47 pm
I think Haller was a panic buy after all the striker injuries in December. All three: Traore, Brobbey, and Huntelar, were injured. Ajax had to fill the position. Was Haller worth the price? I think it's premature to draw that conclusion right now. Clearly the big price paid for him is a cause for concern. Traore had that one 5 goal game but that was an aberration as everyone was scoring that day. Ajax have not had a decent striker since Huntelar's first stint with Ajax.

Who is the last real home grown strike to come through the ranks of Ajax? Certainly there is nobody in the past 15 years that I can think of. Dolberg came over from Denmark and spent some time in development but most of the others were direct purchases. Do we have to go all the way back to Bergkamp and van Basten??
I think it was somewhat of a panic buy with the goal of protecting the CL money from next season. We weren't doing too great end of 2020 and had lost both Traore and Brobbey to injuries towards the end.

He has helped us win some of the games this year and I do like his hold up and link play.

So I understand why we spent the money.

I feel really bad for Traore since he'll now be the 3rd choice because of the promises which we would need to make to Brobbey.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr mar 05, 2021 12:34 am

Amol schreef:
do mar 04, 2021 8:25 pm
Orange14 schreef:
do mar 04, 2021 3:47 pm

I think it was somewhat of a panic buy with the goal of protecting the CL money from next season. We weren't doing too great end of 2020 and had lost both Traore and Brobbey to injuries towards the end.

He has helped us win some of the games this year and I do like his hold up and link play.

So I understand why we spent the money.

I feel really bad for Traore since he'll now be the 3rd choice because of the promises which we would need to make to Brobbey.
So we lose Traore AND Brobbey by the end of the season? Great!

Plaats reactie