The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

Bericht door SPL » wo sep 01, 2021 1:24 pm

Ajaxshowtime's headline Overmars needs to extend contracts.My thoughts as follows.

Mainly those running to 2022 Onana and Mazraoui plus Danilo should all get extensions.Labyad wont get another contract.

2023 Tagliafico and Neres mentioned but Ajax will either sell in January or next summer.Main 2 extensions Gravenberch and Martinez although there is an option to 2024 on him.

Plenty of work for Overmars and we will wait to see how many of those I list actually extend

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 06, 2021 6:51 pm

In the not so good news department, there is a rumor that Mazraoui is switching agents and signing with Raiola. If true, I don't see him signing a contract extension and since his contract expires next June, he may have to be sold in January.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 06, 2021 8:59 pm

Yes I read about Mazraoui with Raiola. Agree he wont renew,likewise Gravenberch ,contract to 2023 wont renew.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di sep 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Set a clear deadline a couple months out with Nous. If he doesn't sign by then, then move to Jong Ajax and sell in the winter.

Lets please avoid the drama this time.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 07, 2021 9:08 pm

Overmars has confirmed an extension has almost been agreed with Martinez and he is still negotiating with Mazraoui and is hopeful he will sign an extension.(No mention of Raiola).
Big news he says Gravenberch has an option they can extend and they will discuss with him in the next month. Thus Gravenberch has an option to 2024 which is good news as we will likely see him go next summer.Also talks of a new contract with Danilo is mentioned.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Now confirmed Gravenberch has no option ,just runs to 2023,Ajax want to extend but unlikely with Raiola.

Mazraoui now with Raiola so he is unlikely to extend. Ajax should give him until the winter break to sign and if he does not then he will not get picked for the 2nd half of the season.He can rot on the bench.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo sep 12, 2021 10:12 pm

SPL schreef:
za sep 11, 2021 1:32 pm
Now confirmed Gravenberch has no option ,just runs to 2023,Ajax want to extend but unlikely with Raiola.

Mazraoui now with Raiola so he is unlikely to extend. Ajax should give him until the winter break to sign and if he does not then he will not get picked for the 2nd half of the season.He can rot on the bench.
Yep Mazraoui should be sold in January. But Raiola's anti Ajax tactics have shifted, he stalls on the final year on the contract and makes them go for free, when Raiola would benefit if they extended their contracts, that's how deep his hatred for Ajax is. It goes all the way back to 1988 with the Rijkaard transfer debacle. He was supposed to sign for Sporting Lisbon but ended up signing for Real Zaragoza. Luckily his career wasn't ruined unlike those after him. E.g Bryan Roy

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo sep 15, 2021 12:48 pm

Some good news Martinez has agreed an extension to 2025

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do sep 16, 2021 4:20 am

SPL schreef:
wo sep 15, 2021 12:48 pm
Some good news Martinez has agreed an extension to 2025
That's excellent news. He has truly displaced Blind from the LCB spot to become the main starter.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 17, 2021 7:24 pm

Another goalie under contract 16 year old Tom De Graaff, signs to June 2024.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 01, 2021 6:58 pm

Martinez has officially extended to 2025 today Great news he is a really good defender and hope he stays to 2023 at least.

Mazraoui and Gravenberch next although with Raiola thats going to be very tough.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za okt 16, 2021 12:31 pm

U18 LCD Mateja Milovanovic has signed a contract to June 2024 .He is 17 and has Serbia parents.I have watched about 3x U18 games so far this season and impressed with him,he could play DMF. 2 or 3 Italian sides wanted him so glad we have contracted him.

I am surprised our U18 left back Prince Aning has no contract as he played for Oranje U18 this week and even scored.(The remaining 3 Ajax in Oranje U18 and all 5 with Oranje U17 all contracted)

Of course a minor issue when Mazraoui,Onana,Labyad and Danilo are all likely to leave on frees next June

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 22, 2021 7:17 pm

Alvarez has confirmed he is about to extend his contract by a year to 2025.He says he and his partner are very happy at Ajax and in Amsterdam.Good news as he has improved his game a lot over this last year.

With Martinez also signing up with no problems it is much easier dealing with these latin players as they dont have Raiola.

Article today says we have just started talking to Gravenberch , lucky he is signed to 2023 because he wont sign and nor will Mazraoui who will walk out for nothing.

At Jong Ajax level I note Reeger has a contract to 2022 and has not signed. He played all last season and this season and was only 18 in August

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 27, 2021 8:33 pm

Alvarez has officially signed extension to 2025 ,good news. Report today Mazraoui almost certainly to go on a free,bad news.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo okt 27, 2021 8:53 pm

SPL schreef:
wo okt 27, 2021 8:33 pm
Alvarez has officially signed extension to 2025 ,good news. Report today Mazraoui almost certainly to go on a free,bad news.
Why don't our dear players understand that for most players - if you move to a club for free, they're not really going to value you. Most clubs take care of players who they've spent a lot of money on. Protecting investments etc.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo okt 27, 2021 8:56 pm

SPL schreef:
wo okt 27, 2021 8:33 pm
Excellent news on Alvarez by the way. ETH has totally changed the things expected of him, to make him a success.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo okt 27, 2021 11:31 pm

LOL Mazraoui said in an interview he wants to follow Alvarez and sign, that he wants to stay. We heard that before. But Mino Raiola will never allow it.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do okt 28, 2021 2:11 pm

Ayman schreef:
wo okt 27, 2021 11:31 pm
LOL Mazraoui said in an interview he wants to follow Alvarez and sign, that he wants to stay. We heard that before. But Mino Raiola will never allow it.
Indeed. First want to see this, then I will believe it.
Justin Kluivert (and also Kenny Tete) have said like 135 times in a row that they would extend that contract before they came with "oh wait, we won't"

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do okt 28, 2021 4:46 pm

Cruijff schreef:
do okt 28, 2021 2:11 pm
Ayman schreef:
wo okt 27, 2021 11:31 pm
Justin Kluivert (and also Kenny Tete) have said like 135 times in a row that they would extend that contract before they came with "oh wait, we won't"
Start benching him in November. We can release a statement which says that 'We really want him to start'

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do okt 28, 2021 10:22 pm

Amol schreef:
do okt 28, 2021 4:46 pm
Cruijff schreef:
do okt 28, 2021 2:11 pm

Start benching him in November. We can release a statement which says that 'We really want him to start'
:biggrin.gif:
I like your idea! :biggthumpup.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr okt 29, 2021 4:22 am

Amol schreef: Start benching him in November. We can release a statement which says that 'We really want him to start'
Afbeelding

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr okt 29, 2021 3:44 pm

I mean we have a solid backup in Rensch - lets start growing him. If Nous isn't serious about signing and we're losing him anyway, then he can serve as a backup to Rensch.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr okt 29, 2021 7:39 pm

I am getting fed up with this Raiola cult. I don't know who is to blame. Him or the player? I haven't seen this kind of behavior in any other major team, except for some memorable situations. It seems that in Ajax it's an everyday problem. As if we torture our players and they are trying to escape... What the hell man!!
May the Force be with you

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr okt 29, 2021 9:00 pm

souras84 schreef:
vr okt 29, 2021 7:39 pm
I haven't seen this kind of behavior in any other major team, except for some memorable situations. It seems that in Ajax it's an everyday problem. As if we torture our players and they are trying to escape... What the hell man!!

We are not torturing our players at all, indeed. They could be a bit more grateful for their "education" and the chances you get as young player for real playing time in the first team.
souras84 schreef:
I am getting fed up with this Raiola cult. I don't know who is to blame. Him or the player? I haven't seen this kind of behavior in any other major team, except for some memorable situations.
Don't know.
Messi leaving for free at FC Barcelona. Wijnaldum also waited until his contract in Liverpool ended to go to PSG. Memphis Depay made a free transfer while Olympique Lyonnais did dozens of offers to extend.

Same thing with for example Sergio Ramos and that Italian goalie Donnarumma. It seems like this quickly became a trend.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr okt 29, 2021 10:59 pm

Cruijff schreef:
vr okt 29, 2021 9:00 pm
souras84 schreef:
I am getting fed up with this Raiola cult. I don't know who is to blame. Him or the player? I haven't seen this kind of behavior in any other major team, except for some memorable situations.
Don't know.
Messi leaving for free at FC Barcelona. Wijnaldum also waited until his contract in Liverpool ended to go to PSG. Memphis Depay made a free transfer while Olympique Lyonnais did dozens of offers to extend.

Same thing with for example Sergio Ramos and that Italian goalie Donnarumma. It seems like this quickly became a trend.
I think this is right. We are seeing more players running out contracts. Dembele at Barca may leave for free next summer. There are others. Players have more control about where they can go. I don't think this is just Raiola clients. Remember, Raiola has a lot of players he represents and I think he delegates a lot to others in his agency regarding specific players. Clubs are in a tough spot. They don't want to give super long contracts to players for fear their skills will deteriorate and they won't be starters any longer. All they can do is treat the players with respect and offer regular extensions. Ajax has done a decent job of this for the most part. Alvarez and Martinez both extended this year.

It's interesting that at the Juventus Board meeting the other day, they were told that players have to be sold before any new ones can come in. Speculation is that de Ligt who has a high buy out will leave this summer to provide that cash. Could happen but where would he go? IMO, his best choice would be Bayern if he wants to play at a high level. Barca are a basket case and it's going to take 2-3 years before they can compete. I hope he doesn't pick Real Madrid who are the club I most despise (also Ajax players have not done well there).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Plaats reactie