Gregory van der Wiel

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Gregory van der Wiel

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Just like Jeffrey Sarpong and Vurnon Anita, Greg van der Wiel renewed his contract with Ajax. As per 01 July he is a fully-fledged member of the Ajax-1 squad, so I suppose he deserves his own discussion thread!

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo jul 04, 2007 3:09 pm

I have yet to see him play but everything i have heard about him is good, cant wait till the season starts to catch him in action.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Re: Gregory van der Wiel

Bericht door aveslacker » do jul 05, 2007 3:12 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Just like Jeffrey Sarpong and Vurnon Anita, Greg van der Wiel renewed his contract with Ajax. As per 01 July he is a fully-fledged member of the Ajax-1 squad, so I suppose he deserves his own discussion thread!

K.
The kid's got lots of potential, and has seemed pretty cool in the back, even when thrown in the deep end.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jan 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Looks like he's back in training with the first team (according to the Dutch-language forum).
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo apr 30, 2008 11:13 am

Can anyone tell me what is wrog with this lad? Is he still alive?

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo apr 30, 2008 3:44 pm

He suffers from his knee (Feyenoord - Ajax this autumn) and still trains apart. He said a few weeks ago that he hoped to play again this season, if not during the play-offs, with Jong Ajax. It seems optimistic.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 06, 2008 7:07 pm

One game's suspension. Handed to him by the KNVB today for his 'double yellow' in the game against Heerenveen. He will miss the FC Groningen home game.

He was really shit in Heerenveen, by the way. Could have been sent off in the first half - and you could feel it coming in the second.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma okt 06, 2008 7:21 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
He was really shit in Heerenveen, by the way. SHOULD have been sent off in the first half
K.
Fixed your post :ajaxsmiley.gif: Him and Vertongen - bloody idiots the pair of them, like they'd never seen rain before. 35 year old Sibon ran rings round v.d. Wiel
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 02, 2009 8:13 am

His first goal - and what a fantastic one! :headbang.gif:

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mar 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:His first goal - and what a fantastic one! :headbang.gif:

K.
Indeed, that's the kind of goal I'd like to see Ajax score more of.

I thought he played pretty well yesterday, although I remember him getting beaten by Van Der Gun once. In fact, our back four played quite well yesterday.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 10, 2009 4:11 pm

Juve fancy him according to their press. Mind you Juve have fancied about 50 defenders .No chance of Ajax letting him go and the lad needs about 2/3 more years here to hopefully develop into top quality.
It was obvious seeing him playing for the full Dutch team that the pigs would soon come out their troughs and Juve are the first .If Juve were serious I would imagine Ajax would ask a minimum £10m and I doubt Juve would pay that sort of money for him.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za apr 11, 2009 11:41 pm

I hear the " the grass isn't always greener " orchestra warming up again. Hopefully Gregory van der Wiel will take note.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 13, 2009 7:22 pm

He has been quoted as saying he wont join Juventus and wont leave Ajax this summer as he is not ready to go abroad. Good news , hope we can get another couple of years out of him.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Suárez 'Man of the Season'; Van der Wiel 'Talent of the Season'. Trophies were presented after the Twente game.

Congrats, Greg.

K.
Still alive...

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » ma mei 11, 2009 11:59 pm

V.D.Wiel is a very promising player who I hope we see in an Ajax shirt for many years to come!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do aug 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Atletico Madrid Chase Ajax Youngster Gregory Van Der Wiel
The Dutch international is a candidate to strengthen Atletico's defence...

According to a report in Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, Atletico Madrid are closely monitoring the situation of highly rated defender Gregory van der Wiel from Ajax.

The Spanish side are keen to add some more depth to their squad at the back and have reportedly made Van der Wiel their primary target after the transfers of Emmanuel Eboue and Jesus Gamez fell through.

The 21-year-old has developed into an important first team member at Ajax in the past two seasons. The right-back even made it to Holland's national team after a number of impressive performances.

Ajax's hefty asking price could prove to be a problem for Atletico though. The Spaniards are reportedly ready to make a €3 million offer, while Ajax will be reluctant to let go of Van der Wiel for an amount less than €10 million. The right back's current Ajax deal is due to expire in the summer of 2013.

Van der Wiel was being linked with Italian powerhouse Juventus earlier this year, but the youngster made it clear back then that he wasn't ready to leave Ajax just yet.
3m, yeah right :drecul.gif: Maybe they want Suarez for 5m? :biggrin.gif: I don't understand why they need RB in first palce, when they have Johny there.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do aug 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Maybe they saw the Holland game last night :drecul.gif:
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 17, 2009 7:49 am

Van der Wiel had a f**king stinker against PSV, I have to say...

Possibly the worst Ajax player on the pitch.

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma aug 17, 2009 8:12 am

Like in every 'tough' game it seems... (remember Marseille and Feyenoord away ?)
A bit weird one for the one who once said "everyone can defend"... :excited.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 17, 2009 10:49 am

Interesting to read as I have never thought he was a great defender. Still he can only improve as he has only had 1 real season in the team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 21, 2009 11:41 am

Rumours that AMadrid Juventus and even Arsenal are watching him.Goal.com say he is valued at £7m
but i cannot believe he has a min fee in his contract and Ajax would even now want well over £10m .
He wont go anywhere until the summer and after the WC . He still needs another year or so here imo to develop.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo okt 21, 2009 3:01 pm

SPL schreef:Rumours that AMadrid Juventus and even Arsenal are watching him.Goal.com say he is valued at £7m
but i cannot believe he has a min fee in his contract and Ajax would even now want well over £10m .
He wont go anywhere until the summer and after the WC . He still needs another year or so here imo to develop.
To be honest, I think the global economic downturn has helped clubs like Ajax, as there are fewer clubs who will be able to pick off our young players. I also think it makes it harder for a player like Suarez to go in the winter break.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 21, 2009 7:52 pm

He must be valued at 15m and Juve AMadrid and Arsenal would not pay that. Rumour says Barca fancy him but I am not sure he is ready yet. The only decent team we have played this season PSV he struggled imo.

(Suarez only Barca would come in and they talk of 22m but Ajax would not even talk for less than 30m)

grachtdog
Contacteer:

Bericht door grachtdog » ma nov 30, 2009 8:59 am

This hasn't made it to this topic yet?..during the Vitesse match, the ESPN360 announcer wouldn't stop talking about "Senor" van der Wiel on his way to Atletico Madrid during the January transfer window. Anything more concrete about this from other sources?

And to think Gregory almost bought my old apartment in Buitenveldert last year. Guess that deal isn't going to happen. Say, anyone want to buy a great apartment in Buitenveldert?
XXX

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 30, 2009 12:28 pm

A Madrid would like him but evidently would not pay more than 10m euros for him . Ajax will say no to any sale in January . If he plays well in the WC and a big team comes in for him (A Madrid are a small bunch of non descripts imo) and offers well over 15m I can see him going.

As for January well the club have said Ogararu and Silva can go also Wielaert so they are not going to let their no 1 right back go !!

Gesloten