Luis Suárez

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

Re: Luis Suárez

Bericht door Philippe » di jan 25, 2011 11:29 am

I think De Boer knows what it’s like for a player to be forced to stay. As much as I would like Suarez to stay, there is nothing sensible we can do about it. If he wants to leave, and he really does, and made it clear this week, we have to let him go.
As for this season, we're done anyway as far as the championship is concerned.
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 25, 2011 12:02 pm

He might want to go and if it were a big team like Real Barca or Man u we might be forced to accept a smaller fee but no way should we be forced to accept a low fee from Liverpool . He should be told you are here until the summer .Only 14 league games and if he can regain his form and get us the title then bigger clubs than Liverpool will want him.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di jan 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Ajax is now apparently planning on reporting Liverpool for improperly approaching Luis.. YAY!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jan 25, 2011 7:35 pm

No way he's leaving unless Liverpool pay what we want. Glad Ajax seems to be standing firm on this.

I don't think Suarez wants to go to Liverpool bad enough to force the move. If it was Barca it would be another story. I think he's happy to wait until the summer, as is the club, for a better team than Liverpool at the moment, if no other club is willing to pay the asking fee in the next week or so.

Maybe I'd just forgotten, but I read today that Suarez's agent is Pep Guardiola's brother, seems like a good connection for Luis for a team he's said before he'd be attracted to. Doesn't he also live in Barcelona, or does he just vacation there all the time?
AFCA

ferry

Bericht door ferry » di jan 25, 2011 10:34 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:No way he's leaving unless Liverpool pay what we want. Glad Ajax seems to be standing firm on this.

I don't think Suarez wants to go to Liverpool bad enough to force the move. If it was Barca it would be another story. I think he's happy to wait until the summer, as is the club, for a better team than Liverpool at the moment, if no other club is willing to pay the asking fee in the next week or so.

Maybe I'd just forgotten, but I read today that Suarez's agent is Pep Guardiola's brother, seems like a good connection for Luis for a team he's said before he'd be attracted to. Doesn't he also live in Barcelona, or does he just vacation there all the time?
No way Suarez is worth 30-35M Euro. They will never get that amount of money from anyone. I think that if Liverpool moves somewhere mid-twenties, they have a good chance of signing him.

As for your remark of Suarez' agent being the brother of Pep Guardiola, I posted this in the Dutch Suarez topic:
Gone are the days when Liverpool could expect to outdo Barcelona in the transfer market but if they complete the capture of Luis Suarez they will be signing a player who could easily have ended up at the Nou Camp had family ties not got in the way.
Barca have followed the Uruguayan striker during his time in the Dutch Eredivisie and when he scored 35 goals in 33 games last season and then shone at the World Cup the Spanish champions contemplated snapping up the 24-year-old.
One decisive factor stood in their way. Suarez is managed by Pere Guardiola the former Nike executive turned agent, who also happens to be the brother of the Barcelona coach Pep.
The scenario of Pep signing a player whose agent Pere would inevitably receive a large amount of money from the club gave the Guardiolas a moral dilemma that they decided to pass on. The club stepped back from any deal concentrating instead on renewing Bojan Krkic’s contract and signing Ibrahim Afellay.

In demand: Luis Suarez is set to head to Liverpool rather than European giants Barcelona
So despite Suarez being so often described as ‘made to play for Barca’ and despite having a Catalan wife from the Barcelona Province seaside town of Castelldefels with whom he has a baby daughter Delfina, he will not be pitching up at the Nou Camp. One Guardiola’s loss could end up being Liverpool’s gain.
And if Liverpool fans are wondering whether Suarez will adapt quickly to life on Merseyside or go by the way of so many flaky imports, the reports from Holland are promising.
Suarez switched to Dutch football aged just 19 when he moved to Groningen in 2006. The low-profile northern outpost could have done for him but aside from getting straight down to the business of scoring goals – 10 in 29 games in his first season - he started learning Dutch which he now speaks fluently.
Improving his currently poor English will not be a problem, and neither will communicating with Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt in the meantime.
For what it's worth... It's coming from the Daily Mail, so take it with a pinch (or big bag) of salt.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Suarez is going to ask Ajax to lower their asking price so he can go to to Liverpool. As it is now Weds and we want either him or a replacement for Sunday's game I think we now have to tell him he has to stay.

ferry

Bericht door ferry » wo jan 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Ajax has given Liverpool an ultimatum: if they want to do business they have to make a move no later than January 29th. De Boer added jokingly: "every day after that we'll add 5M to the price" :-)
Source is De Telegraaf

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 26, 2011 2:28 pm

SPL schreef:Suarez is going to ask Ajax to lower their asking price so he can go to to Liverpool. As it is now Weds and we want either him or a replacement for Sunday's game I think we now have to tell him he has to stay.
Do the cup games count towards the seven match suspension? If not, he can't play on Sunday as it will have only been five league matches.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Cup games count so AZ and now NAC are included in the 7.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 26, 2011 7:05 pm

SPL schreef:Cup games count so AZ and now NAC are included in the 7.
Thanks! Maybe we can score some goals on Sunday. :smallgrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » wo jan 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Probably someone who reads Dutch can help...

There's an article ajax1.nl telling about Suarez and arbitry. Is he going to court to move to Liverpool? He moved this way to Ajax... Or is it just a pure speculation.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo jan 26, 2011 8:43 pm

paladinby schreef:Probably someone who reads Dutch can help...

There's an article ajax1.nl telling about Suarez and arbitry. Is he going to court to move to Liverpool? He moved this way to Ajax... Or is it just a pure speculation.
It's pure speculation. The rumours of Luis wanting to go to Liverpool very bad are consistent, but nothing official yet.

I hope Luis will stay and leave at the end of the season to a bigger club. It will also be better for him.

aztattooedsean777
Contacteer:

Bericht door aztattooedsean777 » do jan 27, 2011 8:38 am

You see what Dzeko lead Wolfsburg to getting in transfer fee. Then, you see what Bent got Sunderland in transfer fees.

I would stay firm.

The Purple Cow Again

Bericht door The Purple Cow Again » vr jan 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Breaking news on SKY Sports News, he's now a Liverpool player.

€26.5 million.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr jan 28, 2011 6:26 pm

The Purple Cow Again schreef:Breaking news on SKY Sports News, he's now a Liverpool player.

€26.5 million.
This is the end.... :confused.gif:
May the Force be with you

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » vr jan 28, 2011 6:55 pm

:rules.gif: Fuck.

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » vr jan 28, 2011 7:08 pm

I just want our board to resign. All of them.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jan 28, 2011 7:30 pm

well, 30 million would have been perfect. I would have let them offer less than 30 only for a player to switch in the deal (babel of course). but..hey, this moment had to arrive.
now we simply can't afford to waste some of this money to buy a mediocre striker. the rest of the amount goes to save our bills. champions league and suarez in the same year, at least we have almost resolved our financial troubles I hope.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 28, 2011 7:37 pm

The amount is good enough but not at all happy that we have sold him 3 days before the deadline. Reading between the lines Suarez has been unhappy that the club did not fight his 7 match ban .Had
Ajax fought the 7 games and say it was reduced to 4 games he may not have felt so fed up with the club.

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr jan 28, 2011 7:37 pm

We are not going to win the league, and we can win the cup without him. Face it: He was leaving anyway, and Ajax are entering another "rebuilding" phase. Personally, I'm happy to see him go. The price seems reasonable, and I'm tired of defending his bullshit theatrics to my friends. Brilliant player, but unfortunately not an entirely honest one. Thanks Luis. It's been fun. Enjoy Liverpool.

(slipping into my flame-proof suit...)
Mark it 8, Dude.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Yes thanks Luis for your goals and entertainment . Sad to see it all end rather sour.Good luck at Liverpool you will need it .

Toppie

Bericht door Toppie » vr jan 28, 2011 8:02 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... elsea.html

Luis is coming but Torres wants to leave

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jan 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Good luck Luis, and let's hope (whoever is at fault) that El Hamdoui isn't completely p'ed pff with Ajax and will stay. He's not a Luis replacement I know but we definately need him now.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr jan 28, 2011 8:19 pm

And having just bidded him "good riddance", I should add that my son will be very sad to see him go.

Ryan and Luis

:ajaxscarf.gif:
Mark it 8, Dude.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jan 28, 2011 8:24 pm

i apologize if this ends up to be false hope, but hold the phone on this

supposedly, luis told liverpool that he would not sign if they sell torres, and just like clockwork...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 97,00.html
Laatst gewijzigd door bluedaddy19 op vr jan 28, 2011 8:26 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Gesloten