05 Feb 2012: Ajax - FC Utrecht

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Re: 05 Feb 2012: Ajax - FC Utrecht

Bericht door afcajax73 » zo feb 05, 2012 5:57 pm

i knew we would lose today, we just cant cope with the injuries. and havent yet realised were falling massively behind. season over now. man utd will tear us apart, and we will never catch that gap up.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo feb 05, 2012 6:09 pm

And here I thought the bad old days were finally behind us after last year's championship.

Fuck all these guys.

:drecul.gif: :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo feb 05, 2012 6:17 pm

jamcocteau schreef:Well may as weigh in with my first post of the season.

I woke up this morning and went for a walk before 9am on a beautiful subzero Amsterdam morning, down round the canals before picking up the Sunday newspapers. Got home and had nice cup of tea and couple of bacon rolls reading Sunday Times and it struck me why should I let that poor excuse for a football team spoil my day, in fact spoil a beautiful weekend for me. So I decided not to go and looking at the sparse crowd I was not the only one. I don't feel any guilt at all about my decision. I have had a season ticket now for 8 years and this season I have never become so disillusioned with football. I used to look forward to a Sunday and my trips to the ArenA but now there is total apathy from me.

The club is a total shambles from top to bottom. The off the field situation I pay little attention to now, it has become that boring. Appears to me that it is one bunch of spoilt schoolkids fighting against another with a massive football club as the prize, but all the time the prize is crumbling to bits and all the victor is going to be left with is a handfull of dust.

On the playing side this is by far the worst Ajax team I have seen in years, forget injuries etc it is still a poor excuse for a football team. I have seen 8 year old football teams with more tactical know how on a pitch. How can you be expected to win games never mind trophies when you dont even start games with a recognised striker on the pitch.

There is not one player in the squad who gives me any sort of excitement to go and watch. No Suarez's, Huntelaar's, Sneijder's, Zlatan's etc instead we have a team full of journeymen. Even Eriksen is doing nothing for me now - when I saw the guy's first game for Ajax I thought he looked something special. Now I see his value falling and if he does not get away from Ajax by the end of this season then I think he is making a big mistake, and this pains me to write that. He has so much potential but it is being wasted at the ArenA.

The academy is a disaster as far as I can see. If Imbecilio is the standard of player it is producing then god help the future of Ajax. I seriously think somebody at the club should have a word with that guy. He is everything that is wrong with modern young footballers. All bling - fancy boots, fancy haircuts etc - and absolutely no substance at all. Somebody at the club should be telling him prove yourself on the pitch first first then when you have done that then you can act the fancydan.

As for De Boer I know he has had bad luck with injuries on the playing side but some of his decision strike me as pure stubborness as if he has a point to prove. He brings in Lodeiro for a few months and he does reasonably well playing out of position and then he drops him. Why was Bulykin not on from the start, especially against a physical side like Utrecht. What is Blind even doing anywhere near an Ajax jersey. Vermeer has lost all confidence and should be dropped - a goalkeeper with no confidence does not help an already poor defence. I could go on.

Anyway today I sat reading monthly music magazines with the game on in the background, and with not a lot being commented on I very rarely raised my head to watch it. This is the state that Ajax this season has reduced me too.

I know my comments will provoke criticism but really dont care. The club already has my season ticket money which is fortunate for them because if I was paying on a game by game basis I am afraid they would be lucky to get anymore cash from me this season.

Anyway gents enjoy the rest of your day.
Well put Jammy.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 05, 2012 6:33 pm

jamcocteau ,you as a season ticket holder have more right to have a moan than anyone else. Agree with your comments.

Ebecilio Blind Ozbiliz are the best that has come out of our academy in recent years which shows how rubbish it is. V Rhijn has only just come into the team and is really a right back.
He says he will leave unless he thinks he will get a regular place next season.

This season is finished and although we have had injuries I would point out that we must be the only team in Europe whose 2nd goalie cost 4m and cannot get into the team .Vermeer is poor and should not be playing . He has given Utrecht 6 points this season .

As I have said before we only have 1 left back,the injury prone Boilesen who last April was still an A1 youth . To not play with a striker defies all logic. The situation whereby EL Ham
does not play is a sad joke .Bulykin is brought in by de Boer but he only trusts him for 10mins.

After the magic of last season the honeymoon is over for deBoer and at this point of the season I am not sure he is good enough to rebuild Ajax.

The only real potential star in this team is indeed Eriksen and he must move this summer as he is wasting his time in this team.VERY VERY SAD TO SAY IT

Until the schoolkids stop fighting and decide who is in charge off the field then nothing will change. At this moment I feel Cruyff should stay in Barca and leave the club to V Gaal to take over as coach .

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » zo feb 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Ajax are a mess. A young mess.
By some Janusz Michallik ESPN
He also referred to them, during a long string of pointless possession, as Ajax Light.
Mark it 8, Dude.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Looking at the table had the linesman not cocked up v Twente with the Vertoghen goal and had we won both games v Utrecht ,which we would have done with a proper goalie and not a clown we would be top. The teams above us are not that great which makes things 100 times worse for us at present.

Without 6 points v Ajax Utrecht would be 2 points off bottom !

zeux

Bericht door zeux » zo feb 05, 2012 8:19 pm

SPL schreef:Looking at the table had the linesman not cocked up v Twente with the Vertoghen goal and had we won both games v Utrecht ,which we would have done with a proper goalie and not a clown we would be top. The teams above us are not that great which makes things 100 times worse for us at present.

Without 6 points v Ajax Utrecht would be 2 points off bottom !
All teams have their 'if's.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Here is a question that I've posed in the past, can anyone tell me what Bergkamp's role is other than just staring listlessly at the pitch? Utrecht comes out in a defensive 4-4-2 formation and locks up their side of the midfield and we have no clue how to break it down. Here is a coach who played with several great offensive minded teams in his career at both the NT club level and he seems not to be offering anything at all. There are a lot of 'ifs and buts' to this season both in the league and the CL campaign. My bottom line is that the management of this team from the Board down to the medical staff and everything in between is terribly screwed up.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 06, 2012 9:37 am

Isn’t it strange that we are eliminated from the title by two former Ajax Coaches (R.Koeman last week, and then I.Wouters) ?
We missed so many players (Gregory van der Wiel, Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, André Ooijer, Nicolai Boilesen, Kolbeinn Sigthórsson, Derk Boerrigter) that in my opinion no conclusion can be drawn from this game.
However, it’s clear that Vermeer is responsible for the collapse, and that Ebecilio is the shadow of the player he was last season.

When we’ll look back at this season, we’ll see the impact of very unfortunate injuries, devastating elimination from the CL, and unfair refereeing in league games.

I still trust De Boer, and I feel confident that he will turn things right, but too late.

The only thing I liked was seing Richard Witschge again, among the supporters.
Appie, stay strong !

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma feb 06, 2012 10:08 am

I quote everything, Philippe
O tempora o mores

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 06, 2012 1:39 pm

And now Janssen is injuried too. 8 players from the basis 11 !

Ajax training methods in questions :
Verheijen is voetbaltrainer en schrijver van het boek Handboek Voetbalconditie. Op Twitter stelt Verheijen onder meer dat Ajax 'een hoge prijs betaalt voor hun incompetente trainingsmethodes'. 'Van de basiself zijn momenteel acht spelers geblesseerd. Dit kost Ajax miljoenen', stelt Verheijen.
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma feb 06, 2012 2:06 pm

philippe schreef:And now Janssen is injuried too. 8 players from the basis 11 !
I gave FdB too much credit in my game summary yesterday. I feel bad that Janssen is injured but this in no way changes my mind that he should never be on the pitch.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » ma feb 06, 2012 2:49 pm

That many injuries? Could easily be -yet another- reflection of the mentality at the club. Many top athletes play with and through injuries. Compare the ease with which the Ajax players fall by the wayside, for instance, to any injured player's desire to play in the World Cup final.

Ajax is history. A fine history it is.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Orange14 schreef:
philippe schreef:And now Janssen is injuried too. 8 players from the basis 11 !
I gave FdB too much credit in my game summary yesterday. I feel bad that Janssen is injured but this in no way changes my mind that he should never be on the pitch.
I think it's fair to say that we were better with Janssen than without him.
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie