Bericht door Rooie » zo mei 06, 2012 3:08 pm

10th goal of the season for Jan!!!

Orange14

Re: 06 May 2012: Vitesse - Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Amol schreef:Vertonghen gets the 3rd.

1-3!!!!!! :blub.gif:
Our crappy feed is on delay and I just saw it! :biggrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo mei 06, 2012 3:22 pm

psv going to europa league next season. lost massive financial gamble

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » zo mei 06, 2012 3:26 pm

A nice game to finish the season.

It may eventually happen that tonight scores will never play for Ajax again.

Thanks to everyone on these boards for being there all the season long. Ajax is never boring these days.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 06, 2012 3:27 pm

nice to see Ooijer and Vertonghen score goals in their last games for us. An easy win in the end . A bit of a bonus getting a steam although not as good as sopcast good to see our last game.

Nice that some of you regulars saw out the season with me .
Laatst gewijzigd door SPL op zo mei 06, 2012 3:29 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo mei 06, 2012 3:29 pm

f-word celebrating 2nd place in heerenveen. little do they know that they still won't make the CL :drecul.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Nice way to end the season even if we didn't have anything to play for. Some pretty poor defending on our part but other than the Hofs goal Vitesse really didn't come close with any of their shots. I think Anita was really missed in midfield today; Enoh is just not aware enough on the pitch to disrupt play in the midfield. 14 straight now going into the off season and there is a lot to be proud of. Nice to see our two central defenders get the final two goals of the season since our central defense has really been superb down the stretch. Cillesen may not be as good a shot blocker as Vermeer but I think he is cooler on the ball and distributes it much better. Vermeer tends to panic which leads to poor kicking. Blind still has problems defending but goes forward well; too bad the chip was cleared off the line as it would have been nice to see him score. de Jong looked quite good in the midfield today, moving around and passing well.

We'll see what the off season brings in terms of who will go (Vertonghen and Van der Wiel for sure) and whether any new players come in. I presume the club will make a move for Moisander to replace Vertonghen but don't know who else they will be looking at. Big question marks about whether Aissati and Lodeiro will be with the club next season and whether anyone will take El Hamdaoui off our hands. The youth teams all have done well this season so there are some talents coming up and we saw some of them pressed into action when injuries took their toll.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 06, 2012 3:33 pm

kezme44 schreef:psv going to europa league next season. lost massive financial gamble
...and a huge end of season collapse by FC Twente to drop from second to 6th.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo mei 06, 2012 3:57 pm

It's been a fun season guys, enjoy the summer! I guess the eredivisie kicks off a little later next season because of the Euros?

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » zo mei 06, 2012 4:02 pm

I might be the only person that thinks this but, I think we should keep Aissati and let Ebecilio go, he apart from the hat trick and another couple of goals has been a let down this year. He looks to have let the hype get to him and has not progressed at all. I know he is young but I am not sure whether he has the temperament to get better. To me he seems like he has "made it" and thinks that's it.
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo mei 06, 2012 4:05 pm

No tension watching this game as it was a bit anticlimactic, but still good to keep the winning ball rolling. Looks to be an interesting off season as far as the transfers go -- I'm sure we'll all be following the proceedings. Now on to rooting for the Oranje in the Euros.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo mei 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Flipster81 schreef:I might be the only person that thinks this but, I think we should keep Aissati and let Ebecilio go...
You are not the only person who thinks this -- to me Ebecilio is a total waste -- shoots when he should pass; passes when he should shoot; and his passes are 99% backward and sideways.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo mei 06, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm not a fan of either of them: we need a new right winger, and if Boerrigter's injury trouble is going to continue, we need a new left winger as well.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo mei 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Very proud of Ajax . Only pride, the satisfaction of a job well done, and maybe a few incentive clauses to play for and we still win by two goals. A supporter could get used to this winning stuff . Double figure goal by Jan Vertonghen and goal by Andre Ooijer were icing and cherry on top. Perfect ending to an imperfect masterpiece .

Add me to the list of supporters who would like to see Ismail Aissati and , for the right price , 9 goal Dmitri Bulykin back next season. Between Ebecilio and Ozbiliz , I prefer oft injured Aras Ozbiliz to not often as injured , but poor in my view, Lorenzo Ebecilio.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Some Russian side want Ozbiliz but agree Aissati and Bulykin should stay . I do not think either Ozbiliz or Ebecilio will make it with us . There will be quite a lot of transfer business this summer and Oranje to win the Euros.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Interesting little fact: Ajax didn't pick up a single yellow or red card in the last eight games of the season. No cards in more than 720 minutes of football; the last time that happened in the Dutch league was more than 20 years ago.

There you have it: fourteen wins in a row and a record-breaking period of 'fair play'. Something to be proud of. Well done, Ajax.

K.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Interesting little fact: Ajax didn't pick up a single yellow or red card in the last eight games of the season. No cards in more than 720 minutes of football; the last time that happened in the Dutch league was more than 20 years ago.

There you have it: fourteen wins in a row and a record-breaking period of 'fair play'. Something to be proud of. Well done, Ajax.

K.
Wow, you are right! Next records up to deal with 22 league wins in a row held by PSV and 28 wins in a row in all Euro Leagues by Dinamo Zagreb. Let's set the bar high for next season!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di mei 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Tom_ schreef:I'm not a fan of either of them: we need a new right winger, and if Boerrigter's injury trouble is going to continue, we need a new left winger as well.
I'm not that concerned about the right wing situation -- Ozbiliz, in the last game he played before he got injured, looked really good. And Lukoki's speed and mazy runs drove the opposition crazy in the one game he came on as a sub -- what he lacks -- as shown in the following game where he started -- is that he doesn't know what to do with the ball after he beats his defender and is free and clear. But that can be taught and can come with experience. Left wing does represent a problem -- Ozbiliz is pretty mediocre when he plays on the left side, and Ebecilio isn't the answer to anything.

Plaats reactie