24 Feb 2013: Ajax - ADO Den Haag

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Re: 24 Feb 2013: Ajax - ADO Den Haag

Bericht door Dubbel » zo feb 24, 2013 5:48 pm

King Litti schreef:Fu*k, we never seem to get a late winner. PSV gave us a chance to really get back in the race. How many chances do you think they will still give us? Not many.
Actually this is all we needed. We win our last 10 matches and we're champions. No matter what the rest does. We prolly won't but that's another story.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Dubbel schreef:
King Litti schreef:Fu*k, we never seem to get a late winner. PSV gave us a chance to really get back in the race. How many chances do you think they will still give us? Not many.
Actually this is all we needed. We win our last 10 matches and we're champions. No matter what the rest does. We prolly won't but that's another story.
The match announcer for the US feed said that we have more points right now than we did at the same point last season and we know what happened back then. of course we had a true captain to rally the troops! Being the eternal optimist, I think our 10 game winning streak (I don't count the cup tie) begins next Saturday in Enschede! :blub.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 24, 2013 7:16 pm

We did not get the luck today but then again you do create your own .Roda the other week parked 11 behind the ball and were very hard to break down but you could not say the same about ADO as we did get through them but just could not get the ball over the line,ok we actually did 3 times and 2 were not allowed.

I still think we may finish 2nd this season as we are dropping far too many points since the winter break and we do not have as strong a squad as last season.I do think Siggy is still trying to get back to match fitness after that long time out and Cuenca is settling down , he nearly won it today with that late shot . The only other player who can come into the squad and make any difference would be Babel if he ever gets fit , he has actually played in 9 league games of which he played a full game in only 3 of them.At best he may come in for the last 6 or 7 games . Midfield there is no one else to bring in and Serero does not impress me much and defence there are just kids as standby . Still think one or 2 key injuries may make a difference due to our fairly small squad.

The only positive thing is that after this week we only play one game a week

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm

SPL schreef: The only positive thing is that after this week we only play one game a week
Agree fully with this point!! As much as I was disgusted with the defense first approach to the Steaua match, it's a blessing that we lost (clearly the added 30 minutes took something out of the club).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma feb 25, 2013 7:14 am

Orange14 schreef:
SPL schreef: The only positive thing is that after this week we only play one game a week
Agree fully with this point!! As much as I was disgusted with the defense first approach to the Steaua match, it's a blessing that we lost (clearly the added 30 minutes took something out of the club).
Exactly. I'd much rather we just win the Eredivisie every year than worry about doing well in Europe. We'll never be able to have a big enough squad for both competitions.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Bloody stupid referee. Anyway, I miss Babel. Badly.
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Babel starts training with the squad in 2 weeks so wont be playing before the end of March.

Plaats reactie