25 Sep 2013: Ajax - FC Volendam

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: 25 Sep 2013: Ajax - FC Volendam

Bericht door SPL » wo sep 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Well we got there in the end but my nice clear stream packed up on 108 mins .I found a Russian one saw the 3rd goal and then that died about 5 mins from the end so I missed the 4th . Not agreat performance but at least we won.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo sep 25, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm sure Cruijff and the others who were in the Arena today enjoyed this one! Horrible second half of football let an inferior team back in the game. Last 15 minutes of extra time showed some very promising football and indicated some interesting thoughts for the future. de Sa was my MOTM for Ajax. I counted five really nice crosses from the right wing into the box which is about four more than we have seen all season long. Other players were quite predictable. Short rest before taking on Marc Overmars's old club Go Ahead Eagles on Saturday.

Player Ratings (with great trepidation given how poor the team played)

Cillessen (6.5) - decent enough and did the right thing on some crosses into the box; really smart play on the break away in the second half coming out strong to block the ball away
Blind (5.5) - beaten rather badly on at least three occasions; played two players on side but recovered to block the ball away
Moisander (6) - OK match from him, went forward but the final pass was often way too soft
van der Hoorn (5.5) - one really bad play that resulted in the first goal when he got caught upfield
Ligeon (5.5) - better going forward than defending
Duarte (4.5) - some very poor play and gave the ball away too easily
de Jong (4) - disappeared for great parts of the game and couldn't put the ball away on a nice cross from da Sa
Serero (4) - did little before coming off because of an injured shoulder
Andersen (5.5) - got a goal but that was about it
Hoesen (5.5) - seemed in and out of the game, got the go ahead goal but was often dispossessed but that was often the result of soft passes in to him
Schöne (6) - only because of the free kick and final goal does he get a point above average; should have finished his open chance on goal
Poulsen (6) - worked really hard coming in for Serero and played more forward than we've seen this year
de Sa (6.5) - showed why he should be considered for first team football, good crosses and maintained width
Fischer (6) - even though on for a short time played much better than in the last several matches, had the smarts to let the ball go past to Schöne for the final goal; maybe he should be playing instead of de Jong (not maybe, he should!)

A league match followed by Milan at home in the CL. This team is going to have to stay mentally focused in every match this season. They have no margin for error regardless of the strength of the opponent.

On Saturday I would like to see Fischer in for de Jong and de Sa on the right with Bojan in the middle with Andersen on the left. Let's get some real attackers who can move the ball around!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do sep 26, 2013 8:23 am

Stick together and go through. Given the circumstances they did all right.
Appie, stay strong !

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do sep 26, 2013 9:05 am

Nice to see them turning a 1-2 score in to a 4-2 win. Hope this will be a boost.

[/quote]On Saturday I would like to see Fischer in for de Jong and de Sa on the right with Bojan in the middle with Andersen on the left. Let's get some real attackers who can move the ball around![/quote]

Sounds interesting. Fischer was good coming in. He would certainly bring more speed if he would replace de Jong. Fischer has started to play more unselfishly. It would be interesting to see him try a kind of a number 10 position. I would be suprised if we wouldn't see more of de Sa. He is what we hoped Lukoki could develop in to (stronger, better vision of the game and qualty crosses).

Siggy and de Jong are such high profile players in FdBs book (and de Jong is the captain) that I wonder would he make such a bold decision to leave both of them on the bench. I'm guessing that Siggy and even de Jong might start on saturday, but at some point after some subs we might see a formation close to the one Orange 14 was hoping for.
"We're on a mission from God."

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do sep 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Cruijff schreef: For sure the F-side and Vak 410 will find an impressive way of honouring Gerrie Mühren! :biggthumpup.gif:
I see Robert Mühren scored both goals for the Volendam. Is he any relative to Gerrie Mühren???

zeux

Bericht door zeux » do sep 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Van basten schreef:
Cruijff schreef: For sure the F-side and Vak 410 will find an impressive way of honouring Gerrie Mühren! :biggthumpup.gif:
I see Robert Mühren scored both goals for the Volendam. Is he any relative to Gerrie Mühren???
Nephew.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do sep 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Zeux schreef:
Van basten schreef:
Nephew.
Nice.

Plaats reactie