22 Dec 2012: Roda JC - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: 22 Dec 2012: Roda JC - Ajax

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Ajax do youth better than anybody,1-0 down who would stick on a 17 year old youth team defender.!! Ajax of course.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo dec 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Is Riedewald left footed? If so we can use him as a left back

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo dec 22, 2013 3:12 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Decided to wait an hour or so to see if I was in a drunken stupor!! No, it's real! A totally inept performance from Ajax....felt REALLY angry...all this "if you have possession, the opposition can't score! bollocks!! What's the use of that if you're one down? :confused.gif:
As far as the January "window" is concerned, FDB had better look for a striker!! The 2?? we have are absolute crap...couldn't hold the ball up to save their lives!!! :eusa_naughty.gif:
As far as the first substitution was concerned, why take off Fischer when he was the only forward getting into space!! Siggy--Hoesen...too much of a muchness...CRAP!!! :dissapprove.gif:
They're lucky to be top going into the Christmas Break....let's hope that some good comes out of this break 'cos at the moment, Ajax are shaking!!! :rocketwhore.gif:

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Ayman schreef:Is Riedewald left footed? If so we can use him as a left back
Didn't he come on as a left back today and also in the cup match????
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 22, 2013 3:32 pm

SaddlerIan schreef: As far as the first substitution was concerned, why take off Fischer when he was the only forward getting into space!! Siggy--Hoesen...too much of a muchness...CRAP!!! :dissapprove.gif:
Completely agree with you about Fischer, he's the only one on the forward line that can beat a defender and looks to get into space. Sure he's a little too wild with his shots but otherwise he's a solid player. Schöne was having a much weaker game today and Bojan just cannot play out on the wing, he's always looking to move into the center and at least a couple of times was over on the right with Schöne with the result we had nobody at the left post for a cross.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » zo dec 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Think we had a decent run before the Milan game when we found the right guys for midfield (Klaassen, Blind and Serero (well Serero has been so and so). After the huge disappointment in Milan the level of our game has dropped a bit. I'm sure that mentally the Milan game was a big blow for our young team. Even though we won the last three games since (Cambuur, IJsselmeervogels and Roda) we haven't really impressed. Still, the fact that we were able to find the winner in added time in two league games in a row says a lot of the great persistence that we have. Wins like this are great for our morale and team spirit, but I think the break came in a good time as our focus was slipping a bit and some of our guys like Siggy really are not playing at their best level right now.
"We're on a mission from God."

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo dec 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Jairo Riedewald . Two goal hero !!! As many times as I imagined how this match would go , I never could've imagined this headline in a thousand years. Well done young man !!! Well done Ajax !!! Not always pretty, but the hard fought one goal wins sure speak of character . Hope everyone heals up and they hit the ground running in January . A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to us all !!!! Winter Champions !!!!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo dec 22, 2013 4:52 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Decided to wait an hour or so to see if I was in a drunken stupor!! No, it's real! A totally inept performance from Ajax....felt REALLY angry...all this "if you have possession, the opposition can't score! bollocks!! What's the use of that if you're one down? :confused.gif:
As far as the January "window" is concerned, FDB had better look for a striker!! The 2?? we have are absolute crap...couldn't hold the ball up to save their lives!!! :eusa_naughty.gif:
As far as the first substitution was concerned, why take off Fischer when he was the only forward getting into space!! Siggy--Hoesen...too much of a muchness...CRAP!!! :dissapprove.gif:
They're lucky to be top going into the Christmas Break....let's hope that some good comes out of this break 'cos at the moment, Ajax are shaking!!! :rocketwhore.gif:

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Take a deep breath. It seems like you are even more disappointed now than those years when we were finishing third and fourth in the eredivisie!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo dec 22, 2013 5:48 pm

I think Fischer's been next to useless this season. He neglects to pass, runs into trouble and gives the ball away. But that's just, like, my opinion man ;)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Someone asked if Riedewald is left footed ,yes he is. Plays regularly this season at DM for A1 youths, both games recently for Jong Ajax were at CD and he has played at LB in the youths. The DM role may be the one he concentrates on but its early days.

Agree with Saddler Ian about possession football, its ok the opposition cannot score but when you are 1-0 down I would have thought you should get the ball in their area. We saw alot of sideways passing in our half with the time ticking by in the 2nd half.

We need to sell Siggy as he is too slow and is not an Ajax type striker. Bojan and Siem can play in that role and I quess we may give Hoesen a few more chances . We need a right winger and yesterday Hupperts of Roda was mentioned but he did not impress today.

We should be lucky that in Europe they have winter breaks as our young side needs a break now.

I am still pinching myself that we won today and a 17 year old defensive player from our youth team scored twice.

Happy Christmas to you all

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 23, 2013 4:23 pm

The kid never scores, not even in the youths! :drecul.gif:

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Great point Ko.Think they are his first goals of the season.I think he scored 1 goal last season for the B1 youths.Doesn't seem to have ever scored for the A1's where he has mainly played since January of this year!

Both were real strikers goals in the box,not bad indeed.Highlight of our league season so far for me.Beating Barca probably No 1 highlight overall.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma dec 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Tom_ schreef:I think Fischer's been next to useless this season. He neglects to pass, runs into trouble and gives the ball away. But that's just, like, my opinion man ;)
That's mine too. :biggthumpup.gif:
Yesterday again he was more of a threat for his own defense than for the Roda defense. The way he loses the ball so foolishly sometimes... :excited.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma dec 23, 2013 6:12 pm

I go along with both of you -- I also have a higher opinion of Hoesen than many of those who have posted on here. Yes, he makes mistakes with his dribbling and runs, but he is a young kid that needs some more experience to do better at that. On the other hand, he is the only forward we have (and have had for a while) that is strong enough to play with his back to goal and not get muscled off the ball by the opposition -- and in recent games has used that to set up goals with his layoffs.

Everyone had praise for Riedewald's goal scoring, and deservedly so, but the first goal that he scored was only possible because Hoesen -- on the end line with his back to the goal area -- held off at least two Roda defenders who were trying to manhandle him off of the ball, managed to turn and put the ball across the face of the goal for Riedewald to put in from 1 yard out. Without his contribution we wouldn't have gotten that first goal and who knows what the game would have ended at.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 23, 2013 7:01 pm

Agree rjf ,saw the goals a few times earlier and Hoesen must get the praise for setting up the first.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma dec 23, 2013 8:56 pm

I like Hoesen too and I don't think CF is our biggest problem, but he was trying to shoot and it deflected off the defender into Riedewald's path. It may have gone in anyway but he wasn't trying to pass it.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di dec 24, 2013 6:13 am

Whether he was trying to shoot or trying to pass is immaterial, imo. The point I was making was that it was his ability to fend off the Roda defenders, keep control of the ball, turn, and put it toward the goal area that led to the goal.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di dec 24, 2013 8:55 am

Yep, agreed

Plaats reactie