12 SEP FC Twente - Ajax Match Day Five

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

12 SEP FC Twente - Ajax Match Day Five

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Club returns to action after the international break with an away match in Enschede. FC Twente are in poor shape as a result of being punished for financial irregularities and have only one point from their first four matches. Ajax need to continue to work on the midfield handling speed and attack. I see our Polish striker hit the back of the net several times during their NT matches; let's see him translate this to Ajax goals!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Re: 12 SEP FC Twente - Ajax Match Day Five

Bericht door Orange14 » vr sep 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Dijks is back in training but will not be on the squad for tomorrow's match, van der Hoorn is in the selection. FdB had strong words for Boilesen and said he would not play for Ajax and must spend six months training at the Toekmost.

Selectie Ajax:electie Ajax Nieuws Ajax1.nl

Jasper Cillessen
Ricardo van Rhijn
Joël Veltman
Mike van der Hoorn
John Heitinga
Riechedly Bazoer
Viktor Fischer
Daley Sinkgraven
Arek Milik
Davy Klaassen
Yaya Sanogo
Lasse Schöne
Anwar El Ghazi
Jairo Riedewald
Kenny Tete
Nick Viergever
Nemanja Gudelj
Diederik Boer
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr sep 11, 2015 9:46 pm

Must win game.

If we beat FC Twente in their own Grolsch Veste stadium we knock down all their ambitions for this season. At the same time it will be a very clear message to p$v and F word: you will not catch us anymore this season.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » za sep 12, 2015 2:29 am

Well after the debacle of the Dutch NT last week I'm really looking forward to this one.
I think Twente have already been knocked down. Kinda sad but deserved I guess.

This match would seem like a good time to rest the Ajax players who we're on NT duty. There is a Europa match this coming Thursday and a away match next weekend on Sunday. It's a long season and FdB might take advantage of it.
Would be great to see vd Hoorn get some time and also if Sanago can help out in Twente's misery.
Schone for Klaassen I think would good idea, and maybe a permanent one. These guys need to get some minutes.

Glad to see that Dijks should be able to re-join the 1st team soon!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za sep 12, 2015 10:22 am

Dave the mac schreef:This match would seem like a good time to rest the Ajax players who we're on NT duty. There is a Europa match this coming Thursday and a away match next weekend on Sunday. It's a long season and FdB might take advantage of it.
Would be great to see vd Hoorn get some time and also if Sanago can help out in Twente's misery.
Good thinking, but there is a slightly problem with this: both Sanogo (sa NO Goal) and Van der Hoorn can't play football. So it feels like a nice entrance for every 17 year old that comes from our academy into our first squad and directly notices that he's much better than these two guys with experience, but unfortunately they are useless for Ajax 1.
Dave the mac schreef:Glad to see that Dijks should be able to re-join the 1st team soon!
Yes, Dijks is the only one who should be rested so on Thursday he will play against Celtic.

From all the other guys we can expect that in this early stage of the season they should be able to beat Twente and Celtic within 5 days.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 3:45 pm

sky list this on red button at sky 3 so hope thats right. Spoilt in uk .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Good ,its on red button,will join you finding a stream for europa cup though.

Viegever atCD and Riedewald at LB with Sinkgraven up front.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Dreadful defending by Ajax for that goal.Viegever actually LB is very poor,one more poor tackle and he will be off

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za sep 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Wow, Milik is an awful footballer. Another inexplicable purchase... I would rather €1M worth of perogi!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Gudelj falls asleep on a corner letting his man score a training ground goal. Only good play was in the final five minutes when Sinkgraven dropped deep and orchestrated some nice passing. He really has to be playing in the midfield; when will FdB get the message. Twente are dropping everyone back behind the ball now that they have the lead. I don't have a good feeling about this one.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Back to utter rubbish by us .No chances with only one player who you could call an attacker El Ghazi. midfield no creativity and a moderate defence.

If we get draw out of this its more than we deserve based on that 1st half.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Tom_ schreef:Wow, Milik is an awful footballer. Another inexplicable purchase... I would rather €1M worth of perogi!
Except he is scoring lots of goals for Poland! there is something about putting on an Ajax shirt that reduces players' abilities.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Sinkgraven should be in midfield with a proper left winger.Younes is unfit and Fischer is not a real winger Cerny should be playing.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za sep 12, 2015 7:42 pm

He was our top scorer last season too but I still think he's crap! Oh well. Only consolation is that Twente are crap too so we would usually be able to get a chance or two in the second half.

Edit: they just had a "bad Ajax" compilation at ht and I think Milik was in there giving the ball away 3–4 times ;)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Just seen the goal again ,schoolboy defending.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Gudelj should be taken off,caused 2 goals.Game over now.Our defensive play is utter rubbish. Viegever should be
nowhere near our first team.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za sep 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Gudelj didn't look great on either of their goals

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 8:06 pm

Thats better lovely goal by Fischer

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za sep 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Nice, a goal like that should count as two!!!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za sep 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Whoa, that was a horrible dive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 8:23 pm

well taken pen by Gudelj .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 8:40 pm

We woke up in the last half hour and might have got a winner but Sanogo went down far too easy for the pen.

I quess I cannot complain about a draw.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za sep 12, 2015 8:41 pm

We deserved victory today. A couple mistakes (and some from the ref) cost us 2 points. This year and I believe it's because of the youngsters in the team, we seem to have a fighting spirit. I like that!

Plus maybe it's time we gave Sanogo a starting spot and move Sinkgraven to the midfield. I like Bazoer but he's way too selfish and sometimes acts recklessly
May the Force be with you

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za sep 12, 2015 8:45 pm

At least Sanogo can challenge for and control the long balls, which is more than you can say for Milik.

We woke up in the last 25 and made Twente sweat for sure. I guess it will take more than one game to climb out of our rut...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 12, 2015 8:54 pm

A gift draw following two bad plays by Gudelj who actually had a pretty OK match aside from the errors. The club finally came alive pressing all over the field after going down 2-0 but facing a very weak side with an inexperienced keeper should have done much better. I hope Fischer is getting into shape to play 90 minutes as we cannot have Sinkgraven playing on the wing for long stretches of matches, he poses no threat.

Player Ratings:

Cillessen (6.5) - made one good save and kept his ignominious record of never saving a penalty intact
Riedewald (6.5) - good defensively and came off late with some hamstring issue
Viergever (5) - average and no better
Veltman (7) - some very nice interventions and was not beaten by any opponent
Tete (7) - another very good match and he went forward with purpose in a match when he needed to
Gudelj (4.5) - conceded two goals but was cool in converting the PK, really needs to be consistently good rather than bad and good
Bazoer (7) - great cross to Fischer and played a dominating midfield
Klaassen (6) - all over the field in multiple positions but could not impact the match
Sinkgraven (5) - some good touches when he dropped back but otherwise a non-factor
Milik (4.5) - woeful for most of the time he was on the pitch
el Ghazi (5.5) - continues to try to force too much rather than looking up and seeing what other opportunities are available
Fischer (6) - great strike for the goal and maybe this will put him back in the starting lineup
Sanogo (6) - less clumsy in this match though the penalty was probably a gift judging by the replay
van Rhijn (NR) - on late for Riedewald

Lots of matches coming up quickly. Celtic in Europa League on Thursday, Excelsior next weekend, cup match against Grafschaap in the next mid-week and then Groningen. We'll see what this team is made of pretty quickly. Looks like PSV are cruising to a win agains Cambuur tonight.

Plaats reactie