04 OCT 2015 Ajax - PSV Match Day 8

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

zeux

Re: 04 OCT 2015 Ajax - PSV Match Day 8

Bericht door zeux » zo okt 04, 2015 7:26 pm

SPL schreef:I would like Rijkaard to come back and take over.
He was in the stands today! :-)
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo okt 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Agree with the comments. With this squad, the best manager in the world may not be able to save Ajax from a 3rd place finish and keep us in Europe past the winter stop... But it would be nice to see them try to play less boring football!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Rijkaard was indeed watching in the stands.He has said he is retired from coaching and I guess after his success at Barca everything else does not compare but this is his club and he came back as a player so why not now as a coach.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 04, 2015 8:35 pm

The Mirror in the UK has FdB as the third choice behind Klopp and Ancelotti to manage Liverpool. Fingers crossed that they pick him.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo okt 04, 2015 10:09 pm

So we all want FdB out immediately.

Who will/should replace him? And what do we expect from him?
May the Force be with you

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo okt 04, 2015 11:25 pm

The squad is weak so even the best manager in the world, if such a thing exists, would not have us top of Europe in 18 months. But we could at least play some more interesting football. It's meant to be entertainment, right?

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 05, 2015 8:37 am

Simply embarrassing. Never seen such an atmosphere at the Arena since the Wouters days ...

Afbeelding
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op ma okt 05, 2015 11:49 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 05, 2015 8:39 am

Tom_ schreef:The squad is weak
Disagreee. It's just that some of our best players are on the bench.
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Well looks like Frank wont go to Liverpool and he would have to be mad to go to Newcastle when they sack their manager.Looks like we will have to keep him a bit longer.

On our policy of not spending big on transfers Guadardo and Luuk de Jong would have fitted our budget and one of the best players in Holland at present Ziyech surely would have been a great buy.

Scouting seems a big problem when you look at some of the poor players signed.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 05, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm not sure whether it is the scouting or just poor managing in terms of players out of position and getting the tactics all wrong. Sinkgraven is a talent though still a bit too young for first team football; this was a crisis buy last season. He is certainly not a winger which is where FdB tried to force him (the same way he tried to get Andersen to play on the left wing last season!). Gudelj is a box to box MF and we don't use him that way; I'm pretty sure he starts for the Serbian NT and his work at AZ was pretty good. If I am reading the formation correctly, we are playing more of a double pivot 4-2-1-3 with both Bazoer and Gudelj lying back and Klaassen advanced as a #10. Bazoer seems to have license to go forward more than Gudelj.

The one transfer that can really be questioned is Zivkovic who has yet to score for WIllem II and has only started four matches for them.

I know de Boer is not up to the task of managing and probably Overmars is in over his head as well.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » ma okt 05, 2015 5:16 pm

A few comments from the Cali coast… #1, nobody mentioned it, but I thought Ajax started well. Not a judgment on the tactics, but the players looked well up for it for the first 15-20 minutes. After that, it was dreadful and negative. #2, I think Bas Nijhuis let a couple of reckless tackles go which contributed to the increasingly aggressive nature of the game. But I did enjoy his (correct) booking of the Mexican player for not handing him the ball before a restart. Don't be a dick to the referee. :-D. #3, aren't we still in first place? Not so glum, chums. :ajaxscarf.gif:
Mark it 8, Dude.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » do okt 08, 2015 12:11 am

I have to agree with my West Coast mate, the former ajaxusa maestro Jimbo, that it's way to early to be thinking of a coaching change. I'm not always 100% behind FdB but for the most part he does a good job. Some harsh comments made, perhaps in the heat of the moment. Jim also correctly points out that Ajax is still in 1st place, if only by goal difference. Let's not panic...yet. It's a young team and playing a tough Thursday match did not help. Several of the players tired in the 2nd half. That's my only real complaint about FdB, besides the wardrobe, is that he doesn't utilize some very good bench players.
It's a long season and guys like vd Hoorn, Sinkgraven, Viergever, maybe even van Rhijn, but especially Schone deserve to play some games. It would keep them happy and the starters fresh. And a little competition for spots might be beneficial as well.
PSV played well, sort of a lucky 1st goal, and a shot off the post by Fischer that could of gone in and all would have been well. That's football. Still 1st place!!

Plaats reactie