15 MAY 2022; Vitesse - Ajax; Match Day 34

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

15 MAY 2022; Vitesse - Ajax; Match Day 34

Bericht door Orange14 » do mei 12, 2022 12:50 pm

Let's not forget that the final match of the season is this Sunday. Ajax, already champions, travel to Arnehm to play Vitesse. Vitesse are in sixth place but could be pipped by Utrecht who are three points behind but have a better goal difference. Utrecht are away to Willem II who badly need a win to possibly escape relegation. I suspect EtH sends out a strong lineup but may liberally sub players in depending on the score. I would like to see Jay Gorter get a match in goal but that likely won't happen.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Re: 15 MAY 2022; Vitesse - Ajax; Match Day 34

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 15, 2022 12:33 pm

EtH is sending out an interesting team against Vitesse. Jay Gorter gets his first team debut in goal. Here is how they will lineup: Gorter; Tagliafico, Blind, Rensch, Reeger; Alvarez, Taylor, Berghuis, Tadic; Haller, Brobbey in a 4-4-2 set up.

Substitutes: Tyton, Stekelenburg, Llansana, Van Gelderen, Musampa, Salah-Eddine, Kudus, Klaassen, Daramy, Ihattaren. Timber is given the day off.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 15, 2022 1:05 pm

With 10 subs thought Unuvar should be there. Musampa is leaving so a bit odd he is included.Hope we see Ihatteren in action.

Rensch playing CD is his proper position so will be interesting to see . Hope for a win but this is now a meaningless game.After Weds and Heerenveen where we actually played football worthy of Ajax this game will be an anti climax.4-4-2 is not worthy of Ajax glad ETH is finishing today

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo mei 15, 2022 2:01 pm

Missed the goal while my stream was struggling.

Think he just threw together the players who were fit, can’t see Rensch playing otherwise tbh.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 15, 2022 2:18 pm

Rensch has been awful, just not in the game at all. Alvarez has received more balls in the MF than in the past 10 games total, probably because this is a meaningless game but he has done a good job passing. Tadic pass on the goal was sublime. Haller, again, is wasted out on the wing.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 15, 2022 2:21 pm

Agree,Rensch is dreadful and 4-4-2 with 2 strikers is anti Ajax football. Haller a waste of time .Put Ihatteren and Daramy on.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo mei 15, 2022 2:23 pm

I can’t see Rensch making it at Ajax unless he gets a lot better with the ball at his feet. Maybe he’ll go on loan next season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 15, 2022 3:33 pm

Truly awful game of football. Gorter cannot be faulted with the goals but the defence did not turn up.Apart from Brobbey,who worked hard ,the rest were poor to dreadful. My stream decided to go off at 85 mins and when I got it back i missed Alvarez goal.

We will need to buy a few defenders as Mazraoui,Tagliafico and even Schuurs will go.Rensch is poor ,Reeger not good enough yet.Martinez and Timber need to stay.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 15, 2022 3:37 pm

Ajax played some decent football in the first half but defensively fell apart in the second. Some players were sleepwalking through the match that while meaningless was still an opportunity to show they had the right stuff. Ajax had three shots off the crossbar and the late header from Alvarez let them escape Arnehm with a point. The 4-4-2 was a disaster with strikers out too wide and poor tracking back on defense.

Player Ratings:

Gorter (6) - made two good saves and was undone by his defenders on the two goals; hard to tell if he has the goods
Tagliafico (6) - decent enough in what is likely his last match in an Ajax shirt
Blind (6) - OK match but was forced to cover for Rensch on several occasions
Rensch (3.5) -given a chance to prove something but what he showed was not good
Reeger (5.5) - pretty much of a non-entity on the pitch, don't know if he has the speed to be a RB
Alvarez (7) - other than the YC early in the first half, he was probably the best player on the pitch
Berghuis (6.5) - had some very good moments including a great shot that hit the crossbar
Taylor (5.5) - not very good on the ball today
Tadic (6.5) - great pass on the Brobbey goal and had a good shot late in the second half that hit the bar
Brobbey (6.5) - lots of good movement and created some openings
Haller (5) - again, totally wasted on the wing
Klaassen (5.5) - mildly above average
Salah-Edine (5) - on for Tagliafico but can't assess whether he is good enough
Kudus (4.5) - disappointing on the ball as he had a couple of chances to create something and just lost possession
van Gelderen (NR) - on late and had a header go high
Daramy (NR) - on late but was quite lively with some good ball movement

Congrats on the Championship and I wish EtH well on his move to ManU.

Plaats reactie