O5 FEB 2023; Cambuur - Ajax; Match Day 20

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

O5 FEB 2023; Cambuur - Ajax; Match Day 20

Bericht door Orange14 » wo feb 01, 2023 6:33 pm

Hot on a one game winning streak, Ajax face a busy February with seven matches slated. Cambuur are up this weekend followed by a mid-week Beker tie with Twente and also on tap the Europa League pairing with Union Berlin who are 2nd in the Bundesliga. Let's hope Heitinga can align all the domino tiles!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: O5 FEB 2023; Cambuur - Ajax; Match Day 20

Bericht door SPL » do feb 02, 2023 1:37 pm

I actually have faith in Heitinga and that he will turn things around. Winning on Sunday was a hugh boost to confidence and I now think we will these games against lower sides.

We do have a small squad, as I have said its only 18 not counting Fitz-Jim and Regeer, the only 2 Young Ajax lads likely to get playing time at present. I am sure on Sunday, when Rensch was down and looked like coming off that Regeer was warming up,no sight of Sanchez who is rubbish.

We cannot afford any long term injuries especially to Timber and Alvarez, as the rest of the defenders are not good enough.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za feb 04, 2023 10:50 pm

az dropped points today and psv and/or fword will also drop points tomorrow so we could go second place with a win. been a super weird season but it’s all still to play for

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 05, 2023 12:07 pm

Looks like the same starting line up as last week. Really should be an easy win today.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo feb 05, 2023 1:06 pm

2-0 up at halftime. Ajax is playing with a lot of energy and clever combinations. So far, so good!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 05, 2023 1:12 pm

Two glitches on defense near the end of the half but otherwise smooth sailing. Would like to see Fitz-Jim come on at #6 as he will add more passing quickness than Taylor.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo feb 05, 2023 2:14 pm

Finally, a clean sheet. No real opposition today but I thought Ajax did do a good job getting the ball back high up the pitch and keeping the pressure on.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 05, 2023 2:22 pm

Ok a poor opposition but the confidence is back , they are smiling and as we saw at the end Ajax kids coming on . I do feel we have turned the corner a coach with Ajax DNA .

Some well taken goals and surely Bergwijn will get on the scoresheet very soon.

Now a draw or even a PSV win so we can be only 2 or 3 points behind Feyenoord tonight.

PS going out for a cycle ride now and it will be more enjoyable today , sun is shining and so are my beautiful Ajax.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 05, 2023 2:26 pm

A solid win against an over matched Cambuur side. A couple of errors on defense but they did not lead to any goals and Cambuur only had one real shot on goal. Offense was very good today patiently unlocking the back five in the first half. Once Ajax went up 0-2, things were pretty much over but three more goals added to the festivities. The players look much more relaxed under Heitinga which is good to see. Hato got his eredivisie debut at age 16. Reeger and Fitz-Jim from Jong Ajax also saw action today. Let's hope the progress continues as the league looks to be very tight among the top five clubs.

Player Ratings:

Rulli (6) - only had one tough save to make and was cool on the ball in terms of distribution, very few long kicks needed in this game
Rensch (6) - decent enough in the game
Alvarez (6.5) - two problems on defense where he was too close to the player with the ball and he didn't make the intervention but otherwise OK
Timber (6.5) - decent game and had little defending to do
Wijndal (6) - more of the attacking went down the right side today
Taylor (6.5) - much better today than in past games
Berghuis (7.5) - outstanding match with two nice goals
Davy One Goal (6) - very good assist but just average otherwise
Kudus (7) - all those wasted matches at striker, better on the wing or in the MF
Tadic (7) - another good game at striker
Bergwijn (6.5) - forced two really good saves from the Cambuur keeper
Brobbey (6.5) - two good goals and just might be the golden boot winner in the Eredivisie if he keeps this up
Hato (6) - wasn't involved much but good to see an academy debut
Reeger (NR) - on late
Conceicao (NR ) - on late
Fitz-Jim (NR) - on late

Beker match with FC Twente in Enschede on Thursday then RKC Waalwijk on the weekend.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo feb 05, 2023 2:28 pm

I’d also be happiest with a draw.

Watching Kudus play from the last couple of games, it’s honestly beyond me how Schreuder left him on the bench for almost half a season. I just don’t get it…

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 05, 2023 2:37 pm

Dont really want PSV to win ,just means we would only be 2 points off top.

Agree about Kudus, playing these last 2 games is real quality.Schreuder really was a clueless waste of space.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di feb 07, 2023 5:11 am

Tom_ schreef:
zo feb 05, 2023 2:28 pm
I’d also be happiest with a draw.

Watching Kudus play from the last couple of games, it’s honestly beyond me how Schreuder left him on the bench for almost half a season. I just don’t get it…
He kept playing Kudus at CF. When the whole world could see that he wasn't great at receiving balls and laying them off. Schreuder never tried him at #10 or #7.

Quite bizarre when people have such great belief in their own decisions that they aren't willing to accept blame and make changes.

Plaats reactie