05 APR 2023; Feyenoord - Ajax; Beker Semifinal

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

05 APR 2023; Feyenoord - Ajax; Beker Semifinal

Bericht door Orange14 » di mar 28, 2023 7:14 pm

Ajax get another shot at Feyenoord to see if they can break through with a win this season in the Cup. Of course no away supporters will be in attendance in this match.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 05 APR 2023; Feyenoord - Ajax; Beker Semifinal

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 05, 2023 6:52 pm

Will try and get a stream as Mola tv only has league rights.

Bergwijn is fit and replaces Brobbey . Of the 8 signings from last summer 6 are on the bench and Sanchez would be if Rensch was fit.Sums up what a bunch of rubbish signings we have made. (Kaplan the 9th is injured so could turn out the only good signing !!)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 05, 2023 8:06 pm

Decent performance up until their goal.Where was our defence ,Sanchez just seemed to be standing watching the ball.

I have so far got a good stream so fingers crossed for 2nd half.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 05, 2023 8:38 pm

What a travesty this match is. The game should be called and forfeited to Ajax. The Dutch FA just cannot allow this kind of stuff to go own. Someone will get hurt worse than Klaassen did. I can't believe Trauner did not get at least one YC for mugging Tadich when Timber gets a quick one for standing his ground. Just horrible.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 05, 2023 9:46 pm

Did not bother to find a stream after the stoppage .Ajax should have refused to go back on ,not a football game. So we play PSV 2 weekends in a row

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 05, 2023 10:05 pm

The Ajax players gave it their all and held on with a late RC to Taylor for a really stupid tackle to win 1-2. this was one of the worst officiated matches that I've seen in some time. Only in the last 10 minutes were appropriate YCs given out. I don't know why the Dutch FA did not postpone to finish because of hooligan action that started with fireworks in the first few minutes and then Klaassen got hit with a projectile. The teams left the pitch and after about 20 minutes a Feyenoord club rep just came out to tell supporters to stop it. What a JOKE. Anyway they have made it to the finals but lots of YCs in this match and I think several players will now miss the final along with Taylor. We'll see what the club is made of when the play PSV.

Interesting tactic by Heitinga who realized that playing out from the back was not working. Rulli was kicking everything down field . It worked. Curious that Feyenoord had six substitutions; I wonder if the Beker is different from the normal five allowed in league games.

Player Ratings:

Rulli (7) - kicking was not elegant but it got the job done
Sanchez (6.5) - worked hard all match and was more than decent
Timber (7) - picked up an early YC on a questionable call as it looked like he was standing his ground; Trauner mugged Tadic several times with far worse force and was not carded
Alvarez (6.5) - had a really good game but gets a deduction for two really poor passes that put the team in danger
Baas (6) -still a work in progress but he worked hard and had some good overlaps
Taylor (5.5) - two reckless challenges marred an otherwise good game; no question on the sending off
Berguhis (5.5) - largely silent
Davy One Goal (6.5) - worked very hard and came up with the match winner and had to go off with a head injury
Kudus (6) - had a couple of good chances with the ball but was never a threat; don't know the extent of his leg injury
Tadic (7) - got mugged all game long, got the first goal and had a shot blocked that fell to Klaassen who put it in
Bergwijn (7) - had a very good all around game, tracking back to help out the defense
Conceicao (6) - in for Kudus and was lively with a couple of steals and generally making a nuisance to Feyenoord
Brobbey (5.5) - on for Klaassen and worked hard
Hato (5.5) - had one poor pass but didn't wilt under the pressure
Bassey (5.5) - committed a dumb foul deep in Ajax territory but was strong otherwise
Grillitsch (NR) - on very late

A couple of "easy" matches coming up against Fortuna Sittard and FC Emmen before Ajax have back to back games against PSV.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do apr 06, 2023 1:56 am

Worst officiating I’ve ever seen in a professional match. So many decisions that provided an advantage to Feyenoord. I’m not saying it was deliberate, but those officials clearly can’t handle the pressure of a game like that.

I’m surprised the match continued but I assume the coaches agreed.

The 12 minutes of additional time at the end was completely ridiculous and the ref lost control and made all sorts of bizarre calls.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do apr 06, 2023 1:58 am

@oranje one of Feyenoord’s subs was a “free” one because of a head injury. Accumulated YCs were wiped for this match so only Taylor is suspended.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 06, 2023 11:49 am

Next season's Feyenoord game at home to us has to be with no crowd.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 06, 2023 1:09 pm

Tom_ schreef:
do apr 06, 2023 1:58 am
@oranje one of Feyenoord’s subs was a “free” one because of a head injury. Accumulated YCs were wiped for this match so only Taylor is suspended.
Thanks. I was confused by the accumulated YCs as Ajax Showtime had an article, now deleted, discussing possible suspensions for the final.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do apr 06, 2023 1:57 pm

Tom_ schreef:
do apr 06, 2023 1:56 am
Worst officiating I’ve ever seen in a professional match. So many decisions that provided an advantage to Feyenoord. I’m not saying it was deliberate, but those officials clearly can’t handle the pressure of a game like that.

I’m surprised the match continued but I assume the coaches agreed.

The 12 minutes of additional time at the end was completely ridiculous and the ref lost control and made all sorts of bizarre calls.
This year I have noticed a deliberate(?) bad officiating by the refs in multiple occasions. I hope it's just a coincidence and not a plan by the KNVB to get us to lose the championship... We can do that on our own
May the Force be with you

Plaats reactie