Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

20 Aug 2005: RBC Roosendaal - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 11, 2005 2:08 pm

When the Den Haag fixture is out of the way the Eredivisie season can really start... In Roosendaal, to be precise.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do aug 11, 2005 2:15 pm

Good team to get started on before Feyenoord :headbang:
Get a Cock

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za aug 20, 2005 6:36 pm

Vonk
Escude
Grygera
Trabelsi
Emanuelson
Maduro
Sneijder
Pienaar
Babel
Boukhari
Rosenberg

subs:

Lobont
heitinga
lindenbergh
galasek
manucharyan
charisteas
rosales
Get a Cock

SoliloQuy

Bericht door SoliloQuy » za aug 20, 2005 7:02 pm

Hopefully there won't be any hiccups in form and injuries and we pick up a win.

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » za aug 20, 2005 7:53 pm

haha! 1-0 Pienaar! :headbang:

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za aug 20, 2005 7:55 pm

Finally...do you guys know of any stream.

Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog
AT Toto winner 09/10

Bericht door Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog » za aug 20, 2005 8:19 pm

0-2 Rosenberg.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za aug 20, 2005 8:21 pm

At least itll be a win. ANyone following the Heerenveen match? Its much more exciting:p Hirayama is the bomb for Heracles. :worshippy:
Get a Cock

SoliloQuy

Bericht door SoliloQuy » za aug 20, 2005 8:24 pm

Im not following that match but from looking at the scoreres and the times it looks like an interesting match!

Looks like we have won, and its good to see Rosenburg scoring too.

Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog
AT Toto winner 09/10

Bericht door Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog » za aug 20, 2005 8:27 pm

As a matter of fact, it seems to be a very boring match, having RBC defend with 10 players, and Ajax playing way too slow to frighten their opponents....

I assume Ajax is already thinking about next wednesday...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » za aug 20, 2005 10:25 pm

A solid win from Ajax, 2-0. RBC did absolutely nothing to get out of their own half. Ajax had 63% possesion. First goal was setup by Rosenberg who was offside, but the linesman didn't see it. Second was a good counter by Trabelsi who did the 60 meters in 3 seconds. For the rest, forget this match.

Although I have to say that Ajax must play 2 levels better coming wednesday against Brondby.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za aug 20, 2005 10:34 pm

Indeed, this match's tempo was too slow, Ajax can never beat a team like Brnby with a slow attack. They need to find their attacking rythm and get ready for wednesday
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Match Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 21, 2005 1:09 am

I did not see the game myself this time (I was at the Lowlands Festival), but - based on the Ajax.nl report and some comments from my mates who were there - here is the match report!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... ndaal.html

K.
Still alive...

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » zo aug 21, 2005 9:26 am

We got three points in the end which is I guess what matters.

From what I saw of the game I wasnt too impressed. Guys, we were playing RBC, normally every year on of the weakest teams, so a win was more or less a must. We did have a lot of possesion however this seems normal considering the difference in quality and the way RBC played. Overal it was a decent opening to the season.

I am however not pleased with a few things. As i mentioned before I think we should have gotten more players during the summer but thats another topic on its own. What I miss is the ability of Ajax to finish a game like this with 4-0, 6-0 etc. Ajax used to be a master in putting monsterscores on the board against the weaker teams. The 2 goals scored yesterday was actually pretty weak of Ajax (actually one goal as the other one was offside). A lucky goal by the opposition and you end up loosing 2 points. I hope we dont end up loosing points this season for this reason.

I heard a short interview with Blind on TV last night after the game. When asked if he knew where to improve the team and get ready for wednesday game. He said todays game (RBC) had little to do with wednesday's game as its a different opponent etc. STOP!!!!!!!. What happened with the way Van Gaal used to talk for example. He would say: We play the same against each team, we dont change the way we play, the opponents are the ones that might addapt their style. This made me proud of my team, we are AJAX! and we stick to our style. Now Blind is saying more or less that we do change depending on the opponent. I dont like that one bit. What you think mod?

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » zo aug 21, 2005 10:26 am

AjaxThailand schreef:I heard a short interview with Blind on TV last night after the game. When asked if he knew where to improve the team and get ready for wednesday game. He said todays game (RBC) had little to do with wednesday's game as its a different opponent etc. STOP!!!!!!!. What happened with the way Van Gaal used to talk for example. He would say: We play the same against each team, we dont change the way we play, the opponents are the ones that might addapt their style. This made me proud of my team, we are AJAX! and we stick to our style. Now Blind is saying more or less that we do change depending on the opponent. I dont like that one bit. What you think mod?
Blind was not talking about tactics, but purely about the quality of play. The reporter asked him if it would cause problems if Ajax played against Brondby as it did against RBC, and Blind anwered that those are completely different matches and that such comparisons are basically nonsense. I don't see anything wrong with that.

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » zo aug 21, 2005 11:39 am

Dont completely agree with you on that one. The quality of play is directly related to the tactics. If things arent working against RBC, a weak team, how will it be against Brondby. Thats a bit BS what blind is saying.

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » zo aug 21, 2005 12:09 pm

If you have a tough week ahead of you, it's natural that you only play good enough to win your match. It says absolutely nothing about how you will play against better opponents.

Quality of play and tactics might be related somewhat, but if you play a good match followed by a bad one, that doesn't mean that the tactics were necessarily changed. There are many other factors, including the quality of the opponent.

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » zo aug 21, 2005 12:23 pm

It was their first league game of the year. I couldnt care less that they have a busy week ahead. They played bad not because of that but because the quality of play (or players )and or tactics isnt up to par.

This is not a recent issue. We had the same all last year. And yes there are many factors involved like the quality of the opponent. So against RBC from all teams they should do well.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 21, 2005 11:14 pm

Oh well. They played quite well for half an hour and over-all it was good enough to book a 0-2 win in an away game against a very defensive team. They should have been 0-2 up at half-time already. They could have scored four goals and RBC never had a chance.

I don't think this is that bad, actually.

And what Blind tried to say was that, once the win was in the pocket, the players already started to think of Wednesday. Which is human. On Wednesday they will have that little bit of extra concentration and determination. Which is normal.

This game was nothing special, but they did the business and will be a little 'sharper' on Wednesday. Fair enough. I don't see the problem in this case, to be honest.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie