14 Sep 2005: AC Sparta Praha - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 16, 2005 3:04 pm

AjaxThailand schreef:Guys, I had a great night. I have lived abroad and mostly in Asia that for more then 10 years I was able to actually attend an Ajax game. As some might know, I was trying to get tickets for the Ajax vak but couldnt get any so i ended up with tickets for the Czech section. I was early in the stadion and saw the Ajax fans in their section and I had to get in these somehow. Tried playing ignorant and just walking through the Ajax entrance and the Ajax head steward didnt mind but the f.ucking Czech stewards who checked the tickets wouldnt let me get in. I finally went to my own seat and noticed that near to my chair there was a small gate, all locked up which lead directly to the Ajax vak. No one was going in or out but there was a old Czech steward standing there. I explained that I was dutch, really wanted to sit with my guys but again no. So I just stood there and didnt know what else I could do. Then he called me over, looked around, and said to me he was thirsty, do i have 50 crowns (less then 2 euro) so he could buy a beer. LOL, i gave it to him and he took of the locks and let me go through. I made it.
That's a great story! It's awesome that you were able to get into the "Ajax vak" for the game.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » vr sep 16, 2005 3:29 pm

Hehe, Thanks :xyxthumbs:

I mean half the fun of a away game is being with the other ajax fans. I had the best seats in the stadium but i didnt give a shit about that, I didnt mind sitting in seats with bad view as I was surrounded by ajax fans (and many Amsterdammers offcourse). Its tough for me not been able to go to Ajax games for soo long as I started going with my dad when I was 4 yrs old every other week to de Meer and then because of work ending up in far away places (and many without any Ajax on TV) Finally, after close to 10 years I was able to go to see Ajax and even better, I was able to sit in the Ajax Vak. Its my birtday next week but I couldnt have wished myself a better present.

For some guys i might sounds like a lunatic but imagine not being able to go watch your team for soo long. Its awefull. I would have changed career if I had known this would happen

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 16, 2005 5:07 pm

AjaxThailand schreef: For some guys i might sounds like a lunatic but imagine not being able to go watch your team for soo long. Its awefull. I would have changed career if I had known this would happen
Well, considering that this is the Ajax USA section of the forum, I think there are quite a few people here he share your pain (like myself, for instance). X'C
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » vr sep 16, 2005 6:01 pm

Haha, oops, some people are allways off worse. Forgot about that. Well lets hope Ajax will go to the US for some training camp in the winter or summer. Then you can enjoy yourself!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 16, 2005 6:22 pm

AjaxThailand schreef:Haha, oops, some people are allways off worse. Forgot about that. Well lets hope Ajax will go to the US for some training camp in the winter or summer. Then you can enjoy yourself!
They did tour the US a few years ago. It is becoming quite common these days for big name clubs to come stateside in the summer. In the past few years, Chelsea, AC Milan, Everton, Real and SCUM have come here. I would go anywhere in the US (or try to, anyway) to see Ajax play if they came here. But who knows if they ever will again... :nooo:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » vr sep 16, 2005 7:13 pm

O'Brian is gone and so dont think there will be any commercial reason for Ajax to go the US. I dont think the avr. American will know Barcelona or Madrid and very unlikely that many would know Ajax I guess.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr sep 16, 2005 7:49 pm

You forgot Ajax America.
Ajax already played against Cape Town, so why not against America ?
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Feest

Bericht door Feest » vr sep 16, 2005 7:51 pm

'Cause there's a reason we have Homeland Security. :D

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 16, 2005 8:17 pm

AjaxThailand schreef:O'Brian is gone and so dont think there will be any commercial reason for Ajax to go the US. I dont think the avr. American will know Barcelona or Madrid and very unlikely that many would know Ajax I guess.
Actually, the games have drawn surprisingly well. It's a long story, but soccer is slowly starting to develop a real fan base in the US. Slowly, but positively. That is why these teams are coming. And the big names have been selling out big stadia.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » zo sep 18, 2005 5:03 pm

someone know where i can see ajax hghlights...

and praaga - ajax highlights ??

Plaats reactie