23 Oct 2005: PSV - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma okt 24, 2005 10:23 am

philippe schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef:My two cents:

P$V are a German team disguised as a Dutch team.
I would say an Italian team paying for a 1-0 victory with the help of the referee.
I meant more their whole approach over the last few years (especially in Europe)....limited skills, little fluidity, all attacks from set pieces, lots of "schwalbes", oh.......and mercilessly efficient.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » ma okt 24, 2005 11:21 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Confused of Bocking here:-

There seems to be a divergance of views being expressed about the abilities of Ryan Babel. In one corner we have Ko and his merry band of fellow combi travellers who seem to be saying the kid did well. In the other corner we appear to have posters who watched the game via some media source and they appear to be saying the kid was poor.

As I was in none of these corners can somebody come to a collective agreement and post the definitive answer.

Many Thanks
Watched the game on tv but have to say that I thought Babel was very poor yesterday. I agree with another poster in that Babel is very easily dispossesed for such a big guy just cannot seem to use his physical strength in a useful way.

Certainly have to agree with nearly all the others about his first touch yesterday. In fact, watching the game yesterday I thought he was Scottish, where his first touch is so poor that his second touch is a tackle to retrieve the ball. Was very surprised when I saw the starting line up yesterday to see Babel playing as striker and I am afraid he did nothing during the game to alter my opinion. Honestly thought he should have been taken off as numerous attacks were breaking down when the ball was played to him.

He is still young but honestly needs to improve his close ball skills.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 24, 2005 12:34 pm

Babel is still only 18 and has spent the season on the left wing. I think we need to give him a chance.

One thing we have not got a left winger since Mitea's injury and keep playing 4-3-3 with either Babel, Rosales now Pienaar, none are left wingers.Young Boerrigter is a left winger. If we are to persist with 433 do any of you think this young lad should play??? Playing those others out of position is a waste of time.

2 other points raised in other posts. PSV might play like Germans or Ities but 3 of their defenders came from Ajax. ( I wasn't aware Oijder came from us ).

2 names mentioned by someone to be put straight in our side Goosens and Sarpong ( provided they dont get signed up by Chelsea !!!)

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma okt 24, 2005 12:47 pm

SPL schreef:Babel is still only 18 and has spent the season on the left wing. I think we need to give him a chance.
Picking up on the recent posts SPL, it appears that his ability to trap a ball is a major problem. That he has played out of position should have zero effect on this basic skill.
I also have the feeling that due to his lack of confidence he is also too slow of thought at the moment.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma okt 24, 2005 12:53 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Confused of Bocking here:-

There seems to be a divergance of views being expressed about the abilities of Ryan Babel. In one corner we have Ko and his merry band of fellow combi travellers who seem to be saying the kid did well. In the other corner we appear to have posters who watched the game via some media source and they appear to be saying the kid was poor.

As I was in none of these corners can somebody come to a collective agreement and post the definitive answer.

Many Thanks

ummmmm i was at the game
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma okt 24, 2005 12:57 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
SPL schreef:Babel is still only 18 and has spent the season on the left wing. I think we need to give him a chance.
Picking up on the recent posts SPL, it appears that his ability to trap a ball is a major problem. That he has played out of position should have zero effect on this basic skill.
I also have the feeling that due to his lack of confidence he is also too slow of thought at the moment.

precisely... at least charisteas can keep things moving with his touch play and be decisive

honestly, i still don't see why everyone is so incredibly harsh on him - despite playing far fewer minutes, he has outscored by two babel and rosenberg combined

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma okt 24, 2005 2:02 pm

He's injured right now so we don't need to talk about him, we need to discuss on the players we can use for our next game. Which our man Sneijder will not play...
Get a Cock

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma okt 24, 2005 4:46 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:He's injured right now so we don't need to talk about him, we need to discuss on the players we can use for our next game. Which our man Sneijder will not play...

and pienaar will only certainly be suspended

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 24, 2005 5:33 pm

Man after seeing all these post about our striker problems makes me remember one key fact: Arouna Koné was almost an Ajacied about a year ago and to tell you the truth if that Koné is the same i saw yesterday wearing the wrong white and red uniform than we missed out on a very good striker, he had one hell of a game against us, the only reason he dident do any better was because Grygera was all over him. If he were here at ajax we would not be discussing our current problem :nooo:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma okt 24, 2005 5:47 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Kone ..... he had one hell of a game against us, the only reason he dident do any better was because Grygera was all over him.
Confused of Bocking here again - things just aren't stacking up on this one. Surely if Kone was great then the person marking him must have had a poor game. However, in Ko's report he said that Grygera had a really good game (my words). Therefore, Kone couldn't have been that effective and why then would we want an ineffective player.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » ma okt 24, 2005 5:53 pm

Koné was far below his standards and wouldn't have solved our prolems either.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma okt 24, 2005 8:06 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
Confused of Bocking here again - things just aren't stacking up on this one. Surely if Kone was great then the person marking him must have had a poor game. However, in Ko's report he said that Grygera had a really good game (my words). Therefore, Kone couldn't have been that effective and why then would we want an ineffective player.

kone was utterly miserable, he should have scored at least two easily

grygera was generally a monster

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do okt 27, 2005 8:42 am

Babel was hopeless just like during the fey@#µd game. Let's try another option for the next top game.
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie