22 Mar 2006: Ajax - Roda JC

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do mar 23, 2006 12:29 pm

P$V will die in the cup. Slash en burm em boyz!!
Get a Cock

Thijs
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2010

Bericht door Thijs » do mar 23, 2006 1:33 pm

ajaxusa schreef:Can someone post a link to video of THE GOAL?
http://ajax.hyves.nl/index.php?l3=pi&l4 ... ecret=FSfq

Brilliant. :headbang:

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » do mar 23, 2006 1:38 pm

DrDuncan schreef:Highlights video should be posted on www.ultrasuid.com later today.
I believe it is available now.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mar 23, 2006 2:29 pm

I really dont see the hype about this micky mouse competition, WE MUST WIN THE FUCKING PLAY-OFF's!!!!!!!!!!!! OR KICK BLIND BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 23, 2006 2:49 pm

Ayman schreef:I really dont see the hype about this micky mouse competition, WE MUST WIN THE FUCKING PLAY-OFF's!!!!!!!!!!!! OR KICK BLIND BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!
That's bollocks, to be honest...

Anyway: match report is up on Ajax USA!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... a-4-1.html

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 23, 2006 4:22 pm

Remarkable news, by the way...

Before the game, when the Roda fans arrived in coaches, a group of some 200 Roda supporters attempted to attack nearby groups of Ajax fans and started fighting the police. Riot police surrounded and detained them by the parking lot and arrested the whole group. They were transported to different Amsterdam police stations.

All of the Roda fans will be fined 75 euros for 'disturbance of public order'. They were released yesterday night. Seven are still in their cells, because there is evidence of violent conduct. They will be detained in police cells for another day at the most - and then prosecuted. They all missed the game, quite obviously.

This is strange, because the Roda support is known as peaceful. I didn't even know they had 200 thugs...

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do mar 23, 2006 5:00 pm

They're normally in hidance in the mines, Ko.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do mar 23, 2006 5:56 pm

Arthur schreef:
DrDuncan schreef:Highlights video should be posted on www.ultrasuid.com later today.
I believe it is available now.
I watched the (extensive) highlights on Ultrasuid. Brilliant, brilliant goal. I must admit; I felt bad for Roda. But Ko's comparison (in match report on AUSA) to the Milan game is so apropos. I still feel sick-hearted when I think about that one...

BTW, who is responsible for the videos on Ultrasuid? I would like to bring them a gift of thanks from the land of sunshine and bourbon.

TWO WEEKS 'TIL TAKE-OFF!!! :eusa_dance:

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do mar 23, 2006 6:10 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Remarkable news, by the way...

Before the game, when the Roda fans arrived in coaches, a group of some 200 Roda supporters attempted to attack nearby groups of Ajax fans and started fighting the police. Riot police surrounded and detained them by the parking lot and arrested the whole group. They were transported to different Amsterdam police stations.

All of the Roda fans will be fined 75 euros for 'disturbance of public order'. They were released yesterday night. Seven are still in their cells, because there is evidence of violent conduct. They will be detained in police cells for another day at the most - and then prosecuted. They all missed the game, quite obviously.

This is strange, because the Roda support is known as peaceful. I didn't even know they had 200 thugs...

K.

maybe they were kakkerlakken in disguise... naaah, they're not that bright
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » vr mar 24, 2006 12:26 am

bluedaddy19 schreef:

K.

I think so :yes: :yes:

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr mar 24, 2006 5:03 am

Van der Vaart schreef:
bluedaddy19 schreef:

K.

I think so :yes: :yes:
What I gather from Dutch media;

It appears that the Roda fans got screwed. Three buses filled with them got dropped off just a few hundred meters short of the Arena. God knows why. It meant that they had to walk past large groups of our fans. Of course, this resulted in provocations and humiliation. It is said that the local police played their share in provoking our guests. Anyway, it so happened that a handful of Roda fans got severely ticked off at the cops and a few scrimmages followed. For the police this was reason enough to arrest everyone in this group of Roda fans.

There were 1500 Roda fans present at the game of which 200 ended up spending the night in blue hotels. I think that the Amsterdam police should be ashamed of their actions. The Roda fans are essentially a friendly lot. After yesterday's events there will be a large number of them who will never want to set foot in the Arena again. I can't blame them.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mar 24, 2006 9:50 am

Another strange and shameful story about the police provocations around the Arena.
Any news from the investigation on the Supporters' home affair (ADO Den Haag away game) by the way ?
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr mar 24, 2006 10:18 am

philippe schreef:Another strange and shameful story about the police provocations around the Arena.
Any news from the investigation on the Supporters' home affair (ADO Den Haag away game) by the way ?
Phillipe, once again you jump in and make accusations of police provocations without any evidence or knowledge - ie just like your accusation of the police planting the drugs at the clubhouse, even although the people arrested have not pleaded not guilty.

I was there on Wednesday night - From what I seen there was a small group amongst the Roda supporters,definitely not 200 but a large enough group anyway, who were quite happy to stir the shit and to put the blame on the police is an easy option. Plenty of other away football supporters have been dropped short of the Arena and had to walk through Ajax fans without any hassle. Take responsibility for your own actions is something I try to do in my own life and to blame others is an easy way out.

Can you actually name other cases of police provocation around the Arena as you have stated in your post. I have been going for 4 years now to the Arena and never been provoked, and I am sure it is the same with the vast majority who post here. I am actually glad you dont go to watch football in Italy or Spain, because there you would really find out about intimidation by police and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

And if you actually knew of the events in Amsterdam itself over the last few weeks involving Ajax fans, you would maybe understand why the police might be acting a little heavy handed at this precise moment. The incidents the day of the Netherlands v Ecuador game spring to mind.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mar 24, 2006 10:45 am

jamcocteau schreef:
And if you actually knew of the events in Amsterdam itself over the last few weeks involving Ajax fans, you would maybe understand why the police might be acting a little heavy handed at this precise moment.
Could you be more specific ?

Well, just curious though : any actual facts from the investigation on the Supporters' home affair (weapons, large quantities of hard drugs, etc ..)?
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr mar 24, 2006 11:03 am

philippe schreef:
jamcocteau schreef:
And if you actually knew of the events in Amsterdam itself over the last few weeks involving Ajax fans, you would maybe understand why the police might be acting a little heavy handed at this precise moment.
Could you be more specific ?

Well, just curious though : any actual facts from the investigation on the Supporters' home affair (weapons, large quantities of hard drugs, etc ..)?
The incidents I am on about are unrelated to the investigation in the clubhouse. Firstly, re the clubhouse incident, the clubhouse is still closed down. The next real news that anybody will hear is when those arrested appear in court to be charged. I am sure that France is similar to most other European countries where the media cannot publish stories about a case whilst that case is still to be tried or under investigation, so no proper news until then - only hearsay or rumour.

Regarding the last few weeks - 51 Ajax fans were arrested on the day of the Ecuador game in the Rembrandtsplein after a serious incident in an Irish bar in the Roken. Eur 12,000 worth of damage was done to the bar. If you wish to know more about this I shall PM you about it as it is not something I wish to discuss further on a public message board as the repurcussions of this incident are potentially far reaching.

Suffice to say, at this moment in time a very small number of stupid Ajax fans are not creating a good name for Ajax football club amongst publicans in Amsterdam, the police, media and the general public in Amsterdam.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mar 24, 2006 11:13 am

jamcocteau schreef: The next real news that anybody will hear is when those arrested appear in court to be charged. I am sure that France is similar to most other European countries where the media cannot publish stories about a case whilst that case is still to be tried or under investigation, so no proper news until then - only hearsay or rumour.
I really wish it were so, but it isn't. Several recent affairs prove that in this country we currently have serious problems with : presumption of innocence, secret of instruction, separation of powers (not sure about the translation but I guess you understand).
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 24, 2006 1:38 pm

I've just been reading the guestbook at http://www.rodajcfans.nl/

They really are outraged with the Amsterdam police over there. Most of the stories sound quite reasonable. I'm sure a number of Roda fans was causing trouble, but 200 arrests? It's a safe bet that they (once again) nicked a lot of innocent people, who all missed the game and will be fined 75 euros.

There's a story in their guestbook about two Roda fans from the U.K. who were over for this game and both spent the whole evening in a police cell.

I hope they'll sue the old bill and win the case, just like the Utrecht fans who were all sent back last season.

K.
Still alive...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr mar 24, 2006 2:14 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I've just been reading the guestbook at http://www.rodajcfans.nl/

They really are outraged with the Amsterdam police over there. Most of the stories sound quite reasonable. I'm sure a number of Roda fans was causing trouble, but 200 arrests? It's a safe bet that they (once again) nicked a lot of innocent people, who all missed the game and will be fined 75 euros.

There's a story in their guestbook about two Roda fans from the U.K. who were over for this game and both spent the whole evening in a police cell.

I hope they'll sue the old bill and win the case, just like the Utrecht fans who were all sent back last season.

K.
Ko

As I said there was a few who I seen acting like idiots but the problem in these cases always is that the police are indiscriminate in who they arrest. So others will always suffer for the actions of a few. I hope those who have been wrongly arrested do sue the police. It might make the dutch police actually look at their actual policing methods at football matches - it is quite laughable at times. Round at entrance A to the ArenA there are usually a high number of riot police, vans etc who appear quite happy to make show of strength by standing about but when they are actually required to sort trouble out they do not have a clue how to sort it out thus causing bother for innocent bystanders as it appears in this case.

Cases like this do piss me off because the real trouble makers will hide behind the back of the innocent ones and claim that they too were fitted up by the police. As I said earlier these type of people are never willing to suffer the consequences of their own actions and seem quite happy for innocent bystanders to take the blame too and in this case innocents having to spend the night in jail.

Plaats reactie