03 May 2006: FC Groningen - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 04, 2006 6:19 pm

I have to admit that my watching has been about 13/14 games on channel 5, when the result was known,and apart from RKC they showed most of our defeats. In addition I did watch the 8 live CL games. Apart from the first 45 mins at home to Inter Ajax looked very poor so I can quite understand Ko and the others who have paid and watched most games.

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » vr mei 05, 2006 5:07 am

aveslacker schreef:
English Eagle schreef:Now gentleman can i just remind you that Crystal Palace are in the play offs for a place in the Premier League.If i can ask you to keep your fingers crossed for their games against Watford(Saturday & Tuesday) i would be very grateful.Cheers :xyxthumbs: .
Sorry, brother, but I'm pulling for Watford. :X
:redcard:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr mei 05, 2006 9:05 am

English Eagle schreef: Now gentleman can i just remind you that Crystal Palace are in the play offs for a place in the Premier League.If i can ask you to keep your fingers crossed for their games against Watford(Saturday & Tuesday) i would be very grateful.Cheers :xyxthumbs: .
Sorry mate, I'll be distracted by Notts County's attempt to avoid relegation out of professional football in League2 (read Division 4)........... :eusa_pray:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 05, 2006 11:19 am

My English team Oxford Utd are in a worse state than Notts County.We have to win tomorrow or we are out the league.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr mei 05, 2006 12:03 pm

SPL schreef:My English team Oxford Utd are in a worse state than Notts County.We have to win tomorrow or we are out the league.
Let's hope it's Stockport eh?

Although they say the football gods are involved...Accrington Stanley are promoted back into professional football after 40 something years, and the team that took their league place all those years ago?

Yup......Oxford

Anyway best of luck SPL....
:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 05, 2006 8:16 pm

I have been thinking about Accrington Stanley replacing us for a week or 2 now. Stockport have spent alot of the season in the bottom 2 but footy does not work like that.

I should add to all our non english friends that Accrington Stanley, just North of Manchester, were one of the original pro teams along with Notts County but they went out of business back in 1961 went out the league to be replaced by Oxford U. Accrington were reformed and have just been promoted back into the League . 2 teams go out Rushden are down but Oxford are in the other relegation place .Thus after 45 years Accrington could now replace Oxford.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za mei 06, 2006 12:45 am

SPL schreef:I have been thinking about Accrington Stanley replacing us for a week or 2 now. Stockport have spent alot of the season in the bottom 2 but footy does not work like that.

I should add to all our non english friends that Accrington Stanley, just North of Manchester, were one of the original pro teams along with Notts County but they went out of business back in 1961 went out the league to be replaced by Oxford U. Accrington were reformed and have just been promoted back into the League . 2 teams go out Rushden are down but Oxford are in the other relegation place .Thus after 45 years Accrington could now replace Oxford.
You didn't mention that advert. The best way to sum this up is that back in the days before the tories privatised everything we had a government body called 'The Milk Marketing Board'. It did just that and the advert was two kids drinking milk, one saying that if the second didn't drink it they'd only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley...punch line being "Accrington Stanley, who are they?". I think you had to be there and I've had a few tonight but just trying to add to the geopolitical cultural knowledge of the Ajaxtalk community :D
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 06, 2006 6:57 pm

To finish this off Oxford lost and go down with Rushden. Notts County's Brussels based fan can relax.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 06, 2006 7:18 pm

For all your non-Ajax related football discussion...

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic.php?t=4422

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie