07 May 2006: Ajax - PSV

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo mei 07, 2006 9:17 pm

Huntelaar seems well grounded. Laid back in fact, at least off the pitch, from what I could see by observing him handling supporters and press after 2 training sessions. I agree wholeheartedly with your other points, Carcajou.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo mei 07, 2006 9:37 pm

we trashed feyen@rd twice, beat P$v and won the Cup, qualified for the CL; then the coach was fired

well done Jaake :X
Appie, stay strong !

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » zo mei 07, 2006 10:06 pm

philippe schreef:we trashed feyen@rd twice, beat P$v and won the Cup, qualified for the CL; then the coach was fired

Jaakke doesn't make those decisions, that's Van Geel. And he's absolutely right, because this was a shit season with a lucky finish. Blind won't pull that off again, and even if he did it wouldn't be good enough for Ajax.

The number of matches that were Ajax worthy this year can be counted on one hand. It was pathetic.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo mei 07, 2006 10:11 pm

Philippe said:
we trashed feyen@rd twice, beat P$v and won the Cup, qualified for the CL; then the coach was fired

Its all about the assesment of the whole season, not just the last few days or THE last day. I remember Jupp Heynkes got sacked by Real Madrid after winning the champions league in Amsterdam in 1998 1-0 against Juventus, he got sacked, Real Madrid finished 4th in the league, were well out of the title race and had they not won the champions league they would not have been in it the following year, so in a way the champions league was a life line, when it should have been their bonus prize after the title, but ofcourse Barcelona reigned in spain that year.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo mei 07, 2006 10:22 pm

Just looking at the photo of Ajax hoisting the Gatorade Cup on Ajax.nl. I know Gatorade colors are green and orange, but Stevie Wonder or a monk gone mad designed those bathrobes/monk's robes/ labcoats. UGHHHHH-LEEEEE!!!! :pukey: Just glad the sponsor wasn't ALPO, probably more fitting considering our 05-06 form on the whole, with their dog food colored coats.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

dws

Bericht door dws » zo mei 07, 2006 10:56 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
Blind3 schreef:GOOD LUCK DANNY!!!!! YOU ARE A TRUE AJACIED!!!!!!! You were always a champion in your playing days.It is fitting that you get to lift silverware as a manager.
Amen Brother Blind..... :yes:
Double that Amen, Manneken Pis. :xyxthumbs:

Just finished watching Ultrasuid's highlights :D. I had to leave The Radio 1 match coverage at half time to go to a rugby match. It's nice to finish with a trophy .............. BUT NEXT YEAR IT HAS TO BE THE EREDIVISE :yes:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 07, 2006 11:17 pm

Arthur schreef:
philippe schreef:we trashed feyen@rd twice, beat P$v and won the Cup, qualified for the CL; then the coach was fired

Jaakke doesn't make those decisions, that's Van Geel. And he's absolutely right, because this was a shit season with a lucky finish. Blind won't pull that off again, and even if he did it wouldn't be good enough for Ajax.

The number of matches that were Ajax worthy this year can be counted on one hand. It was pathetic.
Very well said, Arthur. 100% with you.

This was a f**king GREAT day, though. :yes:

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo mei 07, 2006 11:35 pm

Great day, on Ajax.nl photoblog, is Sneijder naked in the bathtub? :blush:
Get a Cock

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » ma mei 08, 2006 12:54 am

Eh - heat of the moment, post now removed. Peace and love to all
:D

Well done Ajax on a fine victory - great 2nd half with more passion that have seen in a long time

Now to enjoy the summer
Laatst gewijzigd door jamcocteau op ma mei 08, 2006 8:19 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma mei 08, 2006 2:27 am

jamcocteau schreef:

Philippe, i have read your comments with interest throughout the year and to be honest I have responded with more patience than I have ever should have, [...]
Eh think I will be banned now for abusing a board member but bollocks it has to be said.
Sleep tight all
Yeah! And I know a picture that suits this rant perfectly :

http://greatlakeshobby.com/images/1350% ... %20pc).jpg

Peace out now ;)
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 08, 2006 6:56 am

philippe schreef:well done Jaake :X
This is actually what annoys me the most about the whole situation. During and after the yesterday's game parts of the Ajax support yelled "Jaakke f*ck off", but (Philippe, please pay attention)...

... the chairman of AFC Ajax, the club, is NOT the man who will analyze the technical staff and fire Danny Blind.

It is actually Martin van Geel, technical director of Ajax NV (Ajax, the 'company').

So, why don't people yell "Van Geel f*ck off" instead? Very simple: because everybody likes the man. He's friendly, he's eloquent, he's intelligent, he seems very fair and - most importantly - he's doing great work so far. He's made the most out of the 'expiring contracts' situation and he landed Huntelaar, Stam and Perez. And, yes indeed, he wants to replace Danny Blind and continue with a new technical staff.

The Ajax supporters are happy with everything Martin van Geel has done so far, except with that one thing (they didn't even disagree with him all along; if it wasn't for the play-offs and the cup final they would have been on his side).

Anyway: the fans feel that yelling "Van Geel f*ck off" would be a little bit drastic, so what they did was look around for someone in a suit they dislike, someone they can blame for everything. So, who we gonna pick? Hey, yeah, John Jaakke! He's our man! He's not a real football man, he's a bit posh and he's the chairman or something, so let's chop his head off!

That's extremely irrational and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. John Jaakke simply isn't the man.

Imagine you root for a certain political party. They win the elections, but then come up with a new law that you absolutely detest. And then (slightly embarrassed because 'your' people are responsible) you start yelling that the Queen must f*ck off...

That's what's happening here.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 08, 2006 10:17 am

Iwas actually sitting down to diner with a live score on screen ticking down the mins and as the 90th min had ticked up I was just saying to my son an injury time winner from KJH would be great and as I was saying the words it flashed up. What a great way to win a cup.

Winning the cup and the playoffs are still only papering over the cracks as Ajax have not had a good season.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma mei 08, 2006 10:30 am

jamcocteau schreef:Eh - heat of the moment, post now removed. Peace and love to all
:D

Well done Ajax on a fine victory - great 2nd half with more passion that have seen in a long time

Now to enjoy the summer
I bet it was the world famous "kitten effect". Even a tough Scotsman like you can't resist it :D :D ;) ;) :xyxthumbs:

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma mei 08, 2006 10:54 am

Thank you Ajax for finishing the season off on a high. The 2nd half was a great (if not a bit crazy) game of football. I have been highly (and rightly on most occasions) critical of the team, but esp based on the 2nd half, the boys were fully commited and played reasonably well.

Well done gents :yes:

Now onto next season and beyond!!!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma mei 08, 2006 11:11 am

Since maxxed football forum died, does anyone know where to dowload the full game? Cheers.

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » ma mei 08, 2006 12:29 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
philippe schreef:well done Jaake :X
This is actually what annoys me the most about the whole situation. During and after the yesterday's game parts of the Ajax support yelled "Jaakke f*ck off", but (Philippe, please pay attention)...

... the chairman of AFC Ajax, the club, is NOT the man who will analyze the technical staff and fire Danny Blind.

It is actually Martin van Geel, technical director of Ajax NV (Ajax, the 'company').

So, why don't people yell "Van Geel f*ck off" instead? Very simple: because everybody likes the man. He's friendly, he's eloquent, he's intelligent, he seems very fair and - most importantly - he's doing great work so far. He's made the most out of the 'expiring contracts' situation and he landed Huntelaar, Stam and Perez. And, yes indeed, he wants to replace Danny Blind and continue with a new technical staff.

The Ajax supporters are happy with everything Martin van Geel has done so far, except with that one thing (they didn't even disagree with him all along; if it wasn't for the play-offs and the cup final they would have been on his side).

Anyway: the fans feel that yelling "Van Geel f*ck off" would be a little bit drastic, so what they did was look around for someone in a suit they dislike, someone they can blame for everything. So, who we gonna pick? Hey, yeah, John Jaakke! He's our man! He's not a real football man, he's a bit posh and he's the chairman or something, so let's chop his head off!

That's extremely irrational and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. John Jaakke simply isn't the man.

Imagine you root for a certain political party. They win the elections, but then come up with a new law that you absolutely detest. And then (slightly embarrassed because 'your' people are responsible) you start yelling that the Queen must f*ck off...

That's what's happening here.

K.
Though what you fail to mention is football is emotion and memories, basically. 8 out of 10 times, football supporters stop thinking rationally before, during and after the match. I sang Jaakke rot op yesterday as well, was a bit stupid. Then again, i was drunk.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 08, 2006 12:33 pm

Joeska schreef:Though what you fail to mention is football is emotion and memories, basically. 8 out of 10 times, football supporters stop thinking rationally before, during and after the match.
Ummm, that is exactly what I mention... :blush:
I sang Jaakke rot op yesterday as well, was a bit stupid. Then again, i was drunk.
You are forgiven. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » ma mei 08, 2006 2:27 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Joeska schreef:Though what you fail to mention is football is emotion and memories, basically. 8 out of 10 times, football supporters stop thinking rationally before, during and after the match.
Ummm, that is exactly what I mention... :blush:
I sang Jaakke rot op yesterday as well, was a bit stupid. Then again, i was drunk.
You are forgiven. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Bastard. How are y'gonna combine Leidse & Godenzonen?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 08, 2006 3:43 pm

Joeska schreef:Bastard. How are y'gonna combine Leidse & Godenzonen?
I'm not gonna try. I'll be in Godenzonen, and after that I'll go straight to the Paradiso to see Belle & Sebastian.

I wouldn't have gone to the celebrations anyway, for two reasons: firstly, I don't think the Gatorade Cup is worth it (didn't save the season for me; we didn't celebrate the 1999 cup for the same reason - and I feel we should have done the same thing this time). Secondly, I am 100% convinced that it will get out of hand, as certain supporters groups have announced that they will demand 'open-ness' from the board. Which they're not going to get. I think it's going to be a big 'anti-board' thing and that approach is way too simplistic, if you ask me. Also, I think it will end in aggression.

Anyway: just don't feel like it, really. I'll be there at the end of next season, though. I expect we'll really have something to celebrate then.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma mei 08, 2006 4:03 pm

well, I feel a bit sad about this, but it seems that this is more and more looking like the average teenage football fans forum where those who don't think like the majority are being insulted.

never mind, that was a great day, thanks to Danny Blind and to the players

:xyxthumbs: :worshippy: :xyxthumbs:
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » ma mei 08, 2006 4:49 pm

philippe schreef:well, I feel a bit sad about this, but it seems that this is more and more looking like the average teenage football fans forum where those who don't think like the majority are being insulted.

Philippe, i did make a post last night which I removed first thing this morning as rereading it was out of order on my behalf and I will apolgise to you for that. I consider myself mature enough to know that when I am in the wrong I will rectify it.

To say that people have been insulting is incorrect in my opinion. I find the majority of people who use this board to be intelligent likeable people and having met a number of them personally I will stick by that opinion. The majority of posts on here are usually well argued and backed up by very reasoned arguements. We all have differing opinions but to be honest if you honestly believe that this has been a good season then fine, that is your opinion, but please dont ram it down everybody else throats constantly. A number of the posters on this board actually have season tickets and have attended the majority of the games that Ajax have played this year and if they say they have been disappointed with what they have seen why can you not accept that instead of trying to convince people otherwise. To be honest I find it a bit insulting to my intelligence actually, I have been attending football matches for over 30 years of my life on a very regular basis including World Cups, European Cups etc and have seen a lot of quality football and players in my time and what was on offer in ArenA this season most certainly does not fall into that category.

Now I am about to leave work go home, pass by the Leidseplein and clap the players for their efforts yesterday and am going to forget all about this season. I have one more match to attend this season - the Champions League Final next week in your home town where I hope to witness the standard of football which I would love Ajax to be able to return to in the near future.

Philippe, I will wish you a happy summer and hopefully when I post next at the start of the new season it will be to follow a group of players who I can honestly say are of the standard set by their illustrious forefather who wore the AFCA jersey and hey, we might even agree.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » ma mei 08, 2006 5:06 pm

Did you guys see this picture in the English Zone?
It's brilliant, showing KJH sharp as a knife. (for those who don't know: this is him scoring the winner)

Afbeelding

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » ma mei 08, 2006 6:16 pm

wow i've been away for a long time in the forum but it's nice to come back and to see good news. That photo of Huntelaar you posted Arthur is great, it shows what type of striker he is. What a terrific contribution Huntelaar has made to this team and in such a small period of time. I can't wait to see a full season with him.

There is one other player I would like to mention, Boakye. He's shown lots of maturity despite his young age. He replaced a key player in our lineup in a very difficult moment for Ajax and he did a good job. It's nice to see he signed a contract today :xyxthumbs:

qezu

Bericht door qezu » ma mei 08, 2006 9:03 pm

Does anyone has a torrent file on the match? Watched the highlight from www.ultrasuid.com, but never show when they lift the cup tho. Greatly appriciated if there's the full match version.

AJAX FOREVER....
Huntelaar the man

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma mei 08, 2006 10:17 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
philippe schreef:well, I feel a bit sad about this, but it seems that this is more and more looking like the average teenage football fans forum where those who don't think like the majority are being insulted.

Philippe, i did make a post last night which I removed first thing this morning as rereading it was out of order on my behalf and I will apolgise to you for that. I consider myself mature enough to know that when I am in the wrong I will rectify it.
[....]
Philippe, I will wish you a happy summer and hopefully when I post next at the start of the new season it will be to follow a group of players who I can honestly say are of the standard set by their illustrious forefather who wore the AFCA jersey and hey, we might even agree.
AMEN BRO. There probably won't be live footie for me next season. I miss you guys already. Hope to see you for a few friendlies in the middle of the summer though.

Plaats reactie