Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

25 Jul 2006: FC Emmen - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 18, 2006 11:51 pm

Right then. The Bergkamp Testimonial will be a bit of a special friendly fixture: one half of football between the current teams, followed by one half of applauding the old-timers...

After that it's time for some games against professional opposition, starting with Dutch First Division side FC Emmen. This game will not be played at Emmen's ground, but in a little village called Nieuw Amsterdam, in the east of The Netherlands.

Ajax Talk will probably go down tomorrow and stay off air for a few days, so I'll see you on the flipside, ladies and the gentlemen. Good night.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 26, 2006 3:59 pm

Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 26, 2006 10:25 pm

Two strange things...

1. the left fullback position
Zdenek Grygera has said that he is very much up for this position. So far he has played as a right fullback or (most of the time) a central defender for Ajax, but he can play on the left as well - and he's ready for it. Mr Robbert Schilder, on the other hand, has told HTC that he does not feel like playing left fullback. HTC's reaction was (just like mine...): that's a very weird thing to demand for such a young bloke, as he's performed quite well as a left fullback so far, but alright: if he doesn't playing time as a left fullback... he won't get any (but will he get minutes at another position...? Something to think about, Robbert).

2. a 'Gabri type'?
HTC has said that he is considering one last purchase. He would like to add another midfielder to his squad, preferably (and I quote) a 'Gabri type'. Right. Don't we already have a 'Gabri type' (namely: Gabri) in the squad? Does this mean that HTC is worried about Gabri's injury? Is he too injury-prone (hamstrings; always persistent), like many people feared? Time will tell... Gabri didn't play against Emmen (and he wasn't on the bench either). Will we see him against Dortmund...?

(Also: Van Geel said that there is no more cash for player purchases...)

K.
Still alive...

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » wo jul 26, 2006 11:50 pm

I think HtC has promoted Vertonghen to the first squad ,for this Gabri Type .

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 27, 2006 9:58 am

Van der Vaart schreef:I think HtC has promoted Vertonghen to the first squad ,for this Gabri Type .
Are you sure?

I know he promoted Vertonghen, but was that after he said that 'Gabri thing'? And is Vertonghen supposed to be that midfielder he's looking for?

Vertonghen did well, that's for sure. But Gabri was one of our biggest buys. A top drawer, experienced player from the Barça school. Don't think you can expect Vertonghen to be of that caliber...

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op do jul 27, 2006 10:16 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do jul 27, 2006 10:02 am

Bagri?

New nickname for Gabri 'cause of his particular (and pretty gay) bag-taste, Ko?

Edit Kowalczyk: corrected in previous post... Wiseguy... ;)

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do jul 27, 2006 11:12 am

Steef schreef:
Edit Kowalczyk: corrected in previous post... Wiseguy... ;)
that's why you always have to quote typo's ;)
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » do jul 27, 2006 3:54 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Van der Vaart schreef:I think HtC has promoted Vertonghen to the first squad ,for this Gabri Type .
Are you sure?

I know he promoted Vertonghen, but was that after he said that 'Gabri thing'? And is Vertonghen supposed to be that midfielder he's looking for?

Vertonghen did well, that's for sure. But Gabri was one of our biggest buys. A top drawer, experienced player from the Barça school. Don't think you can expect Vertonghen to be of that caliber...

K.
Van Geel said we have no money .
So ,how can we buy another guy ??

But ,if ajax has some money yet ,Who can we buy ?

Barreto from NEC ,i think would be a good one

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do jul 27, 2006 3:55 pm

no, he's not good enough for Ajax, I think his reaction is too slow for the top.

Ajax will have money again when we sell Charisteas and/or Grygera.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » do jul 27, 2006 4:00 pm

Henk de Gier schreef:no, he's not good enough for Ajax, I think his reaction is too slow for the top.

Ajax will have money again when we sell Charisteas and/or Grygera.
So ,WHO ?

MAscherano would be a good one too ,i think

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do jul 27, 2006 4:04 pm

I don't know who, I still hope that Davids decides to leave the Spurs.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » do jul 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Rumor is that Mascherano might be having talks with Man Utd. As their 173rd choice option as a Roy Keane replacement, presumably, because the other 172 players all turned them down.

I find it interesting that Grygera is still in Amsterdam and talking about position roles for the season. A month or two ago it was a 100% certainty that we all believed he was gone in the summer, yet he's still there, and it's starting to look like there's a possibility he might still be there when the season opens.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 28, 2006 1:37 pm

AjaxPDX schreef:I find it interesting that Grygera is still in Amsterdam and talking about position roles for the season. A month or two ago it was a 100% certainty that we all believed he was gone in the summer, yet he's still there, and it's starting to look like there's a possibility he might still be there when the season opens.
Yeah. He has only one year left on his contract, so next summer he will walk out for free. I am pretty sure that Ajax would prefer to sell him now they can still get some money for him, but the interest in Grygera was mainly coming from Italy. From Milan and Juventus, to be precise. So I think the whole scandal over there f*cked things up for Grygera, who doesn't seem to be unhappy to be an Ajacied for another year, by the way.

K.
Still alive...

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » vr jul 28, 2006 3:45 pm

You were right .
HtC are intertest in Tomas Sivok ,from Sparta Praga .
He has 22 years old .
He was right with milan ,but got injuried .

that´s what says Ajax showtime

Plaats reactie