Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

29 Jul 2006: Borussia Dortmund - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 26, 2006 7:32 am

Next friendly! And not a bad one!

This game will not be played at Borussia Dortmund's massive stadium, but at old Nattenberg Stadium in the small town of Lüdenscheid, Germany. Kick-off time: 14.00 CET.

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo jul 26, 2006 12:08 pm

Have you got any news about the possible squads? Are the teams going to put their best elevens, or will it be just a friendly game in reserve squads? I would like to see Pienaar in Dortmund's first squad ;) .

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » wo jul 26, 2006 7:37 pm

he's probably injured :sad:
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jul 29, 2006 3:16 pm

The game started 55 minutes late, due to traffic jams in Germany and people's problems to get to the ground in time.

Kick-off was at 14:55 CET and the current score is 0-1 to Ajax. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored in the 31st minute of the match.

K.
Still alive...

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » za jul 29, 2006 4:11 pm

not due to traffic jams, but the Dortmund bus broke down.
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 30, 2006 10:50 am

Match report is up, people...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... r-2-1.html

Jim will add pictures to it a.s.a.p. (that is: when he gets out of bed... :D )

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 30, 2006 9:15 pm

By the way: the Borussia Dortmund fans put all their flags and banners upside down (as you can in the Ajax Foto Side photo report) as a protest against their new home uniform. They hate the yellow and white stripes, and to be honest I totally see their point...

I know we Ajax fans are lucky (we have a 'holy' home shirt that never changes) but why do clubs change their shirts all the time??? I don't get it. What makes the Borussia board (and the kit sponsor) think that yellow and white (WTF?) is pretty...?

They've always been yellow and black - plain simple: black shorts, yellow shirts. Why would you change that? They're the club colours aren't they, fer fack's sake.

Look at Dutch clubs like Ajax, Feyenoord, Sparta, Heerenveen, Vitesse, Roda, Excelsior, De Graafschap... Their jerseys never change. Just like the flag of a country doesn't change.

But maybe it's just me.

K.
Still alive...

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » ma jul 31, 2006 12:25 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
I know we Ajax fans are lucky (we have a 'holy' home shirt that never changes) but why do clubs change their shirts all the time??? I don't get it. What makes the Borussia board (and the kit sponsor) think that yellow and white (WTF?) is pretty...?

K.
to get more and more money from the fans

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jul 31, 2006 7:16 am

Kowalczyk schreef:They hate the yellow and white stripes, and to be honest I totally see their point [...] What makes the Borussia board (and the kit sponsor) think that yellow and white (WTF?) is pretty...?

K.
I think they modelled it on a Torquay United shirt, circa 1990-1996 Ko ;) (and I managed to find a picture so you can see what I'm on about)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Torquay-United-Sh ... dZViewItem
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma jul 31, 2006 9:18 am

Kowalczyk schreef:By the way: the Borussia Dortmund fans put all their flags and banners upside down (as you can in the Ajax Foto Side photo report) as a protest against their new home uniform. They hate the yellow and white stripes, and to be honest I totally see their point...

They've always been yellow and black - plain simple: black shorts, yellow shirts. Why would you change that? They're the club colours aren't they, fer fack's sake.

Look at Dutch clubs like Ajax, Feyenoord, Sparta, Heerenveen, Vitesse, Roda, Excelsior, De Graafschap... Their jerseys never change. Just like the flag of a country doesn't change.

But maybe it's just me.

K.
Could be worse Ko, at least we haven't been taken over by red bull...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Salzburg. man what a disgrace is that?!?

If they ever want me to stop supporting Ajax, this is the best way. What about Burger King AFC? Or maybe once and for all Ajax can be owned by AJAX the cleaning product and finally get rid of all the confusion. :D

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jul 31, 2006 1:05 pm

DanK schreef:Could be worse Ko, at least we haven't been taken over by red bull...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Salzburg. man what a disgrace is that?!?
...or perhaps Philips? :pukey:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » ma jul 31, 2006 7:36 pm

DanK schreef: Could be worse Ko, at least we haven't been taken over by red bull...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Salzburg. man what a disgrace is that?!?

If they ever want me to stop supporting Ajax, this is the best way. What about Burger King AFC? Or maybe once and for all Ajax can be owned by AJAX the cleaning product and finally get rid of all the confusion. :D
Red Bull did the exact same thing with the MLS team in New York...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Red_Bulls

Plaats reactie