20 Sep 2006: Young RKC Waalwijk - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do sep 21, 2006 12:19 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Cedric_AeF schreef:Well, once again, Ajax conceded 2 goals...
The first one was a bit of a joke. One of the weirdest things I ever saw an Ajax defender do. Here's what happened. The game started, Young RKC got the ball, attacked over the left flank and gave a high, not very dangerous cross into the penalty area.

And then Zdenek Grygera had a black-out. Or something.

He just stuck out his arm and handled the ball. He almost punched it away like a goalkeeper. Totally unnecessary and so blatantly obvious that you really wondered: what the f*ck you doing? Are you mad? Penalty, yellow card (should've been red, actually...) and bang, 1-0 down. Totally bizarre.

What was he thinking? Did he want to make it a little bit more exciting...?

Quite funny, looking back at it... :D

K.
Even more bizarre is that AZ-defender Gijs Lurink pulled the exact same stunt on Sunday.

Two defenders having brainfreeze within a couple of days. Odd.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 21, 2006 12:52 am

Strange, by the way... I really thought Ajax did well against Vitesse, and they looked like they had a great time playing and were seriously picking up form...

Since that match we've seen three crap performances in a row...

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do sep 21, 2006 12:53 am

Vitesse were horrendous that day. Absolute shite. Ajax was decent. Not more than that.

Vitesse are way over-rated by many. They could be this season's NAC.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do sep 21, 2006 7:53 am

nice to read that Rosenberg is back and scores ! :xyxthumbs:
however ten Cate's comment is a bit odd : If there is one thing we learned from this match, it is that the players who don't see much action have absolutely no right to complain about that

how about the coach ?
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do sep 21, 2006 8:53 am

philippe schreef:
how about the coach ?
give it a break would you - you really are like a broken record coming along with the same sh*t all the time. Ok, you dont like the new coach, we have all gotten the point by now, but why do you have to spoil every single thread by repeating the same crap.

Give the guy time.

Oh and you call yourself an AJAX supporter, I have not seen one bit of support in a thread this season from you towards the players, the coach or anything connected with the club. Oh yes, Ajax really does need supporters like you this season - NOT.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do sep 21, 2006 9:22 am

jamcocteau schreef:
philippe schreef:
Oh and you call yourself an AJAX supporter, I have not seen one bit of support in a thread this season from you towards the players, the coach or anything connected with the club. Oh yes, Ajax really does need supporters like you this season - NOT.
It's because Yannis doesn't play here anymore.

I think Phillipe's hope and empathy for Ajax went out the door with him?

Am I right?
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 21, 2006 10:27 am

Per schreef:It's because Yannis doesn't play here anymore.

I think Phillipe's hope and empathy for Ajax went out the door with him?

Am I right?
I have no idea, but although I would like to ask Jamcocteau to calm down a bit and count to ten before he posts (I deleted a few words from your posting, btw), he's definitely got a point. Philippe doesn't even seem to notice, but he does sound like a broken record at times. He's very pro-Blind and for that reason has been sceptical of Henk ten Cate from the very start. Which is weird for many reasons, and two reasons in particular.

1. Ten Cate's got nothing to do with Blind's dismissal. He's not guilty of it. He just accepted a job (head-coach of AFC Ajax) because it was a vacant position and the club asked him to accept it.

2. The dismissal of Danny Blind was a unanimous decision by literally all the responsible entities within the club: from the chairman to the managing director, from the technical director to the Members' Council and from the Commisioners to the external advisors. Literally not a single person with an official voice voted against the dismissal of Danny Blind - and I know this for a fact. Even the supporters don't talk about him anymore. Everyone is just getting on with it, except for Philippe in his remote bunker somewhere in the beautiful, great nation of France.

This makes Philippe's crusade a bit tiring. Meanwhile, he thinks that he's being perfectly reasonable and that I am the tiring one, so who knows.

The worst thing (and this is another thing that Philippe himself doesn't seem to notice) is that Philippe is pretty much the only person in the English Zones who absolutely and utterly refuses to accept other people's points every once in a while. He always returns to the same topics and statements, and each time he returns to it he seems to have totally forgotten all the information other people provided him with. It is absolutely useless to explain to Philippe, for example, what the position of John Jaakke is within the club, which powers the chairman has (and which ones he hasn't). Philippe will just put his fingers into his ears and, when the next opportunity is there, simply start all over again.

The problem is: people who can't listen to other people always think that they can. The world's great psychologists still haven't found a solution for that.

Perhaps the roots of this attitude go all the way back to the time when Philippe was the only person visiting these English Zones. He could start a new thread for every thought he had, and the only person to reply to them was Philippe himself. No-one ever contradicted him. He never had to listen to anyone. The English Zones were his private playground.

Then we (Ajax USA) invaded the place. Since that day, Philippe has seized literally every opportunity to moan about our houserules and act as if he's become the victim of some sort of a dictatorship. The tone of his posts is almost always aggrieved and negative. Never one enthusiastic word about, for example, a beautiful goal or anything. Moaning, moaning, moaning, about Ajax, about Jaakke, about Ten Cate, about the way we (Ajax USA) moderate these boards -- about everything, really.

The funny thing is: these zones were absolutely dead and we seem to have built a very nice and very respectful Ajax USA community here. Many people here have made new friends through Ajax USA and these discussion boards. I for one definitely have. The Ajax Talk team seem to like what we're doing and almost everybody seems to have a good time here. Except for, of course, Philippe. It's essentially the same thing as with the Blind issue.

In general, if there are a hundred happy people around you, and you are the only bitter one, there are two things you can do:

1. stamp your feet, claim that things are shit and repeat that statement two million times, like a grumpy mantra, in order to stress your point.
2. look into the mirror and ask yourself the question: is it possible that my bitterness tells me someting about my own attitude?

Option 1 is the only option that Philippe knows, and he will go for it until the day he dies. And the bad news for everybody else is: he's got the right to do so. Negativity is not a crime, so I'm afraid there's nothing we can do.

K.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do sep 21, 2006 11:46 am

jamcocteau schreef:
philippe schreef:
nice to read that Rosenberg is back and scores ! :xyxthumbs:

:X

roche
Contacteer:

Bericht door roche » do sep 21, 2006 1:58 pm

I saw a "Rijkaard" in the team sheet for young RKC...any relation?
"Just one more...then I'll quit...forever"

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do sep 21, 2006 2:39 pm

I feel for you Philippe, as this whole thing should stop. His opinion, different from everyone elses, so let's stop being asses to each other. If us Ajax fans are like this here (even on the internet) imagine how the team, everyday training together, different nationalties , backgrounds etc., must cope with different personalities. As a team they want us fans to be united, as they should be too.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 21, 2006 2:51 pm

Roche schreef:I saw a "Rijkaard" in the team sheet for young RKC...any relation?
Nope. No relation.

K.
Still alive...

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » do sep 21, 2006 3:02 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Roche schreef:I saw a "Rijkaard" in the team sheet for young RKC...any relation?
Nope. No relation.

K.
Actually, there is. This kid is Frank's cousin.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 21, 2006 3:12 pm

Bertje schreef:Actually, there is. This kid is Frank's cousin.
You're shitting me... In that case I've been watching the wrong one. The guy I thought was Rijkaard was as white as a bottle of milk... :D

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do sep 21, 2006 4:38 pm

Strong but true words from K, just like the strong words Ten Cate gave too the press about the players on the bench. In the end hard,strong words but very true :yes: .

Anybody got a video of the handball ??? Quite odd from Grygera but hey he's human too... :yes: Right ??

lets forget about this one as fast a as we can.

PD: out off all the bench players who do you guy's think was the least shity ??
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 21, 2006 5:02 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:PD: out off all the bench players who do you guy's think was the least shity ??
Rosenberg. He scored twice and gave one assist, and he was fairly energetic. He wasn't great, but he was one of the very few players who more or less did the business.

K.
Still alive...

Arwin

Bericht door Arwin » do sep 21, 2006 5:36 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Bertje schreef:Actually, there is. This kid is Frank's cousin.
You're shitting me... In that case I've been watching the wrong one. The guy I thought was Rijkaard was as white as a bottle of milk... :D

K.
Bertje is right. They told us this on Talpa yesterday.. :yes:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do sep 21, 2006 6:59 pm

We should try not to stigmatise philipe...Im sure he loves Ajax just as much as we do. Although I dont agree with his views...but would love to take it up for discussion with him. Btw how old are you philipe(with all due respect)?

andy

Bericht door andy » za sep 23, 2006 5:20 pm

Ajax should probably find one of those personal motivator guys to lift up their fighting spirt. A team like Young RKC should be a team that we could thrash easily. One thing I would like to know, how was Perez perfomance?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 23, 2006 6:44 pm

andy schreef:One thing I would like to know, how was Perez perfomance?
Not good.

He scored a goal, but otherwise he was as apathetic as the rest...

K.
Still alive...

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » za sep 23, 2006 6:57 pm

I dunno I thought he played intelligently, I loved the way he passed the ball a couple of times... it always looked dangerous.

Plaats reactie