28 Sep 2006: Ajax - IK Start

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr sep 29, 2006 2:31 am

The first three goals were of excellent quality, Rosenberg´s second and Grygera´s were the best ones, i thought the fourth goal was after a clear foul but who cares?? good result, good game, and a confidence booster for the bench boys :xyxthumbs: :headbang:

Next tuesday will be an interesting day ;)
Laatst gewijzigd door Venezuelan Ajacied op vr sep 29, 2006 1:23 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr sep 29, 2006 10:54 am

Well done, Ajax. Ten Cate's little game worked: they worked hard and they really tried to put up a good show. And the first half was, in my opinion. They made the most out of it.

Anyways - here's a report:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... e-4-0.html

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 29, 2006 2:06 pm

As usual, great report. Nothing like a little healthy competition amongst teammates to inspire the regular starters.

I realize that there is still a long way to go this season, but I'm impressed with the overall attitude of this club. It seems like HtC really has a plan, whereas Koeman and Blind didn't. He really has a vision for Ajax, and he is doing his best to get them there.

Even if they don't acheive all their goals this season, as long as they progress throughout the season, I'll be (mostly) pleased. There are a lot of bad habits to undo, and that takes time.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 30, 2006 4:09 pm

Oh yeah, I have to tell you this story...

In my IK Start profile on Ajax USA I wrote: "This changed in the 1970s, the by far most glorious decade for the club. (...) The club's undisputed superstar and fan hero of that era was Svein Mathisen, who played 663 league games for Start and is the club's top goalscorer of all time (106 goals)."

After Ajax vs IK Start we were sitting outside, in front of a pub named Coco's (Rembrandtplein), getting pissed up with some Norwegian fans, some of whom we had met in Oslo. All of a sudden they were all excited. Turned out that Svein Mathisen (IK Start's equivalent of Johan Cruyff or Dennis Bergkamp) was walking by. Some of the fans had their picture taken with him and he autographed some jerseys and stuff.

The Norwegians told us: "This is Svein Mathisen. You probably never heard of him over here, but he's a true IK Start legend."

So I said: "You kidding me? Of course I know him: Norwegian international, 663 games for IK Start!" (for some silly reason I remembered the exact number, because I had written it in my profile). The man was absolutely flabbergasted: some half-pissed Ajax fan in Amsterdam who knew the exact number of games he played for Start. :D :D

F*ck - I wouldn't even know how many games Cruyff or Van Basten played for Ajax. :D

Anyway - very nice to meet him. Friendly man. He was there on behalf of some Norwegian TV station and he remembered playing AZ back in the early 1980s. We've been to Norway and the home game, we went out with their fans and we got to shake hands with the club icon... I guess we had the full IK Start experience!

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za sep 30, 2006 8:34 pm

That was pretty cool Menno, its sounds like it was a good atmosphere....well I wish IK Start all the best and hopefully next season we will meet them in the champions league, and if that happens I want to join your party if its alright with you :bis:

Plaats reactie