21 Jan 2007: Ajax - FC Utrecht

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo jan 21, 2007 1:43 pm

rjf1 schreef:I wouldn't mind seeing a replacement for Gabri. Maybe seeing it on video stream you don't get the big picture, but the part I can see, it doesn't seem like he's really in the game.

he was quite influential in the baginning phases, not so much since he limped off late in the first half

great save by stek on a good FK! gabor who?
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo jan 21, 2007 1:46 pm

i see something different in us today; we are now sending passes to where defenders arent and running to it instead of trying to squeeze the impossible pass in... very encouraging

here comes leonardo
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jan 21, 2007 3:52 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:here comes leonardo
Is it just me or does this guy have some seriously negative body language? He was constantly moaning and making little annoying gestures if a team-mate didn't pass the ball to him... He did have a few good moves and runs, though, but he also seemed to have pretty poor stamina.

All in all, a pretty good performance from Ajax. They played well in the first half, but they also allowed Utrecht a few chances. The second half was a bit tepid, but Ajax were solid, Utrecht never created anything and Ajax had a handful of chances to score. Well done, all in all. Like Bluedaddy says: B+.

Men of the Match: Sneijder and De Mul.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo jan 21, 2007 5:42 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
bluedaddy19 schreef:here comes leonardo
He did have a few good moves and runs, though, but he also seemed to have pretty poor stamina.
All in all, a pretty good performance from Ajax. They played well in the first half, but they also allowed Utrecht a few chances. The second half was a bit tepid, but Ajax were solid,

K.
:headbang: :headbang:
Yeh.. a solid performance, but we were expecting better! Perhaps the lack of atmosphere was down to the roof being closed and the wacky baccy?
The team should have set the crowd alight; this only happened after the two cracking goals by Heitinger and Sneijder, and during the last ten minutes when Leonardo, who was TOTALLY KNACKERED after each run, encouraged De Mul to do the same!
I would have liked to have seen Leonardo, De Mul and Babel as the strike force!
What's everyone else's view?
(The beer gets even better!!! Thanks Ray!!)
:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » zo jan 21, 2007 8:19 pm

Match report is up:

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... n-2-0.html

I wonder if those of you who were in the stadium will agree with my descriptions of the atmosphere. I watched it on TV with Sean and Ryan (though they took turns playing their Gameboy after the first 20 minutes).

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jan 21, 2007 9:24 pm

ajaxusa schreef:I wonder if those of you who were in the stadium will agree with my descriptions of the atmosphere. I watched it on TV with Sean and Ryan (though they took turns playing their Gameboy after the first 20 minutes).
Absolutely.

A tepid atmopshere is not unusual at the Amsterdam ArenA during the average league game, but the fact that it was even more tepid this time also had to do with the fact that there were no travelling Utrecht fans. They decided to 'boycott' the game (they didn't feel like travelling on a train combi, apparently). No away fans... always kills the atmosphere.

You seemed to be unaware of this, so I've been a sassy old editor and added a tiny little sentence to your match report... :blush:

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo jan 21, 2007 9:32 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
ajaxusa schreef:I wonder if those of you who were in the stadium will agree with my descriptions of the atmosphere. I watched it on TV with Sean and Ryan (though they took turns playing their Gameboy after the first 20 minutes).
Absolutely.

A tepid atmopshere is not unusual at the Amsterdam ArenA during the average league game, but the fact that it was even more tepid this time also had to do with the fact that there were no travelling Utrecht fans. They decided to 'boycott' the game (they didn't feel like travelling on a train combi, apparently). No away fans... always kills the atmosphere.

You seemed to be unaware of this, so I've been a sassy old editor and added a tiny little sentence to your match report... :blush:

K.
Just finshed watching the Setanta 1 broadcast "as live" (and I didn't even realise, I could have watched live on Setanta 2 which I've got starting today), Good start and result but the atmosphere was dead dead dead. I even got up and made a sandwich during the game - unheard of.

Went to see the mighty Blackpool win 1-0 at Orient yesterday though - bit of a footy-fest weekend for me, this one :xyxthumbs:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo jan 21, 2007 11:05 pm

I went to the game with my Nigerian friend Sonny, who is a former Ajax academy player. He laughed from the first minute to the last, I'm not sure if this is a good or bad sign. However we did agree that Tom de Mul is faster even that Tijani Babangida. He looked top-class in the first half, with that kind of pace and close control he could bother any defence in the world. Slightly off the pace in the second-half and he needs to learn some composure in front of goal, but I'm excited by de Mul - he could develop into the real deal.

Plaats reactie