Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

19 Mar 2008: PSV - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mar 02, 2008 5:46 pm

A win - and we're back in business!

Good thing: PSV play their UEFA Cup away game at Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday evening! (and the return leg immediately after the Ajax match)

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op ma mar 10, 2008 12:48 pm, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

Jeroen126

Re: 09 Mar 2008: PSV - Ajax

Bericht door Jeroen126 » zo mar 02, 2008 6:10 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:A win - and we're back in business!

Good thing: PSV play their UEFA Cup away game at Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday evening! (and the return leg immediately after the Ajax match)

K.
Now or never. If the team doesn't come out fighting and concentrated on sunday, end of season, if not, we might actually win some silverware in such a terrible season.

Number9

Bericht door Number9 » ma mar 03, 2008 1:58 am

:syl.gif:

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma mar 03, 2008 11:59 am

:onfire.gif: :onfire.gif: :onfire.gif:

They're looking over their shoulders.......let's hope Ajax can take advantage of this weekend's good fortune!!!

BELIEVE!!!!!

34 will always be with us

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma mar 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Ah crap I'll be away camping for the weekend so I can't watch it. I expect good news when I get home on Monday!

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di mar 04, 2008 3:12 am

Chugger schreef:Ah crap I'll be away camping for the weekend so I can't watch it. I expect good news when I get home on Monday!
Same thing for me... I'll be snowboarding in Colorado (cuz I'm just that cool. Here's a snap from Thursday's trip to Tahoe, taken moments before I tumbled ass over tet down the hill), but interestingly enough, the game is being shown here in the States on Setanta US on early MONDAY morning (6:45am Eastern), so it works out OK for me. I'll just watch it before work.

Just don't expect Ajax USA to get updated until Monday. :blush.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di mar 04, 2008 1:13 pm

ajaxusa schreef:Same thing for me... I'll be snowboarding in Colorado (cuz I'm just that cool. Here's a snap from Thursday's trip to Tahoe, taken moments before I tumbled ass over tet down the hill), but interestingly enough, the game is being shown here in the States on Setanta US on early MONDAY morning (6:45am Eastern), so it works out OK for me. I'll just watch it before work.

Well... since we're talking about what we're doing... I'm missing it for this so I don't feel too gutted.

:headbang.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mar 04, 2008 2:50 pm

ajaxusa schreef:
Chugger schreef:Ah crap I'll be away camping for the weekend so I can't watch it. I expect good news when I get home on Monday!
Same thing for me... I'll be snowboarding in Colorado (cuz I'm just that cool. Here's a snap from Thursday's trip to Tahoe, taken moments before I tumbled ass over tet down the hill), but interestingly enough, the game is being shown here in the States on Setanta US on early MONDAY morning (6:45am Eastern), so it works out OK for me. I'll just watch it before work.

Jim-

Where are you going in CO?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » do mar 06, 2008 10:32 pm

Hoping for an Ajax win, but putting my money on the other guys.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mar 06, 2008 11:45 pm

Monkey Tonk schreef:Hoping for an Ajax win, but putting my money on the other guys.
What kind of odds are you getting?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » vr mar 07, 2008 7:05 am

psv +120
or asian handicap psv pk/-0.5 -110

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr mar 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Monkey Tonk schreef:psv +120
or asian handicap psv pk/-0.5 -110
Thanks. IIRC Bodog had PSV + 120, Ajax + 220 and the draw + 220.

:(
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr mar 07, 2008 10:36 pm

The latest news looks like Luque and Urzaiz (really?) are doubts for PSV. Lindgren is out with a hamstring injury. Perez has recovered from the flu earlier in the week, but Koster has yet to decide whether to go with Perez or de Jong.

I would like to have Lindgren, but otherwise, the injury situation could be much worse for this game. I think Perez and de Jong can both contribute and probably should on Sunday. Hopefully we're rid of inconsistency and come out to cut the points lead to 3 points Sunday.

:ajax.gif:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za mar 08, 2008 5:36 am

gordonvandekamp schreef:The latest news looks like Luque and Urzaiz (really?) are doubts for PSV. Lindgren is out with a hamstring injury. Perez has recovered from the flu earlier in the week, but Koster has yet to decide whether to go with Perez or de Jong.

I would like to have Lindgren, but otherwise, the injury situation could be much worse for this game. I think Perez and de Jong can both contribute and probably should on Sunday. Hopefully we're rid of inconsistency and come out to cut the points lead to 3 points Sunday.

:ajax.gif:
I can already see Perez scoring twice against the light bulbs :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: go AJAX !!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mar 08, 2008 10:00 am

F*ck this shit...

There is a very serious chance that the game will have to be called off, due to... guess what... another police strike. The police unions are still at war with the minister. They want a considerable pay-raise (which I can understand, in itself: Dutch policemen have a scandalously low income; you might as well be unemployed), but they're not getting it.

Ajax have decided to sue the two major police unions, because they once again decided to bring their point across by sabotaging major football games (and the same four clubs will be the primary victims). Is it a coincidence that they once again chose a 'Super Sunday'...? Don't think so. Good decision from Ajax. We've already been the victims of a police strike, as much I can sympathize with their point. But this time they should go and make their point somewhere else.

Lawsuit is today. More news when it happens.

K.
Still alive...

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za mar 08, 2008 10:05 am

If the match will be canceled, it's another good news for psv..

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mar 08, 2008 10:21 am

Van basten schreef:If the match will be canceled, it's another good news for psv..
Yup.

That's why Ajax have decided to sue the police, whereas PSV has issued a statement saying something like: "We hope the match will be played, but a lawsuit is a bit exaggerated."

No encounter with Ajax in between the two Spurs games... That wouldn't be bad for them.

K.
Still alive...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » za mar 08, 2008 11:26 am

It's not just that the moment between the Spurs games is an advantage for Ajax, it's also that the sooner we close in on them in the ranking, the more chance there is of them panicking and dropping more points. The match will now be delayed to a point where it hardly matters anymore.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mar 08, 2008 4:03 pm

Arthur schreef:It's not just that the moment between the Spurs games is an advantage for Ajax, it's also that the sooner we close in on them in the ranking, the more chance there is of them panicking and dropping more points. The match will now be delayed to a point where it hardly matters anymore.
100% agreed. It's a fucking disgrace, this. Very bad news for Ajax in every thinkable way.

K.
Still alive...

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » za mar 08, 2008 5:47 pm

It's official: No psv-Ajax tomorrow. Disgusting.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mar 08, 2008 6:32 pm

Goddammit.

Very pissed off.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 08, 2008 8:06 pm

Either the 19 March or 17 April are possible dates.

26 March internationals. 3rd and 10 April UEFA Cup quarters if PSV beat spurs.This weeks PSV Spurs game could be off and that could be played 19 March so 17 April 3 days before the final fixtures!!!!

Curse the police!!

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » za mar 08, 2008 9:08 pm

I truly believe Ajax dodges a bullet here. We'll get 'm later.

With psv continuing its UEFA-cup journey, they are likely to drop points in the meantime.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo mar 09, 2008 4:03 pm

SOD the F**king Police...sorry..police, they don't deserve a capital letter....should go to another country where they're paid more and can't strike! If they want to be Police Officers, they should accept the terms they're Fu**king well given......I'd love their job...I have to pay for my Season card to watch the matches...they get it for FREE!!! (OK, I won't be allowed into Holland again......!!!!)

That's our chance gone of winning the title now......all because of those sodding bastards in blue........!

I'll be back next week....but Ko, you'll probably need to bail me out at Schiphol..........

:1evil.gif: :1evil.gif: :1evil.gif:
34 will always be with us

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo mar 09, 2008 6:34 pm

I actually think this pause can help us...it means that we may be able to get even closer to PSv by the team the game comes around..it could be a kind of final i we can shave another 3 points before the clash...off course it could also be the other way around...we could start fucking up again and be twelve points behind the light bilbs when we pay them a visit again..so i think its just up to us....PSV will loose some points on the way, im sure of it, we need to keep the pressure on and gain some ground then go for the kill when the time comes... :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Plaats reactie