09 Aug 2008: Ajax - Internazionale

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

09 Aug 2008: Ajax - Internazionale

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Amsterdam Tourney, match 2. Kick-off: 21.15 CET.

Mind you: there's no day in between. This one will be played the day after Ajax v Arsenal.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Re: 09 Aug 2008: Ajax - Internazionale

Bericht door aveslacker » di aug 05, 2008 10:40 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Amsterdam Tourney, match 2. Kick-off: 21.15 CET.

Mind you: there's no day in between. This one will be played the day after Ajax v Arsenal.

K.
I think a good result is no injuries. Other than that, I'm not too bothered about it.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo aug 06, 2008 7:55 am

It would be so nice to see some original teams appearing in this comp.

Keep dreaming I guess.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 06, 2008 7:58 am

DanK schreef:It would be so nice to see some original teams appearing in this comp.

Keep dreaming I guess.
It's unbelievable. The fourth club to participate is Sevilla. When that name popped up Ajax fans were all thinking: "Ah, nice one: a club we haven't played in a while (if ever)." But guess what? We play Arsenal and Inter... again.

I'm not going and I won't be watching TV either. I'll be at the Haldern Pop festuval, just across the border in Germany. I can't be arsed at all.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo aug 06, 2008 9:04 am

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

I suggest that we put out the weakest team possible for this tournament, especially if Wenger's "asassins" like Abou Diaby are coming! (That wasn't a tackle --- it was an assault!!!)
Let's see Luque and his misfits playing!!!
34 will always be with us

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo aug 06, 2008 10:01 am

Speaking of Wenger, some quote of my fellow-countryman after the AT last year :

“I was very disappointed with some of the (Ajax) challenges. I think some players were a little bit overboard, but we kept our nerve”

About a Heitinga tacke on Van Persie : "I was very disappointed by this tackle, but he looks all right at the moment."

Funny, isn't it ?
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo aug 06, 2008 12:11 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:Speaking of Wenger, some quote of my fellow-countryman after the AT last year :

“I was very disappointed with some of the (Ajax) challenges. I think some players were a little bit overboard, but we kept our nerve”

About a Heitinga tacke on Van Persie : "I was very disappointed by this tackle, but he looks all right at the moment."

Funny, isn't it ?
Yeah, as if Arsenal during the EMirates Cup were innocent.
Get a Cock

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo aug 06, 2008 2:30 pm

I think Wegner is a talented manager. Actually one of the best, but imo he is the biggest sook and sorest loser in the history of football.

It's ALWAYS the other team or player or manager or whatever. Can't stand watching the guy give post game interviews.

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » wo aug 06, 2008 3:03 pm

I think he's a hypocrite.

Screaming 'Murder & Fire' (Dutch saying) after the Eduardo-incident. Well mr. Wenger, what are you waiting for, why don't you keep Diaby sidelined until Sneijder has recovered from hin injury after this 'criminal action'.

Wondering why Arsenal aren't getting the respect 'they deserve' for playing youth players instead of buying top players. Well mr. Wenger, I have more respect for clubs paying a hefty sum for a good player than clubs who steal (what more you can call those bargain-prices) the most talented youth players from all around the world and leave their clubs with virtually no money and no quality...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo aug 06, 2008 7:22 pm

To add to the bitching about Arsenal; great English club but no great English player! Except a decent Walcott who wasn't a trained youth!

But we must respect them in some ways for Having Bergkamp...Overmars...
Get a Cock

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo aug 06, 2008 9:50 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:To add to the bitching about Arsenal; great English club but no great English player! Except a decent Walcott who wasn't a trained youth!

But we must respect them in some ways for Having Bergkamp...Overmars...
When Bergkamp was in the team, Arsenal was my fav English club. No problem with them, it's Wegner that gives me the sh*ts

:smallgrin.gif:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za aug 09, 2008 8:24 pm

OK, so we're one down already :1evil.gif: Where's Oleguer and who's that playing in his place?
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » za aug 09, 2008 8:27 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:OK, so we're one down already :1evil.gif: Where's Oleguer and who's that playing in his place?
The replacement of Oleguer (who was pretty poor yesterday) is Toby Adelweireld or something. Together with Van der Wiel in central defense.

Its Young Ajax playing tonight (without Perez though :smallgrin.gif: )

But I expect a hammering....

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za aug 09, 2008 8:32 pm

GangstaRiB schreef: or something.
OK thanks, I guessed that he was from Yong Ajax, I'm pleased I'm not the only one who's not familiar with his name :blush.gif:

Just for once, thanks to SBS6 TV, the picture on my screen is really good, a shame the game won't be though will be interesting to watch the youngsters.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 09, 2008 8:50 pm

At least these kids are playing tough football!!! Nice to see Figo getting taken down.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » za aug 09, 2008 9:45 pm

OK chaps, how are they playing?
I'm at work and haven't folloed it at all...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za aug 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Ajax have the ball but don't create any danger. Some chances for Inter in the first quarter of the second half. The pace is really slow I think.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SydAjax
Contacteer:

Bericht door SydAjax » za aug 09, 2008 9:59 pm

Wow, you can hear a pin drop in the ArenA tonight...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za aug 09, 2008 10:06 pm

A distincy lack of movement and pace throughout the team. Still seem to be missing that one player that can do something out of the ordinary and turn a game.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SydAjax
Contacteer:

Bericht door SydAjax » za aug 09, 2008 10:30 pm

I didnt think i'd say this type of thing when Ajax first signed him, but I think that person may be Aissati. Great moves from him in both games, lots of energy and very creative as well.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo aug 10, 2008 9:22 am

SydAjax schreef:I didnt think i'd say this type of thing when Ajax first signed him, but I think that person may be Aissati. Great moves from him in both games, lots of energy and very creative as well.
:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

...well let's just hope that he's been kept back for the first game, because what they've produced so far is ...... of a low standard, to say the least! STILL, they were warm-up games....

Let's think positive......again!
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 10, 2008 11:07 am

A bit of eye opener for 19 year old Belgium lad Toby Alderweireld. Never been in the first team squad before yesterday and was due to play for our Jong v Az jong but was called into our squad.

The lad probably expected to sit on the bench but faced up to Adriano and
Zlatan, 2 world class players. Overall he did well once he settled down.(Should point out that he was only called up because Vito Wormgoor another young talent was injured) Van der Weil, who has been injured since last November looked ok to me, given the class of opposition.

We never looked like winning and Inter look a better team than Arsenal
from these 2 games.

I think it will have done Ajax players good to come up against such class players. Javier Martina did ok on the right but the Inter left back is one of the best around. Slijngard still reminds me of Urby(must be the hair )

The 3 unwanted players Ogararu Leonardo and Rommedahl all gave their best although I felt sorry for Rommedahl who had to play midfield.

One last thing Vurnon Anita came on and looked a far better midfielder than centre back.

Overall these games show we are still light in centre defence but the experience will have done the youngsters a lot of good .

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 10, 2008 12:53 pm

I only watched 20 minutes of Ajax v Arsenal and not a single second of Ajax v Inter, but I am not shocked by these results. Arsenal's season is about to begin, whereas the start of our season is three weeks away.

Inter? Many people we were going to get hammered with such a young line-up, but we didn't. We lost 0-1. Predictable, but not something to be ashamed of. Arsenal and Inter are not the teams we should beat. We are lightyears away from the European top - and it's not where we have to be. It's not Ajax's standard, plain simple.

What we want is a Dutch title and a nice run in the UEFA Cup. I totally believe in that, 100% (if we land one more defender, that is). I am convinced we will be a lot better than last season and the season before.

I don't care about these two defeats at all, to be quite honest.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo aug 10, 2008 4:11 pm

I wanted Ajax to do well if only for the confidence factor. I was sorry we blew a 2-nil v. Arsenal . That said, Jose Mourinho was spot on when , after Inter's 0:0 v. Sevilla, he said " we had a nice training session". At the end of the day, that's what those games were . Just glorified training sessions. That said, I definitely would like to see an experienced defender brought in.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma aug 11, 2008 8:43 am

I don't understand why fans are expected to pay €40 a pop to watch extended training sessions.

Plaats reactie