18 Feb 2010: Ajax - Juventus FC

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: 18 Feb 2010: Ajax - Juventus FC

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 18, 2010 7:50 pm

1-1 at the half. I'm surprised at how slow Juventus is. We seem to be running rings around their midfield and back line. Bad defending gave up the tie goal. Suarez should have won a penalty when Cheilini pulled him down in the box. Lots of yellow cards handed out and it won't be surprising to see someone sent off before the match is over. By and large we have looked like the more dangerous team, just a pity that one lapse gives up a goal.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do feb 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Can't believe Toby missed from 4 metres..

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do feb 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Would go along with you Orange.

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » do feb 18, 2010 8:00 pm

We have looked pretty decent and should really be ahead. Poor miss from Toby with a free header, and Suarez should definatly have had a penalty. Class goal from Sulejmani, really well taken and he also appears to have lost some weight.

Have to say that giving away the away goal could well be the turning point, but let's see what happens as I think we can get more goals against what is otherwise a very average Juve team.

:blub.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Our old friend Grygera has come on for Juve in the second half.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do feb 18, 2010 8:21 pm

totally undeserved fuck off
O tempora o mores

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do feb 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Can anyone post a link for live streaming please???

Thanks in advance!
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » do feb 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Vertonghen has been out-jumped for both Juve goals.

Not looking good now :(

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do feb 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Channel - 74174 of Sopcast
O tempora o mores

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 18, 2010 8:38 pm

de Jong almost took the goal post down. Unlucky with the shot.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 18, 2010 8:55 pm

It pains me to say that the better team lost today. I missed the 2nd goal as I was on a telephone call (work sucks when Ajax are on). We pressed forward all evening in a manner that I haven't seen this season. Inconsistent officiating cost us and Salihadizic's red card came too late to impact the match. Still angry at the no call on Suarez in the fist half but that's life. It will be very difficult to come back after conceding the two away goals. I imagine that Juve will be content to play for a draw next week. Don't know if it was Vertonghen's unfamiliarity of being on the outside, but he did miss the mark on Amauri on the first goal.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do feb 18, 2010 8:56 pm

This was the weakest Juventus i have seen in my life, and we still lose.. That says something about us. No Suarez in away match, so we pretty much can even not go to that game.

P.S. Is Lodeiro another 'great' signing?

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do feb 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Fuck it. I reckon we played pretty well. But this is what happens when you support a 'second-string' side -- we just weren't good enough to put the ball in the net. Typical stuff from Juventus, cynical as always. 3 or 4 shots the entire game and two goals. So we have to score two in Turin. I guess we're out.

P.S. I'd forgotten how useless the ESPN commentators are having watched on SopCast for the last few years. Tommy Smyth! It's like he's watching a different game...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Van basten schreef:This was the weakest Juventus i have seen in my life, and we still lose.. That says something about us. No Suarez in away match, so we pretty much can even not go to that game.

P.S. Is Lodeiro another 'great' signing?
I think it's too early to say anything about Lodeiro. He has to beat out players who have been with the club all year. It will be tough without our Captain and maybe Jol will throw Suk into the match and see what he can do.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do feb 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Orange14 schreef:It pains me to say that the better team lost today. I missed the 2nd goal as I was on a telephone call (work sucks when Ajax are on). We pressed forward all evening in a manner that I haven't seen this season. Inconsistent officiating cost us and Salihadizic's red card came too late to impact the match. Still angry at the no call on Suarez in the fist half but that's life. It will be very difficult to come back after conceding the two away goals. I imagine that Juve will be content to play for a draw next week. Don't know if it was Vertonghen's unfamiliarity of being on the outside, but he did miss the mark on Amauri on the first goal.
That's really the story with Ajax and Juventus. Ajax almost always earns the credits for the performance, but Juventus take away the points..... It's a football law.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do feb 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Well the better team did lose but both goals were poor defending . Vertonghen has evidently been impressing Barca , not after tonight . Where was the 2 central defenders when the goals went in?
Oleguer , who knows but Toby was out at right back position . Why? Because imo Vd Wiel is not agood defender.Great at going forward. I know he pushed forward more after their goals but I do not think he is a great defender .

Next week I would play both Suk and Eriksen stick Vd Wiel at right wing and let Anita play right back .

NB Juve played typical old Italian footy ie cynical and should have given away a penalty before half time when Suarez had his shirt pulled .

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do feb 18, 2010 10:58 pm

Absolutely agree with both of SPL and GangstaRiB.

We were in charge in the midfield but let down by the quality of our defenders and forwards (although I thought de Jong had a good game, despite the ESPN commentators sounding fairly unimpressed with him).

But that's pretty much the same old story isn't it. Juve play their bullshit tactics, we outplay them but their individual players have a bit too much quality for us, e.g. that Amauri bloke really is massive, and excellent in the air...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr feb 19, 2010 9:05 am

Chugger schreef:Absolutely agree with both of SPL and GangstaRiB.

We were in charge in the midfield but let down by the quality of our defenders and forwards (although I thought de Jong had a good game, despite the ESPN commentators sounding fairly unimpressed with him).

But that's pretty much the same old story isn't it. Juve play their bullshit tactics, we outplay them but their individual players have a bit too much quality for us, e.g. that Amauri bloke really is massive, and excellent in the air...
Well.. De Jong wasn't really impressing. Sure, he got his chances, but he was 85 mins. invisible. And that is what counts in my opinion.

The ones that really disappointed me were De Zeeuw and Enoh. De Zeeuw was the responsible one of the first goal. Enoh was playing reckless.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr feb 19, 2010 11:10 am

We were the better side by far, and totally outplayed them, so there is nothing to be ashamed of. Ajax played like Ajax. And the referee cheated us of at least one penalty, and that’s the juventus way to win games.
Stats : 19 Shots on target to 4
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie