2-1 Dolberg

Ayman

Re: 24 DEC 2017; Ajax - Willem II; Match Day 18

Bericht door Ayman » zo dec 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Neres 3-1 game, set and match!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Great hold up by Siem and then the delicate pass to Neres. Should ice things now.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 24, 2017 4:25 pm

A game of 2 halves. My wife knicked teh chrome book just as we let them score and I was really fed up but Kluivert's goal woke us up and the Neres came into his own MOM .

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo dec 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Much better second half for Neres. Congrats to Michael Reizeger (one of my all time favorite Ajax players) on his first win!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo dec 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Did well to turn that around. Willem II aren’t as bad as 14th position makes them sound.

Think Ziyech proved he can’t score from *anywhere* in the last few minutes!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Just looking at those goals again ,really beautiful end to what has been a very sad year.The 2 wingers changed things but Siem did well and had a good header and set up Neres for the 3rd goal which killed it off.

The other week when we had basically 2 defenders we let Twente score 3 but after Willem scored we just had Veltman and de LIgt with Frenkie and Schone playing back deeper.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 24, 2017 4:40 pm

No question that Neres is the MOTM for his really fine play in the 2nd half. Ajax finally came to life after conceding the goal on the fine counter attack by Willem II and put three goals in the net for what was a pretty flattering score. The first half was very disappointing with a lot of turnovers and poor passing. The club goes into the winter break in second place with a steep hill still to climb to get back into the title chase. Let's hope that Dolberg just got a slight ankle sprain in the final minute of the match and recovers quickly as Ajax don't need any more injuries.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the manager position in the new year.

Player Ratings:

Onana (7) - made one fine save but had very little to do as Willem II pretty much gave up with ten minutes left
Dijks (6.5) - quite a nice match until coming off after Ajax went down by a goal
de Ligt (7) - solid and not afraid to maraud up the field with the ball when the space is open
Veltman (7) - decent enough
F de Jong (7) - forced to play LB when Dijks went out and didn't miss a beat; still want him in a more advanced role
Schöne (6.5) - OK match for me
Ziyech (6.5) - a couple of nice passes and a stinging shot that was well saved; definitely better than in the cup match
van de Beek (5.5) - really should have put the shot away early in the match
Kluivert (6) - great goal but surprisingly mediocre the rest of the time with lots of turnovers
Huntelaar (5.5) - seldom involved and came off with a calf injury
Neres (7.5) - just a fine match and for me still the best field vision of any player on the squad
Dolberg (6.5) - made sure of goal on the Neres pass but shot wildly a couple of other times
S de Jong (7) - good diving header that was saved and then the great hold up and slide pass to Neres for goal #3
Johnsen (NR) - on late for Neres and had one touch but that was it

Open up with Feyenoord after the winter break which should be interesting. Let's hope that all the players carrying injuries recover and that the management situation is resolved. This is our club and we watch because we have to!!!! :ajaxscarf.gif:

Happy holidays to all and I guess we will be posting a little more than normal during the break about the management.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 24, 2017 5:07 pm

Onana nearly gave away a goal so 6.5 from me but agree the rest.Thanks for your ratings over the year.

Felt like 1995 today with v d Sar Overmars Reiziger and Bogarde and Kluivert a goal.

A strange and emotional year with the Europa Final and all the British press full of Ajax and what we have done for the game and achieved plus of course they praised our youth policy.

Then came July 8th and the utter sadness in Austria and stunning news on 13th July that a beautiful football and person was brain dead. I watched a lot of him last season and still cannot take in what has happened.

Thankfully for the last 30 mins today we saw beautiful attacking football from Ajax.The club is still magical and special in my heart and I will come over in 2018 to worship in the Johan Cruijff Arena .

My wishes for Ajax in 2018,win the title and that Appie wakes up and recognises his family.

Stay Strong Appie ,This silly old Englishman will not forget you.

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » ma dec 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Gah. I had to drive to Oregon with the family yesterday morning. I got up early and watched the first half, and then we had to hit the road. Looks like I watched the wrong half of football. Glad to see Ajax get the three points.
Mark it 8, Dude.

Plaats reactie