28 JAN 2018; Utrecht - Ajax; Match Day 20

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: 28 JAN 2018; Utrecht - Ajax; Match Day 20

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 28, 2018 7:24 pm

I think its because he used no subs and today it was like a game under de Boer.Utrecht did get away with a lot of fouls and the pitch was not fit for top footy but we were simply dreadful.

Our season finished by early September,out of Europe,2 early loses in the league and we are playing catch up.We are going to finish 2nd as PSV may drop points but so will we.

Hope Labyad does not get signed, didn't do much and he is nothing special.

ferry

Bericht door ferry » zo jan 28, 2018 8:02 pm

I don't know what to make of this 'performance'. I realize everything starts with a solid defense and defensive organization, but this was a bit too much on the careful side, wasn't it? Attacking build up was way too slow to cause any concern for Utrecht, apart from a few chances. (Huntelaar's header and the scrimmage in front of the Utrecht goal late in the 2nd half come to mind)

I think Ten Hag might be the right man for the job, despite his cringeworthy interviews. (The man attended some soft-skills management training courses) But he seems to have a vision and I also like that his assistent (Schreuder) worked with someone in Germany who got praise for using new training methods. I'd like to see what that might turn into.

Having said that; today wasn't great. What happened to Schone? Ziyech is still pretty good in phases until something makes him believe he can score from distance. And why does he take the free kicks?! :1evil.gif:

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » zo jan 28, 2018 11:01 pm

Ayman schreef:Wow! Everyone already going for ten Hag's head! It's only his second game! He just started, hardly had adequate time, unlike his two predecessors. Give the guy a chance!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 29, 2018 12:38 am

Ferry schreef:I don't know what to make of this 'performance'. I realize everything starts with a solid defense and defensive organization, but this was a bit too much on the careful side, wasn't it? Attacking build up was way too slow to cause any concern for Utrecht, apart from a few chances.
Utrecht had five players clogging up the MF and Ajax was baffled by this in the first half. ten Hag made no adjustments that I could see at half time.
I think Ten Hag might be the right man for the job, despite his cringeworthy interviews. (The man attended some soft-skills management training courses) But he seems to have a vision
I hope you and some of the other optimists are correct. All I saw was a team that played no differently from when Keizer was manager.
Having said that; today wasn't great. What happened to Schone?{/quote]
He can only play 60 minutes these days. Keizer often subbed him off at that point. Either he or Ziyech should have come off at half time and F de Jong moved into the MF.

[quote} Ziyech is still pretty good in phases until something makes him believe he can score from distance.
I can count the number of decent games Ziyech has played on one hand. Look at all the over weighted passes today. I don't mind him shooting from distance all that much but his passing has been quite poor. He also doesn't not have much field speed and is often caught from behind.

Anyway, this game is already in the books and for me the jury is still out on ten Hag. He was never my choice to begin with and will have to go a long way to show that he is worthy.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Agree with Orange on yesterday. Keizer was never the right choice but is Ten Hag any better!! Looking at yesterday I would say I have little confidence.

Siem de Jong must be wondering why he returned when he did not even get on yesterday.(most fans must also wonder why we signed him) And if Cassierra can offer nothing and thus a 34 year old KJH plays 90 mins then he too must wonder why he is here.

I will keep hoping that PSV drop points and we can turn things around but I have zero confidence in winning the title this season.

ferry

Bericht door ferry » ma jan 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Orange14 schreef:I hope you and some of the other optimists are correct. All I saw was a team that played no differently from when Keizer was manager. [...]

Anyway, this game is already in the books and for me the jury is still out on ten Hag. He was never my choice to begin with and will have to go a long way to show that he is worthy.
Just out of curiosity: who would have been your choice to replace Keizer? Or were you content with him?
Personally I wasn't a great fan of Keizer. It just seemed as if he was way out of his depth, ALL the time. From his panicked 'deer in the headlights' interviews to the lack of authority over his players. (or so it seemed)

I'm not saying Ten Hag is god's wonder and answer to all our problems, but I'm curious who would have had your preference to take charge.

I do agree that his apathy yesterday during the game was mind boggling. Why not make ANY subs? He said he didn't believe a substitution would have increased the chances to score a goal. But at least it would have given a signal to the team!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

My unrealistic choice was Thomas Tuchel, former Dortmund manager. I wanted a bold choice that showed adoration. Maybe ten Have works out, but it could also be about one and done like all the recent managers except de Boer.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Plaats reactie