20 Mar 2005: Ajax - PSV

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 20, 2005 7:09 pm

I agree with the above posts.

With 9 games to go and the season over a question for you regulars who watch them: Maxwell, Trabelsi and VDV have all said they are off at the end of the season, would you keep them in the team? It cannot be good for any team that 3 regulars are just going through the motions having said they are off.

I do not expect Ajax to drop these 3 but what purpose is being served by keeping them in the team?? Of the 3 VDV is not worth his place and hasn't been all season.I expect to see him at Sad Spurs next season because he surely wont get a top side.

After the 2002/03 season they were indeed written up as the next golden team but this season has sadly exposed that.

We will have to see some rebuilding as at least 8/9 of the current 23 man first team squad wont be around next season .

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 21, 2005 12:15 pm

Don't really have anything to say about yesterday's game. Jim's match report sums it all up:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m04-05/ ... -ajax.html

In general...

Every football supporter will remember the highlights of a season. Highlights, to me, can be two things:

1. moments of true brilliance or beauty (for example: brilliant goals, or Richard Witschge holding the ball up in the air nine times against Feyenoord)
2. a truly great win in a really big game (a win that causes brief euphoria)

Now, what has this season brought us?

One goal that I will remember forever (Zlatan against NAC) and literally not a single match that would fit into the second category. We lost twice to PSV, conceded an equalizer against Feyenoord, lost every away game in the Champions League and only won the very easiest of home games in that competition (Maccabi at home).

There hasn't been a single game that made me walk around with a big smile for the rest of the day. We've only seen very 'ordinary' wins. Every important game against serious opposition was a disappointment. There was never that little bit 'extra': that satisfied feeling that makes your beer taste sweet, that 'yes! this was really good!' type of feeling.

I suppose the very best game we've seen was Ajax vs NAC (6-2, including one truly brilliant goal). Otherwise it's been very ordinary, very mediocre, very grey. Nothing, absolutely nothing that's worth remembering.

On the other hand there has been a string of 'lows':

- squandering a 0-3 lead at Den Haag
- getting hammered 4-0 by Bayern Munich
- losing to Maccabi Tel Aviv
- having the worst home record in the league in Ajax history (including home defeats against Heerenveen and Twente)
- suffering the largest home defeat since 1950 against PSV
- getting knocked out by Auxerre in spite of a home win and an away goal

One tragedy after the other and never an unforgettable moment of brilliance to make up for it. It's trully amazing what we've gone through this season. It's a f#cking nightmare, that's what it is.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma mar 21, 2005 12:23 pm

I hope that Danny Blind received a huge pay-rise when he moved up to coach as by god he will have to work his wotsits off to get anything out of this group of players.
Yesterday was just plainly awful. I expected them to lose, but I had anticipated that they would lose in an honourable way. This defeat was not honourable or anything approaching honourable.
They got what they deserved but surely us fans deserved something better?
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 22, 2005 1:23 pm

Kleine revanche Ajax op PSV
AMSTERDAM - Het tweede elftal van Ajax heeft maandagavond op 'de Toekomst' in Amsterdam een bescheiden revanche genomen op PSV.

Zondag droogden de Eindhovenaren Ajax in de eigen ArenA met 4-0 af, maandag won Jong Ajax met 3-0 van Jong PSV. Nigel de Jong (2 keer) en Stanley Aborah scoorden.

this had to be : I knew we would win in the end. All is not lost. :D
Appie, stay strong !

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mar 22, 2005 1:52 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: 1. moments of true brilliance or beauty (for example: brilliant goals, or Richard Witschge holding the ball up in the air nine times against Feyenoord)
I'd be more than happy to see that, if anybody possesses the video or can provide a link I'd be grateful, thanks.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 2:36 pm

Carcajou schreef:I'd be more than happy to see that, if anybody possesses the video or can provide a link I'd be grateful, thanks.
There is a video of that, I am absolutely sure...

Just don't know where to find it...

K.
Still alive...

Eric

Bericht door Eric » di mar 22, 2005 2:39 pm

i think that HermaN had an avatar of that particular moment.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

funzoid

Bericht door funzoid » wo mar 23, 2005 5:02 pm

i believe the folks in the www.ajaxfans.de have the video. not exactly the magic dribble, but a highlight of richard's career. i find the video is simply awesome.

you need to register for the site tho, and it's in german. but do it and you can get other cool videos as well....
Me: Zlatan, the elbowing fucking rules!!

Zlatan: Do you think so? Thanks, man!

Date: October 2001, Place: Albertheijn Diemen Centrum @ the cashier.

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo mar 23, 2005 5:20 pm

It's the most disrespectful move ever shown on a football pitch. And the fact that it has perennial loser Richard Witschge as its protganonist makes it a thousand times worse.

Edit from Kowalczyk: I deleted the last sentence of your post, Steef. I'm sure you wrote it with a sort of eyewink, but nonetheless: we really can't tolerate that kind of stuff. Hope you understand.

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » wo mar 23, 2005 5:54 pm

Witschge vs. F-word: 1.45 meg DivX 5. This file won't stay online forever, but if you shoot a PM to Doc he might put a copy on his chatNjoy server to piss off Steef.

:evildr:
Steef schreef:It's the most disrespectful move ever shown on a football pitch.
I thought that was Koeman wiping his ass with a german shirt after the '88 match?

______

edit: here's another classic goal against F-word.
Laatst gewijzigd door 666 op wo mar 23, 2005 11:13 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 23, 2005 6:50 pm

Steef schreef: It's the most disrespectful move ever shown on a football pitch.
Are you taking the piss...?

You can't seriously mean that. I can understand it was humiliating, in a way, but come on... What's next? The weakest teams in the Eredivisie claiming that it's disrespectful if other clubs beat them by a larger score than 2-0?

Come on man. It's football. What's wrong with showing something beautiful, or something sassy, every once in a while? Why worry about that as long as there are defenders out there who make horrendous fould, or players using their elbows?

Fight the real enemy.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo mar 23, 2005 7:28 pm

No, Ko, you have to understand that there's a difference between Van Basten weaving his way through the Feyenoord-defence before beating Hiele with a bit of a lucky bounce, or Litmanen scoring bags and bags of goals against us.

That's a clear example of Ajax (and its true stars) outshining us and beating us on sheer class.

Richard Witschge never won jack at Ajax - or anywhere else in his pathetic career. He was a slow, lazy and arrogant twat who thought the Ajax-jersey by itself gave him the right to ridiculize and look down on others. Same goes for guys like Kreek, Reuser or even Gronkjaer.

The truly great beat us on the pitch and earn our respect. It's the other ones that really rekindle our hate.

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » wo mar 23, 2005 8:18 pm

666 schreef:Witschge vs. F-word: 1.45 meg DivX 5. This file won't stay online forever, but if you shoot a PM to Doc he might put a copy on his chatNjoy server to piss off Steef.

:evildr:
Steef schreef:It's the most disrespectful move ever shown on a football pitch.
I thought that was Koeman wiping his ass with a german shirt after the '88 match?
I'll do anything for pissing of steef, does anyone have the goal by vdv as well
I'M NOT A COMPLETE IDIOT!
...some parts are missing

Harm

Bericht door Harm » wo mar 23, 2005 8:25 pm

Did he score las Sunday?

I've got three goals made by Van Bommel. Could I interest you in one of them? I prefer the third. But his first was the most important one

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 23, 2005 11:10 pm

Steef schreef:Richard Witschge never won jack at Ajax - or anywhere else in his pathetic career.
What's that got to do with it?

Oh well... I like sassiness and swagger; you don't. That's why I support Ajax - and you support Feyenoord. It all makes sense.

Many Feyenoord players will not have a more spectacular career than Richard Witschge. But if Gyan, Saïdi, Kuyt or Gibbs would do something like that with a ball, I wouldn't really hate him for it. Why would I? Why can't a football player show what he can do with a ball? What's wrong with doing something unusual, just because it's fun?

Your sentiments are a bit... mediocre, to be honest. I mean: who cares?

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mar 24, 2005 1:24 am

Thank you for the goal guys !!!!

Now it's time for some serious knob polishing :headbang: :headbang: :D :X :redcard:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do mar 24, 2005 10:03 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Steef schreef:Richard Witschge never won jack at Ajax - or anywhere else in his pathetic career.
What's that got to do with it?

Oh well... I like sassiness and swagger; you don't. That's why I support Ajax - and you support Feyenoord. It all makes sense.

Many Feyenoord players will not have a more spectacular career than Richard Witschge. But if Gyan, Saïdi, Kuyt or Gibbs would do something like that with a ball, I wouldn't really hate him for it. Why would I? Why can't a football player show what he can do with a ball? What's wrong with doing something unusual, just because it's fun?

Your sentiments are a bit... mediocre, to be honest. I mean: who cares?

K.
Actually...I'm with Steef on this...Marco, JC, Dennis, Jari where greats because they did the business, but with sassiness and swagger...."they walked the talk". Witschge was just a useless showpony who was good at tricks but achieved very little as a player because he couldn't translate it into anything meaningful on the pitch.....having said that....rubbing F-worders noses in it by doing a trick when the game had already been won is meaningful........ ;)
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 24, 2005 10:16 am

Manneken Pis schreef:Witschge was just a useless showpony who was good at tricks but achieved very little as a player because he couldn't translate it into anything meaningful on the pitch.....
That's a different discussion: okay, so Richard Witschge was a showpony etcetera. Fair enough. But this one time he did something really entertaining and unusual. Humiliating...? Yes, in a way. But it was just a little trick with the ball, that's all. He received it and thought: what the heck, let's have some fun.

I wish we'd have a little bit more of that in football these days (and less fouls, diving, time-wasting and what not).

By the way: the 'mother' of the Witschge moment was, of course, Gerrie Mühren at the Bernabeu in Madrid in 1973. Ajax were absolutely stuffing Real Madrid. At some point in the game some Ajax player gave a high pass, all across field. And there was Gerrie Mühren, who let the ball land on his foot and held it up a few times, without having let it touch the ground.

The Bernabeu was so silent you could hear a pin drop and after the game Ajax got a standing ovation from the Madrid crowd (which, by the way, happened again in 1995-1996).

I love moments like that, actually. A little artistic highlight in a game that has become a major business... How in the world could you hate that?

Seriously - I don't get it.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do mar 24, 2005 10:32 am

I think we agree.

Like I said;
Manneken Pis schreef:[.....having said that....rubbing F-worders noses in it by doing a trick when the game had already been won is meaningful........ ;)
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

sonicdream

Bericht door sonicdream » do mar 24, 2005 3:04 pm

The Witschge video doesn't seem to be working...I get a "class not registered" message... :sad:

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » do mar 24, 2005 4:13 pm

not working? Try this one for Steef's favorite: http://chatnjoy.nl/avi/witschge.avi
and this one for my favorite: http://chatnjoy.nl/avi/vaart.avi

thanks 666 for sending me the files

funzoid

Bericht door funzoid » vr mar 25, 2005 4:46 am

damn... it's 3.47 am now. for some reason i am watching ajax-psv on channel 5 (in the UK.... greetings for other ajax fans in UK). ajax played like schoolboys, but for some reason i am still watching it.... why? i guess i miss the atmosphere of ArenA. i remember last season i was there and singing "KEZMAN, JE MOEDER IS EEN HOER!!" and "KANKER BOEREN!!!" with the lots at vak 409 and 410 (thanks to flatmate who taught me some basic 'dutch' when i first went to ajax game). damn... what a moment!! we won a good match (i think). i remember after that game, the whole stadium felt like we had won the league... and we did.... god i miss amsterdam.
Me: Zlatan, the elbowing fucking rules!!

Zlatan: Do you think so? Thanks, man!

Date: October 2001, Place: Albertheijn Diemen Centrum @ the cashier.

sonicdream

Bericht door sonicdream » vr mar 25, 2005 3:33 pm

Thanks for the new links, Dr Living Stoned!

:yes:

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » vr mar 25, 2005 3:36 pm

you're welcome. :)

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mar 25, 2005 4:24 pm

Carcajou schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef: 1. moments of true brilliance or beauty (for example: brilliant goals, or Richard Witschge holding the ball up in the air nine times against Feyenoord)
I'd be more than happy to see that, if anybody possesses the video or can provide a link I'd be grateful, thanks.
Easy : this on the 98 Ajax season's video .

About this, one has to remember that it took place during a very special game, not long after the murder of an F-Sider. No feyenoord fan was allowed at the Arena, and every player from both team had a shirt with something like “football, don’t spoil it” printed on it.

About Richard Witschge, he was my favorite player for the post-96 era. He understood that football was meant for the supporters, and had to be nice to watch. As for his “pathetic career”, I wish to all of the current Ajax players to win as many trophies, to play the UEFA cup final, the CL semi-final.

Plaats reactie