14 Sep 2005: AC Sparta Praha - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo sep 14, 2005 4:14 pm

Per schreef: Or better yet, play them together in a 3-5-2. (joining the English contingency) to get a constant theat of both power and speed throughout the game.
But don't you think it will be an attempt for our tradition ;) ? As I remember Ajax always played 4-3-3, so I don't think it is necessarily to change the system for that game. Im my opinion players must just understand, that they must play for 100% of their abilities in every game. There is no option, that our rival will give us a win for free. We (supporters) understand it, players- not always... This is the only thing that I'm afraid of- Ajax might underestimate Sparta Prague, because it is not the club of the European top. However, it is dangerous opponent and we must be careful whole 90 minutes.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo sep 14, 2005 5:02 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:This is the only thing that I'm afraid of- Ajax might underestimate Sparta Prague, because it is not the club of the European top. However, it is dangerous opponent and we must be careful whole 90 minutes.
To be very honest: WE are definetly not a club of European top either. So it goes without saying that if we start underestimating teams in the CL - we are f#cked!
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo sep 14, 2005 6:58 pm

After last year's debacle at Maccabi Tel Aviv i dont think we're in a position tu underestimate anybody. I dont think Ajax will fall trough the same hole twice( I hope :sad: ).
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo sep 14, 2005 7:08 pm

Tonight we start with:

Ajax:

12 Vonk
2 Trabelsi
3 Grygera
6 Galásek
8 Maduro
10 Pienaar
11 Babel
18 Sneijder
19 Emanuelson
21 Lindenbergh
24 Rosenberg

Bench
26 Lobont
4 Heitinga
7 Rosales
9 Charisteas
15 Vermaelen
16 De Jong
28 Boukhari

The same lineup as the last game if I'm not mistaken.

GO GET 'EM BOYS!!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo sep 14, 2005 7:49 pm

Its showtime!!!!!!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » wo sep 14, 2005 8:23 pm

Sh*t! The stupid Match Centre thing on UEFA.com has totally crapped out on me. What's the best place to track the play-by-play? Ajax.nl?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 14, 2005 8:34 pm

Right. It's half-time and -- no joke, I am serious here -- we are totally playing 'em off the park. We have 70% possession (that's the official percentage), we play really well and we've had at least two or three enormous chances (including two for Rosenberg).

We're playing the perfect game, except that we didn't score.

We have to beat these guys, plain simple. We're a thousand times better.

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » wo sep 14, 2005 8:39 pm

Shots: 4-13
On target: 0-5
ball possession: 31-69

Didn't expect this I must say. Now just make the first column, 'Goals: 0-0' better. Rosenberg would need a goal in this one. C'mon Ajax!!
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » wo sep 14, 2005 8:44 pm

unrelated but:

VAN PERSIE GOT A RED CARD! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! :bis: :headbang:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo sep 14, 2005 8:58 pm

ajaxusa schreef:Sh*t! The stupid Match Centre thing on UEFA.com has totally crapped out on me. What's the best place to track the play-by-play? Ajax.nl?
Espndeportes.com Has a good match cast of the game, dont know how good your spanish is though, if you´re interested click on the glowing red square on the left side.Scroll down to the Sparta-Ajax game and click gamecast. Uefas Match Center is fucked up in my CPU too :pukey:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo sep 14, 2005 9:13 pm

Shiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!!! Matusovic, Sparta 1 - 0 Ajax 25 minutes to go. Come on Guy's not again !!!!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo sep 14, 2005 9:39 pm

:pukey:

SHITE!

dws

Bericht door dws » wo sep 14, 2005 9:44 pm

decided to join to moan about another shitty result . In the process of doing so Super Dwarf saves the day.

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » wo sep 14, 2005 9:47 pm

crappy day.

arsenal won against Thun on a very last minute goal and ajax (luckily) draw.

I wonder how Ajax will fair against Thun :nooo:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo sep 14, 2005 9:50 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:I'll say if we have lady luck on our side 2-1 Ajax, if we dont then it'll be a 1-1 draw. I going further though... Sneijder on a free kick and a rifle shot from a Czech called Tomas on home soil.

Hup Ajax!!!!! :eusa_dance: .
Is that for the 2-1 or the 1-1....do Sparta have any players called Tomas? :D
Im talking about Galasek ;)

I change my prediccion then... with good luck 1-0 Tomas Galasek scoring the goal, with bad luck we fuck it up in the last minute 1-1(would not surprise me).

There you go...
Call me a wizard if you want, the only thing that changed was that Sparta Fucked it up in the last minutes. Not a bad result at all but by the stats i think we deserved a hell of a lot more, i mean just look at this:

Posession: Ajax 72% Sparta 28%
Corner Kicks: Ajax 5 Sparta 4
And here the kicker... Shots: Ajax 26/7 on goal Sparta 9/2 on goal

Whenever you tie a game in the last minutes its always a relief and a good result given the situation, this is the case with this game, even more so because ajax is the visiting team, but i think we should have crushed these guys.

Arsenal also snatch a last ditch win against Thun,our legend Bergkamp scoring the late goal :pukey: . I dont know about you guys but i'm aiming(rather wishing) for a first place finish here... so it comes as a bit of a disapointment, none the less a good result in the end. Hup AJAX!!!!!!! :headbang:
Laatst gewijzigd door Venezuelan Ajacied op wo sep 14, 2005 10:04 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo sep 14, 2005 10:01 pm

__earth schreef:crappy day.

I wonder how Ajax will fair against Thun :nooo:
our next game is against Arsenal at the Arena. Arsenal are going to be thin on strikers now that Henry is injured and Van Persie suspended so we should have somewhat of an advantage. AAAAAA hell with ajax you never know what's going to happen lets just wait and see.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo sep 14, 2005 10:14 pm

Sneijder is god, defense is crap.
Get a Cock

dws

Bericht door dws » wo sep 14, 2005 10:20 pm

venezuelan ajacied if the Arse are going to be thin on strikers and with Ajax being very poor in that department would you care to predict the outcome ? (hint : Nil Nil )

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo sep 14, 2005 10:22 pm

dws schreef:venezuelan ajacied if the Arse are going to be thin on strikers and with Ajax being very poor in that department would you care to predict the outcome ? (hint : Nil Nil )
that will not be an option for that game, thankyouverymuch!

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo sep 14, 2005 10:24 pm

I think we deserved more and that the squad reacted very good to the 0-1, but the sensation of a non-dangerous attack was strong for more than an hour... I had 2 bad feelings watching the game:

1) nothing against rosenberg, but the boy needs more time to get involved in our system. (call me crazy)but with Charisteas wd had more WEIGHT and good balls for the players that came from behind or the flanks..he also went near to the 2-1 in the dying seconds of the match. For me he deserved to play from minute 1, he helps all squad to gain yards on the field
2) steven pienaar as RW: I didn't remember he is so weak: lost all dribblings, no crosses, no pace for playing in that position

positive feelings: snejider, babel, lindenbergh, grygera, great personality of emanuelson. trabelsi: ok, but why he helped the offensive action not so much?

tell me what do u think..
O tempora o mores

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo sep 14, 2005 10:41 pm

I think Ajax has a serious problem ! Our players are just not able to score a goal (except one that comes out of nowhere every 2 games...), and it isn't new... When AZ is able to score 17 goals in just 4 games, when Feyenoord can score everytime, when PSV has always excellent strikers, the 'great Ajax' needs 27 shots to score a single goal against Sparta Praha.... :nooo:
This is a huge problem, and it's time to change that if Ajax wants to win trophies !
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo sep 14, 2005 10:50 pm

Per schreef:
We've seen Sneijder score
Quite prophetic! What does your new avater say? I've even tried magnifying it but it's just that bit too small to work
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 14, 2005 10:56 pm

__earth schreef:crappy day.

I'll have to disagree with you here. The boys deserve more credit than this. In the first half they played an almost perfect game. No-one was weak. Prague's counter-attacks were never dangerous (they only had two silly shots that went yards wide) and Ajax had four, five good chances to score.

Ajax were very unlucky to go down and a win for Sparta would have been extremely, extremely undeserved. Okay - it's always a bit fortunate to score in stoppage time. But this was a typical example of justice. We should have been 0-2 up at least, at half-time.

Very good away game -- and before the game I said I would be happy with a draw. So what the hell: this is not a bad result. Not bad.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo sep 14, 2005 10:59 pm

Sorry Ko, but Rosenberg was a disaster. The entire team plan was set up for him and he didn't deliver.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo sep 14, 2005 11:02 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Per schreef:
We've seen Sneijder score
Quite prophetic! What does your new avater say? I've even tried magnifying it but it's just that bit too small to work
YEAH! I think I was quite right about how the game looked as well :hypocrite:

Well: I tried to make the avatar readable but I guess it didn't work. It says:

"You are the generation that bought more shoes and you get what you deserve"

Title of a single by the band/duo Johnny Boy (in no way any reference to our Johnny Boy)

Plaats reactie