23 Oct 2005: PSV - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za okt 22, 2005 7:43 pm

I'd be over the moon with 2:2. Sadly, I think the final will be closer to the 0:4 of the last league meeting.Well, off to church and pray for a miracle... :eusa_pray:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » zo okt 23, 2005 1:14 pm

is anybody out there?

I read at soccernet its still 0-1. :sad:

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo okt 23, 2005 1:28 pm

1-0, final result. Simons on Penalty (10'). :pukey:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo okt 23, 2005 1:32 pm

I'll be in shitting in the wc. My words of wisdom: PLAY HEITINGA HE WILL IMPROVE THE DEFENCE
Get a Cock

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 23, 2005 1:44 pm

Big problem is not defence but we cannot score goals.

Just as well there are playoffs because on this seasons form we would not finish 2nd.

We seem to be going backwards this season and with as many as 10 players likely to leave by the end of the season we will have to start major rebuilding.

I keep on about this but it is a hugh problem.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » zo okt 23, 2005 1:51 pm

SPL schreef:Big problem is not defence but we cannot score goals.

Just as well there are playoffs because on this seasons form we would not finish 2nd.
Well, Ajax has now managed to outplay PSV and Feyenoord, but have nothing to show for it. That's gotta be tough to take.

As to the goalscoring problem, I think Babel did enough tonight to suggest he should be persevered with at striker.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo okt 23, 2005 2:55 pm

ZoefdeHaas said:

[/quote]My words of wisdom: PLAY HEITINGA HE WILL IMPROVE THE DEFENCE
Very true....I agree 100%

Frans said:
As to the goalscoring problem, I think Babel did enough tonight to suggest he should be persevered with at striker.

Again I think you are right...although the only drawback is that because he is 18 there might be alot of pressure on him.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo okt 23, 2005 3:44 pm

Ajax outplayed psv for 80 minuten. A fucking dive from Farfan was awarded a penalty. After that, psv was nowhere. But Ajax lacks a few killers op front. the best players: Grygera, Trabelsi and Urby, yes indeed all defenders, but did nice things offensive.

We need a STRIKER! And a bunch of WINGERS!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo okt 23, 2005 4:16 pm

everyone was excellent, except Babel (and Rosenberg); why Blind did not send Anastasiou in the game is beyond my undertanding
Appie, stay strong !

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo okt 23, 2005 5:32 pm

Frans schreef:

i'm only gonna say this one more time

HE. CANNOT. HOLD UP. THE. DAMN BALL.

if he cannot help keep the offense running, there are no good chances to waste

at least charisteas, anastasiou and rosenberg can get us to the area

as for the penalty: psv, and farfan in particular, must really suck some good referee (expletive deleted) - it wasn't even a remotely good dive, just an easily recognizable flop
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » zo okt 23, 2005 6:35 pm

Sounds like the same old story,if winning games was all about good football we'd walk the league . . . shame its all about scoring goals. X'C

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo okt 23, 2005 8:08 pm

Their isent a curse in my english vocabulary that can explain the fuck up this referee commited I mean it was'nt even close to a penalty just a fucking ugly shittish dive, God Damn!!!!! :fundamentje: .

I have to disagree with some of you Babel was terrible he had like rubber boots could not hold on to a single ball and did not dribble trough anyone, i would go as far to say that we should send him to young ajax make him play a couple of games and regain some confidence, he has lost the magic and that is frightening :nooo:.

The defense was never the problem, the only time PSV came close after the penalty was in the final 10 minutes when ajax was all out on the atack(Alex did have a good chance off a corner but other than that nothing).

Rosales was crap(this coming from a fan of him), Pienaar played well but he will most likely miss the next match(maybe more??) for a late kick on a Psv player.

The midfield(Seijder,Galasek,DeJong) was average but not terrible, nobody stood out.

And i agree with Gangsta the defense played well Grygera(give him the captains armband!!!!!),Urby(continues to improve) and Trabelsi(what else is new) standing out, Maduro had no big flaws either.

The big problem with me was the lack of drive,the lack of guts, it just seemed that they were happy loosing only by the 1-0 score. We deserved a draw not a win.

Fucking ref, i'm going for a cold shower.

Peace
BRING IT ON !!!!...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo okt 23, 2005 8:13 pm

Has anyone else noticed how easily Bable is dispossessed? For a big, strong looking bloke, it's amazing how squirily little defenders are able to brush him aside so easily. His first touch, is also frequently poor.

The referee was a disgrace. That penalty decision, which he took instantly from a distance of about 17 kms. form the incident. Just disgraceful.

Now that a Champions League place for next season is clearly gone, I think we should concentrate the rest of this season on creating a team for the future. Let everyone who wants to leave, leave. Every single one of them - no questions asked. Then of those who remain, look to those that have some kind of fighting spirit, Ki ai the Japanese call it.

Then take those who want to play for Ajax, have the right spirit and the right skills add the best guys from the Toekomst, Yer Boerighter's Yer Sarpongs, Yer Goossens etc. Then fill in the gaps from the January sales.

We probably won't win all that many games, but at least fans will see that we are working on a future, with guys that play, and (most importantly) care.
Laatst gewijzigd door The Purple Cow op zo okt 23, 2005 8:17 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo okt 23, 2005 8:14 pm

Double post, sorry.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo okt 23, 2005 9:21 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Has anyone else noticed how easily Bable is dispossessed?... His first touch, is also frequently poor.

Now that a Champions League place for next season is clearly gone, I think we should concentrate the rest of this season on creating a team for the future.

1-i've been saying this for months while everyone insisted he should be de spits

2-why do you even say something like that? last seaosn, we made up an 8 point deficit to AZ in 3 months and ended up 7 points past them - two season ago, we made up a 5 point christmas deficit to win the title

everything is still available in the eredivisie, we just have a tough road to hoe... again

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 23, 2005 9:37 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Now that a Champions League place for next season is clearly gone...
Ha! Long live the play-offs! Yeah! Great system: we finish 5th, then squeeze two or three great games out of our rear... and there you have it.

An extra upside of that: if Ajax finish 5th the whole country will be chuckling over it. If they subsequently do qualify for the CL via the play-offs, leaving the teams that caused an upset (AZ? Roda? NAC?) empty-handed, everyone will hate the idea instantly.

(Seriously: I hate the idea of the play-offs, even if it helps us... Tthe #2 should get a CL spot, the #5 shouldn't. Simple as that).

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo okt 23, 2005 10:46 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:
Now that a Champions League place for next season is clearly gone, I think we should concentrate the rest of this season on creating a team for the future.
Well there is a novel thought. Now where else have I come across this line of reasoning?

Ah yes I remember now - in posts by me in July, August, September and October. :headbang:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma okt 24, 2005 12:50 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
(Seriously: I hate the idea of the play-offs, even if it helps us... Tthe #2 should get a CL spot, the #5 shouldn't. Simple as that).

K.

i agree 10000%

note: i am aware that is mathmatically impossible :xyxthumbs:

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » ma okt 24, 2005 6:12 am

damnit, ajax isnt lucky ajax anymore.

Anyway, what a miserable game to watch. I mean how many real changes did we create? Only reason why we seemed to be better then PSV was because they took it easy and just relaxed and waited for Ajax to come.

I have said it before about Babel but the kid really doesnt have many moves to pass defenders. It was obvious as left winger and even now as striker. And Babel still has the same problem as last year. He is unable to receive a ball and keep it under controll. Almost every ball jumps off him and lands a couple of meters away. How can you play in the box if you cant even controll one of the basic skills a striker should have.

And then about Blind in his interview before the game. He suggested that not a new striker is a priority but a new left winger. Come on man, what the F.UCK. We need someone upfront who can make the difference, score goals on a regular basis which is something none of the current strikers is able to do. So stick your left winger up your ass and get me a striker that will score.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma okt 24, 2005 8:05 am

My two cents:

P$V are a German team disguised as a Dutch team.

Babel's first touch is simply not good enough to be in the No. 9 position.

The ref. admitted after the game he shouldn't have given the peno.

I know people will be talking abot a "crisis" now but honestly, I didn't feel that badly after the game as they did play very well (except for the striker position).
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 24, 2005 8:30 am

AjaxThailand schreef:So stick your left winger up your ass and get me a striker that will score.
100% agreed (I say Huntelaar!), but it surprises me that everyone here is so negative about Babel... I thought he did really well as a #9. At least he understood how to choose position, he was available to receive the ball and in my opinion it was thanks to him that Ajax managed to almost constantly play on PSV's half. Seriously: in the away end everyone seemed to think "Are you watching, Blind? This kid's a #9!"

Oh well.

I think we shouldn't panic. The gap with PSV is 'only' 8 points (in Eindhoven I didn't have the table available and I thought it was 13...). That's a big gap, but definitely not a decisive one and it is crystal clear that PSV are not as good as last season.

We do need a goalscorer, though. The failure of our current strikers has cost us 13 points already. We did not create a lot of chances yesterday, but over-all creating chances has not been our problem. We need someone to convert them. That's problem #1 (defense and midfield were great yesterday).

K.
Still alive...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma okt 24, 2005 9:07 am

But the point is that we cannot get a decent striker before the January sales. So the likelyhood is that the gap between us and the top 3 is only going to grow between now and then.

So eight point now is going to become eleven or twelve by the end of 2005 I reckon.

But yeah, a fifth place play-off spot could still be possible if we sign a decent striker and he settles in quickly, but if we did get in to the C.L. this way it would be a pretty hollow victory. So I still prefer my highly original idea.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 24, 2005 9:52 am

Manneken Pis schreef:My two cents:

P$V are a German team disguised as a Dutch team.
I would say an Italian team paying for a 1-0 victory with the help of the referee.
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma okt 24, 2005 9:58 am

Confused of Bocking here:-

There seems to be a divergance of views being expressed about the abilities of Ryan Babel. In one corner we have Ko and his merry band of fellow combi travellers who seem to be saying the kid did well. In the other corner we appear to have posters who watched the game via some media source and they appear to be saying the kid was poor.

As I was in none of these corners can somebody come to a collective agreement and post the definitive answer.

Many Thanks
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma okt 24, 2005 10:20 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:can somebody come to a collective agreement and post the definitive answer.

Many Thanks
Nope, that's the fun of footie discussions!!!

But it is interesting that "tv viewers" seem to have such a different perception from "match viewers"......... I like the guy and think he has great potential, but his first touch looked hopeless to me on Sunday...
Laatst gewijzigd door Manneken Pis op ma okt 24, 2005 10:25 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Plaats reactie