20 Aug 2006: Ajax - RKC Waalwijk

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » zo aug 20, 2006 6:11 pm

Just got up and found out the seaon opener went up for 5-0. Bravo! Ajax.nl states that RKC was weak today so I guess we can't sit around feeling pleased for too long. Let's hope for another good result on wednesday.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo aug 20, 2006 6:34 pm

Whether RKC was weak or not, just glad to see the boys get a competitive , and successful , run out before Wednesday. I see De Telegraaf is saying Grygera injured a hamstring. Just hope his injury isn't long term; regardless whether he stays at Ajax and now he's is unavailable or because it makes him a less attractive transfer target . Whatever the case, I'm glad we have Heitinga, Vertonghen, and Lindenbergh who can all play in the center.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo aug 20, 2006 7:42 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:All looked good, though Roger and Perez looked out of it sometimes. (clumsy passing etc.)
Where did you see the game, ZoefdeHaas?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 20, 2006 8:28 pm

A good start and it cannot be bad that KJH did not score it proves we are not a one man team. ( We don't say that but the oddballs from Fword probably do)

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma aug 21, 2006 3:08 am

Thomas schreef:
ZoefdeHaas schreef:All looked good, though Roger and Perez looked out of it sometimes. (clumsy passing etc.)
Where did you see the game, ZoefdeHaas?
I live in Tokyo and have a Japanese channel Gaora that shows Eredivisie and Portuguese (why?) football, along with baseball and stuff.
Get a Cock

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma aug 21, 2006 4:12 am

That's pretty sweet. Too bad there aren't any Japanese channels that televise Ajax through the web.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma aug 21, 2006 8:42 am

True, mostly Chinese . Bad part is, they'll only show half the Eredivisie season (Ajax, PSV, feyenoord and Heracles[Sota Hirayama] mainly,) Then they switch to Portuguese.
Get a Cock

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma aug 21, 2006 2:08 pm

Dubbel schreef:Just got up and found out the seaon opener went up for 5-0. Bravo! Ajax.nl states that RKC was weak today so I guess we can't sit around feeling pleased for too long. Let's hope for another good result on wednesday.
:headbang: :headbang:
OK, so RKC weren't exactly the strongest team on the day, but they still had to be beaten.

If everyone had stuck by my pre-match prediction, 5-0, then we'd all be better off. I've already paid for next year's Seasoncard and ten trips from the UK just by backing my own tips! I wonder how many others will?

New thread each week; SADDLERIAN'S TREBLE (Bill's idea)

I won't guarantee great returns, but they usually add up!

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 22, 2006 11:14 am

Match report is up, folks...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... r-5-0.html

Yes, there is something wrong with the font. The characters are too small and when I change it, the system doesn't save the changes... I F*cked something up. Jim will take care of it when he wakes up...

I am back and will write the next match report. Time for a big, big, big thank you to Dan Noppert, Gordon Paterson and Bill Bryden for writing reports while I was away. I must say: you did extremely well. It was great to read your reports. Thanks a million!

:xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

bartsa

Bericht door bartsa » di aug 22, 2006 7:55 pm

Does anyone know where I could find the highlights of this match? Or if someone has the goals etc could you please upload those somewhere please? :eusa_pray:
"Ei kymmenestä gepardista känniin tule" - Pertti Keinonen

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di aug 22, 2006 7:57 pm

Check out this link to download the goals, Bartsa:

http://www.footygoal.net/news.php

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » wo aug 23, 2006 12:35 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I am back and will write the next match report. Time for a big, big, big thank you to Dan Noppert, Gordon Paterson and Bill Bryden for writing reports while I was away. I must say: you did extremely well. It was great to read your reports. Thanks a million!

K.
Aha, so that's it. Silly me, thinking that you had somehow suddenly acquired writing talent. :D

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo aug 23, 2006 2:19 am

Brilliant work Gordon, Dan, and Bill . Terrific reading. Wonder if your great work will see Ko off on holiday more often.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo aug 23, 2006 2:23 am

Kowalczyk schreef:...
I am back and will write the next match report. Time for a big, big, big thank you to Dan Noppert, Gordon Paterson and Bill Bryden for writing reports while I was away. I must say: you did extremely well. It was great to read your reports. Thanks a million!

K.
Anytime mate. Welcome back and hope you enjoyed your break. Next stop Melbourne maybe???

BTW - I must admit its not as easy as it looks. I must have read over my report 20 times. My hat goes off to you (and Jim) for doing this every week :xyxthumbs:

bartsa

Bericht door bartsa » wo aug 23, 2006 8:13 pm

Thank you for the link Thomas... You are my hero :headbang:
"Ei kymmenestä gepardista känniin tule" - Pertti Keinonen

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » wo aug 23, 2006 8:25 pm

No problem, Bartsa. :xyxthumbs:

Plaats reactie