Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 01, 2006 3:54 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:tifoajax: :tifoajax:

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo okt 01, 2006 4:01 pm

Despite a SHIT referee, we completed the job.

MotM: Babel, closely followed by Urby and Gabri.

andy

Bericht door andy » zo okt 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Don't forget Wes!!!!

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » zo okt 01, 2006 4:41 pm

Ahhh! Top of the table. This looks promising!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo okt 01, 2006 7:05 pm

Man would i have loved too watch this one, missed it because of a beach trip :sad: but ohh well....we won !!!!!!!!! Hell Yeah babY!!!!!!!!! LETS KEEP ON ROLLING :headbang: ;)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » zo okt 01, 2006 7:20 pm

You can download the highlights here: http://www.ultrasuid.nl/utrechtajax.htm

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma okt 02, 2006 12:06 am

I watched the highlights and around the 15min mark, there was an incident concerning Urby and he was axed by Tim Corneliessen for not putting the ball out of play whilst an Utrecht player was on the ground. I didn't see who put the Utrecht player down but I too would have played on like Urby. Utrecht knew the player was down but played on as they were on the attack and that suited them so if the ball breaks for us, why the hell should we need to put the ball out??
AJACIED

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 02, 2006 12:36 am

Yeah - exactly. The Utrecht bloke went down injured. His team-mates most definitely saw him go down, as he was pretty much in front of the ball when he went to the grass. Utrecht decided to play on, because the were in possession and on a break. They tried to create a chance and score a goal.

Then Ajax intercepted and all of a sudden they expected Ajax to kick the ball out of play. Yeah, right. If it was such an emergency they should have done that themselves.

Urby played on and was quite shamelessly mowed down from behind by some c**t, who kicked him with his leg raised. A 100% red card is what I say, but the referee didn't have the guts - and that wasn't the only time.

I am not one of those football fans who always moans about the referees, but Van Egmond wasn't exactly on our side today, to say the least. As far as I could see, Jaap Stam brought Fortuné down outside of the box, for example.

Oh well - who cares? I will never forget this one. Man, was that away end going mental when Perez scored... F**king hell.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 02, 2006 9:13 am

Match report is now up on Ajax USA!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... t-2-3.html

K.
Still alive...

Jesse

Bericht door Jesse » ma okt 02, 2006 11:19 am

Nice one, Ko.

:xyxthumbs:
"Well, maybe Bob Dylan was wrong. Maybe you do have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma okt 02, 2006 2:49 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: I am not one of those football fans who always moans about the referees, but Van Egmond wasn't exactly on our side today, to say the least. As far as I could see, Jaap Stam brought Fortuné down outside of the box, for example.

K.
This is what should happen...

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 13,00.html
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma okt 02, 2006 3:48 pm

It's awesome that they won, but why the 4-4-2? I'm guessing it is because KJH is out, and they don't have a true 4-4-3-style center forward. Anyone?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 02, 2006 4:36 pm

aveslacker schreef:It's awesome that they won, but why the 4-4-2? I'm guessing it is because KJH is out, and they don't have a true 4-4-3-style center forward. Anyone?
First of all: it wasn't really a 4-4-2. Babel was the centre forard and Rosales the right winger. The only difference: there was no left winger. Urby Emanuelson was the most forward man on the left flank: a 'false' left winger, as they say.

Ten Cate had two reasons to go for this system.

1. KJH wasn't there, so he had to think of something else.

2. Utrecht's weakest footballer in defense is Cornelisse, their right fullback. Ten cate decided to give him space, so that Utrecht would be tempted to let him do the build-up. And it worked.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma okt 02, 2006 4:52 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:2. Utrecht's weakest footballer in defense is Cornelisse, their right fullback. Ten cate decided to give him space, so that Utrecht would be tempted to let him do the build-up. And it worked.

K.
That and because Ten Cate found him weaker when he didn't have an opponent he could bite into. No one that he could 'feel'.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma okt 02, 2006 4:55 pm

This is what uefa.com has to say about the win & the season so far -

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news ... 63431.html

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 02, 2006 7:07 pm

Amol schreef:This is what uefa.com has to say about the win & the season so far -

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news ... 63431.html
Shit!!!!!!!! i posted this on another thread :D
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma okt 02, 2006 7:13 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
aveslacker schreef:It's awesome that they won, but why the 4-4-2? I'm guessing it is because KJH is out, and they don't have a true 4-4-3-style center forward. Anyone?
First of all: it wasn't really a 4-4-2. Babel was the centre forard and Rosales the right winger. The only difference: there was no left winger. Urby Emanuelson was the most forward man on the left flank: a 'false' left winger, as they say.

2. Utrecht's weakest footballer in defense is Cornelisse, their right fullback. Ten cate decided to give him space, so that Utrecht would be tempted to let him do the build-up. And it worked.

K.
Thanks for the info.

I like that they're winning now, but I hope that the 4-4-2 is only temporary.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

dws

Bericht door dws » ma okt 02, 2006 9:19 pm

Arthur schreef:You can download the highlights here: http://www.ultrasuid.nl/utrechtajax.htm
Thanks for this. Ultrasuid seems to be f*cked .... couldn't access this file; seems they are having problems with their bandwidth provider.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma okt 02, 2006 9:35 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
Thanks for the info.

I like that they're winning now, but I hope that the 4-4-2 is only temporary.
I'm getting really sick and tired about that 4-3-3/4-4-2 conversation. The 4-4-2 system against Utrecht had more offensive intentions than the average 4-3-3 game the past years.... Utrecht didn't get a chance and Ajax looked rocksolid in combination with good football.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 02, 2006 11:12 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:I'm getting really sick and tired about that 4-3-3/4-4-2 conversation. The 4-4-2 system against Utrecht had more offensive intentions than the average 4-3-3 game the past years.... Utrecht didn't get a chance and Ajax looked rocksolid in combination with good football.
:yes: :xyxthumbs:

It's all a matter of terminology, really. A 4-4-2 with offensive outer midfielders and one striker playing just behind the other one, is in practice exactly the same as a 4-3-3 with a 'number 10'. Who cares.

In Utrecht, Ajax played ina 4-3-3 with a left winger (Urby Emanuelson) who dropped back to midfield when Utrecht had possession. There really wasn't much more to it than that.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma okt 02, 2006 11:14 pm

I don't care what player combination equal to 10 Ajax use. The old school Oakland Raiders had it right : JUST WIN BABY! Sunday's performance capped off my Zagreb and Athens PJ holiday just right . After several years of them scything us down , and too many years of frustration in Utrecht especially, Sunday was oh so sweet . GREAT JOB BOYS! :xyxthumbs:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

andy

Bericht door andy » di okt 03, 2006 4:21 am

Sorry to go on with the topic, but I actually like the idea of not playing 4-3-3 anymore. I'd like to see us playing a 4-4-2 with a diamond formation. having Wes playing like Frank Lampard does in Chelsea for example would be great.
We are Cruyff; We are Van Basten; We are Bergkamp. WE ARE AJAX!!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di okt 03, 2006 2:42 pm

I guess I'm in the minority here. I believe the 4-3-3 is a part of Ajax as much as the red & white kits are. If there is a good reason to go to a 4-4-2, such as an injury to a key player, that's fine. Otherwise, I like the 4-3-3. It's unique, and, when fitted with the right personnel, lends itself to brilliant football.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di okt 03, 2006 8:00 pm

aveslacker schreef:I guess I'm in the minority here. I believe the 4-3-3 is a part of Ajax as much as the red & white kits are.
I'm on your side on that one, don't get me wrong, although the 'holy thing' to me is 'offensive football via the wings' - not necessarily 4-3-3 as such.

My point was: the changes weren't that radical. Sometimes Ajax will play with three 'defending defenders' and a fourth defender playing (the 'number 4' position) in front of the defense line, plus to 'classic' wingers.

In Utrecht Ajax played with four real defenders and a left winger who left the actual left forward position open, but came from midfield (that was Urby). We're talking about two relatively minor changes here. Two details, if you wish, only to disrupt Utrecht's play (and it worked). The rest of the formation was intact, and all the patterns were the same. Even the right winger and the centre forward played like they always do.

K.
Still alive...

andy

Bericht door andy » wo okt 04, 2006 1:52 am

Well it is good to see that Ten Cate has some imagination and does not stick to one solid formation all the time. So great, no more to be said about the formation deal, this victory was very important and a great confidence booster. Still there is a long way till we can celebrate in Leidseplein (well not me, I live half the world away from Amsterdam), but winning a game like this makes you dream.
We are Cruyff; We are Van Basten; We are Bergkamp. WE ARE AJAX!!

Plaats reactie