13 Apr 2007: Ajax - NAC Breda

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr apr 13, 2007 9:47 pm

Van Basten said:
it's very quiet in here tonight, did others forget that we are playing today?

No, I followed the scoreline but am dissapointed I wanted Ajax to be on fire like 5, 6 or 7 goals...but it didnt happen :nooo:

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr apr 13, 2007 9:59 pm

dws schreef: Perez as captain :D ... has someone given HTC a kick up the arse :D
I think Ten Cate chose Perez as vice-captain before the beginning of the season and he always stuck to that so far. No surprises.

Boring match but this time it was enough to win... I think we can thank the referee for his help. ;)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

dws

Bericht door dws » vr apr 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:
dws schreef: Perez as captain :D ... has someone given HTC a kick up the arse :D
I think Ten Cate chose Perez as vice-captain before the beginning of the season and he always stuck to that so far. No surprises.

Boring match but this time it was enough to win... I think we can thank the referee for his help. ;)
After dropping Huntelaar he gave him the armband on his return. Maybe he has been having pangs of guilt - the lousy shit. :D

Yeah, shit ref and shit linesmen. No surprises there. :D

grachtdog
Contacteer:

Bericht door grachtdog » za apr 14, 2007 1:31 am

Not a special match by any measure but the fact remains: 3 points on the board. Keep faith folks and kudos to Ayman for doing just that. We can and will win the Eredivisie despite the debacle last week. Faith. Faith. Faith.

:xyxthumbs:
XXX

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za apr 14, 2007 9:03 am

Good result.

I was hoping for a few goals after the 2-0, but it must be said: NAC played well and a large win was never in it. But we have the points, which is good enough. Now, the pressure is on PSV and AZ!

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za apr 14, 2007 11:02 am

3 points is all we can ask for. Now can Twente do us a favour?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za apr 14, 2007 11:20 am

To me, PSV vs Twente is the game this weekend. I am afraid that if PSV are to lose any more points, it will have to happen tonight. If they beat Twente, I fear that they will be back on their feet and not blow it against Utrecht and Vitesse. Tonight's game can knock them out, though. Come on, Twente... Don't let us down.

As for AZ: their 4-1 defeat at Werder must have been painful, and they will be a bit tired, but normally I think they'll beat Vitesse. My hopes are on next weekend, when they play Heerenveen, who can still overtake Feyenoord, finish 5th and who knows get into the Champions League via the play-offs. They will be a tough nut to crack for AZ.

Anyway: we did our job. The pressure is on them. We can lean back and see what happens.

Match report is up on Ajax USA:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... a-2-0.html
(pictures to be added by Jim when he gets out of bed...)

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za apr 14, 2007 12:17 pm

:headbang: :headbang:

I agree K. Ajax can only do their job and rely on the others to drop points. If we win the next two, that'll be six wins out of the last seven, normally championship winning form, alas, the RKC game MIGHT have lost it for us. Still, I hear that they have the internet in Cuba, so you can keep in touch with the playoffs.......if they're needed!

Let's be optimistic.....PSV and AZ are going to NOT win one of their games!!!

'til next week..

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 16, 2007 6:09 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: Anyway: we did our job. The pressure is on them. We can lean back and see what happens.
K.
Strange views.

We are now third (3).

So we need p$v and AZ to drop points in the last two games of the season. We are screwed since we were unable to be motivated enough to beat RKC.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 17, 2007 8:00 am

philippe schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef: Anyway: we did our job. The pressure is on them. We can lean back and see what happens.
Strange views.
Ummm, why?

That's how it works, psychologically... By beating NAC we jumped to the top, which meant in practice that PSV and AZ knew that they had to win in order to overtake us again. So for 24 hours (48, in the case of AZ) the pressure was on them: they had their game in hand, but knew they had to win it. That's what I meant.

Chasing is always easier, psychologically, than having the lead. Look at Ajax: unstoppable (Twente away, PSV away) when we were chasers, but after PSV's defeat at NEC we were 'virtually' the league leaders. From that moment on, the pressure was on us - and we couldn't handle it.

I don't see what's so strange about my view, to be quite honest...

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 17, 2007 4:10 pm

OK, I thought you meant after their own games ... :cool:
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie