10 Aug 2005: Brøndby IF - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo aug 10, 2005 9:22 pm

Also, if anyone hears of a link to the Babel goal, please post it or pm me with it.

Thanks.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

martinDK

Bericht door martinDK » wo aug 10, 2005 9:29 pm

I think U can be very glad about the 2-2 result.... Its still alive

Martin Denmark

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » wo aug 10, 2005 11:15 pm

aveslacker schreef:Also, if anyone hears of a link to the Babel goal, please post it or pm me with it.

Thanks.
http://www.ajaxfans.de

You probably need to register, will take you 2 minutes and you can download all the Ajax goals (and more).
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo aug 10, 2005 11:46 pm

Poor football from Ajax overrall. I thought Boukhari was injured? Poor Sneijder missing that shot. Blind, as a former defender himself should teach these guys how to defend. And why does he put an attacker (Charisteas) in the last minute, when they were suppose to defend their advantage?? galasek wouldve better

O well 2-2 aint too bad, lets hope our home leg gives us the advantage
Get a Cock

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do aug 11, 2005 12:12 am

Not terribly happy to arrive at "De Hems" London Dutch bar at 6.50pm London time just in time for the second half on RTL5- I knew I should have checked kick-off time. Anyway Babel's goal was a screamer but I wish someone could teach Vonk to catch!
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

petelars

Bericht door petelars » do aug 11, 2005 8:23 am

Afbeelding
The tifo didn't work too well last night, but Pacman eats Ajax, and it turns into Brøndby. In theory, anyways.

Afbeelding
Brøndby enjoyed air superiority, something that should yield a goal in Amsterdam.

Afbeelding
The Ajax players had individual skills a notch better than what Brøndby usually faces.

Afbeelding
Brøndby fans trying to get the Ajax supporters to contribute to the atmosphere. Not an easy task!

Afbeelding
Elmander played like he had something to prove. Sadly, he didn't quite reach his max. potential.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do aug 11, 2005 1:03 pm

hi SE16Ajeciad.....I was at the de Hems aswell, were you with anyone?
I thought Grygera had a poor game, he looked nervous and to be honest he made me nervous. The second leg will ge daunting.

Best case scenario. Ajax 3-0 Brondby
Rosenberg x3
The Swede scores against his scandinavian rivals

Worst case scenario. Ajax 0-1 Brondby
Elmander
Ex-feyenoord players do haunt Ajax remember Jon Dahl Tommasson when he scored the winner for AC Milan in the 2002-03 quarter finals of the champions league which knocked out Ajax.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do aug 11, 2005 1:07 pm

Raymon schreef:
aveslacker schreef:Also, if anyone hears of a link to the Babel goal, please post it or pm me with it.

Thanks.
http://www.ajaxfans.de

You probably need to register, will take you 2 minutes and you can download all the Ajax goals (and more).
Thanks!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do aug 11, 2005 1:07 pm

Hopefully Ajax take their advantage, but yestrday's perfomance isnt champions league quality.

Let's hope after a few games in the domestic league bring some good rythm before the second leg
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Match Report is up!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 11, 2005 1:37 pm

This was an interesting one. Match report is now up on Ajax USA!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... -draw.html

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do aug 11, 2005 7:07 pm

Ayman schreef:hi SE16Ajeciad.....I was at the de Hems aswell, were you with anyone?
Hi Ayman,

I was upstairs with a mate from work - you'd have known me by the special "suit/Ajax shirt" combination wear. I did hear a cheer from downstairs at one point so I guess that was you :D
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr aug 12, 2005 12:54 am

@ Petelars and MartinDK:

You were a bit reluctant about it yourself, but the 'PacMan' tifo action looked absolutely great on TV (I loved it) and you also got respect for it on the Ajax Foto Side:
http://www.ajaxfotoside.nl/brondby/brondby.html

There are two photos of the tifo action if you scroll down to the 6th row of photos. The captions: "The Danes had prepared a beautifully executed Tifo action... On the long side stand it first said 'AJAX' after which this PacMan moved along the stand and revealed the name 'BRØNDBY', perfectly executed by the entire stand."

Absolutely great idea. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

JakobBay

Bericht door JakobBay » za aug 13, 2005 11:57 am

weeeee.... ive got my ticket to Amsterdam:) now ive just have to wait 2 weeks then im off to this fantastic return match:)

watch out here we come:) lets hope the match will just as entertaining as the first one:)

Christian

Bericht door Christian » do aug 18, 2005 11:04 am

Hi.

Do you know if the match will be sold out ?

As there are many that haven`t got a ticket out of the 2100 that Brondby was offered, and has sold. So many are planning to go to Amsterdam and then buy tickets down there.

Thanks,

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 18, 2005 11:51 am

I have no idea how presale's going, but I don't think it will sell out completely. I'm pretty sure about that, actually. Also: there is free presale, which means that a Club Card (= Dutch football fans ID system) is not required. You can walk up to any newspaper/tobacco store that has the Ticketbox logo and buy a ticket there, and you can also buy them at the fanshop inside the ArenA (left of the main entrance).

So, it looks quite good for you. And if the game sells out (which I don't believe it will) you can always contact Ticket Unlimited. They always have tickets:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/tickets/impossible.html

Dutch football fans feel no rivalry towards people from Scandinavian. There is actually quite a lot of sympathy (in generally, Dutchies sympathize with Brits, Irish and Scandinavians) and the atmosphere will not be hostile. Nevertheless, I would not recommend buying tickets for the more passionate sections of the ArenA. Do not buy tickets for sections 125 to 129 (the stand of the 'hard core', known as the F-Side) or sections 410 to 412 (the curve of the younger 'hard core', known as Vak 410). There are also groups of more fanatic fans in sections 415 and 428. In general, I would recommend to buy tickets for the 'long sides' (sideline stands) of the ground, rather than for sections behind the goals.

If you behave normally, keep a low profile and show a bit of respect, you're unlikely to get into trouble.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie