14 Sep 2006: IK Start - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr sep 15, 2006 9:28 am

aveslacker schreef:19:03 Full Time - UEFA11 IK Start 2 Ajax 5

Everyone repeat after me:

No let-ups in the home leg!!
No let-ups? Come on, we have to crush IK Start with a least 6-0 at home! They really really suck big time. Its a disgrace that we even conceded 2 goals!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr sep 15, 2006 10:33 am

I'm predicting a 3-0 for the home.
Get a Cock

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 15, 2006 3:15 pm

Having not seen the match, I can't comment. But some of the posters in the Dutch language threads were less-than-impressed by the performance.

I hope you're right, and that Ajax doesn't get complacent. I'm thinking they've learned their lesson after the Copenhagen debacle.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr sep 15, 2006 8:56 pm

aveslacker schreef:Having not seen the match, I can't comment. But some of the posters in the Dutch language threads were less-than-impressed by the performance.

I hope you're right, and that Ajax doesn't get complacent. I'm thinking they've learned their lesson after the Copenhagen debacle.
Complacent is the key word here and i must say Ajax were very complacent during long stretches of this game. We only started playing well once Start had scored. It was kind of sickening too see...we would score then sleepwalk until they would tie the game, then wake up score again and go to sleep once again, it wasnt until Wesley and Roger scored in quick succesion that the game was truly over, but had Sneijder not had scored that Free kick who knows what kind of trouble might have we gotten ourselves into, thank god everything went well in the end.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr sep 15, 2006 10:07 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
aveslacker schreef:19:03 Full Time - UEFA11 IK Start 2 Ajax 5

Everyone repeat after me:

No let-ups in the home leg!!
No let-ups? Come on, we have to crush IK Start with a least 6-0 at home! They really really suck big time. Its a disgrace that we even conceded 2 goals!
Would have thought that Ten Cate will take the opportunity to rest some players.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 16, 2006 5:34 pm

Arthur schreef:Don't draw too many conclusions from this match. Start are a very, very poor team.
Copy that. With all due respect: IK Start are like a Dutch First Division side. Henk ten Cate praised them in order to make his players take them seriously, but really: they are very poor.

The fact that Ajax let in two equalizers really is telling: they were total dogshit from the first goal until roughly the 60th minute. HTC's tactic didn't work, apparently: after the first goal Ajax simply weren't interested. They thought it was going to be a piece of cake - and for that very reason, it wasn't.

Ajax started quite well, then embarrassed themselves until the 60th minute. In the latter half hour they finally started scoring some quality goals (the last three were excellent).

Simple summary: this may be the result we went to Norway for, but Ajax are morally obliged to offer the fans a good show at the ArenA.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 16, 2006 7:40 pm

Just returned from Oslo, couldn't find a proper internet café over there...

Here's the match report, for those who are still interested...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... orway.html

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za sep 16, 2006 10:34 pm

For all those who weren't able to see the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRg_Qs7tDH8

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo sep 17, 2006 12:54 am

Thomas schreef:For all those who weren't able to see the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRg_Qs7tDH8
Thanks for the link. I like those kits. Am I right in thinking that they have a special kit for Europe?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie