25 Feb 2007: AZ - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo feb 25, 2007 2:45 pm

Well, that was some "creative" officiating.

But I have to say, that's the best defensive effort I've seen Ajax undertake this season.

Hats off to the boys, they fought hard.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo feb 25, 2007 2:50 pm

aveslacker schreef:Well, that was some "creative" officiating.

But I have to say, that's the best defensive effort I've seen Ajax undertake this season.

Hats off to the boys, they fought hard.
Thats why it hurts a little bit more too, Ajax with ten men actually played better than a full AZ squad.

We deserved the three points :nooo:

I feel robed.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo feb 25, 2007 3:38 pm

http://img6.picsplace.to/img6/25/goal3_000.gif

Close up on the AZ goal in which they obviously did not deserve
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo feb 25, 2007 4:15 pm

well done, Louis :rocketwhore:
see you for the play-offs ... :D
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 25, 2007 10:44 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:The ref and his assistants were absolute cunts today
Yup. I hate fans who always moan about the referee. I see their mistakes, but I almost never feel that it actually influenced the result. And 99% of the times they make mistakes both ways rather than that they actually 'support' one of the teams.

But today...?

Man, we really were fucked over. Absolutely robbed. What an arsehole.

We did really well with ten men. We took the lead, we had everything under control and AZ did not look like they were gonna score. Wegereef helped them out, and killed the league singlehandedly. This draw is really a defeat: one point is absolutely useless. PSV must be laughing their balls off. This was a must-win, and the painful thing is: we would have won it if it wasn't for that c**t Wegereef.

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo feb 25, 2007 10:48 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:The ref and his assistants were absolute cunts today
Yup. I hate fans who always moan about the referee. I see their mistakes, but I almost never feel that it actually influenced the result. And 99% of the times they make mistakes both ways rather than that they actually 'support' one of the teams.

But today...?

Man, we really were fucked over. Absolutely robbed. What an arsehole.

We did really well with ten men. We took the lead, we had everything under control and AZ did not look like they were gonna score. Wegereef helped them out, and killed the league singlehandedly. This draw is really a defeat: one point is absolutely useless. PSV must be laughing their balls off. This was a must-win, and the painful thing is: we would have won it if it wasn't for that c**t Wegereef.

K.
Yup, we were far better than AZ, even with 10.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma feb 26, 2007 9:01 am

As soon as I saw Wegereef was the ref I was nervous...the guy has a track record of cock-ups. The entire Eredivisie came out of this affair looking amateur...and the title is now definitely decided.

The Dutch won't do anything though...they have to be seen as supporting refs....

Unbelievable.... :nooo:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma feb 26, 2007 9:15 am

Dutch refs are a joke anyways.

But this time...agh robbed big time. And Jenner that diving douche, Davids shouldn't have been sent off like that, though he proll wouldve sooner or later.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 26, 2007 9:30 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Dutch refs are a joke anyways.
The referee for the game in Bremen was not Dutch.

Let's stop investing huge amounts of money on top players : learn from our friends from northern Italy and buy referees.
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma feb 26, 2007 12:24 pm

I know, I was simply speaking in general. In my opinion most Dutch refs are jokers.
Get a Cock

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 26, 2007 12:43 pm

I agree the ref cost us 2 points and the title is out of question but the title
was probably lost last week with our schoolboy defending v Excelsior!!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 26, 2007 12:53 pm

anyone knows about the play-offs schedule ?
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma feb 26, 2007 2:11 pm

philippe schreef:
Let's stop investing huge amounts of money on top players : learn from our friends from northern Italy and buy referees.
I have to admit: that was pretty funny. :headbang:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di feb 27, 2007 1:01 pm

Lille are appealing about Gigg's goal in their Man Utd match in CL.

Ajax sould try the same, after all it was CLEARLY not a goal.
Get a Cock

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 27, 2007 4:08 pm

As much as we all hate Man U my friends and son all agreed that Giggs was agoal.It has happened half adozen times in England this season.

AZ goal should not have been allowed as he made contact with the goalie.

I will have to show the goal to my son as he knows the rules better than me and refs at his school.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di feb 27, 2007 6:15 pm

The Gigg's goal is ok according to the laws but this is so "lame", "mean" or whatever the word... And the way it was done... : nobody except the referee (a Dutch btw :D), Giggs and maybe Rooney knew it would be a quick free kick. Very strange and unfair rule anyway.

Back on topic : If I understood well, the referee's chief at KNVB said it was well a foul and that the goal shouldn't have been allowed, but then ?
Ah, and we will never find Wegereef on our way again... He will never officiate in Ajax game again.
Laatst gewijzigd door Cedric op di feb 27, 2007 9:05 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di feb 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Looks like the KNVB agrees with us.

De gelijkmaker van AZ zondagmiddag in de wedstrijd tegen Ajax had afgekeurd moeten worden. Dat zegt Jaap Uilenberg, coördinator scheidsrechterszaken van de voetbalbond.

,,Er was inderdaad sprake van een overtreding op Maarten Stekelenburg. De Zeeuw gleed met gestrekt been door op de doelman en dat had moeten worden bestraft met een vrije trap voor Ajax. Vanuit de positie van de scheidsrechter, die in de rug keek van de spelers, was de overtreding echter moeilijk waarneembaar, waarbij ook de assistent-scheidsrechter geen andersluidend advies gaf."

De beslissingen van scheidsrechter Jan Wegereef om Ajax-speler Edgar Davids twee keer een gele kaart te geven, waren allebei juist. Uilenberg: ,,Bij de eerste gele kaart gaat het om de onbesuisde wijze van inkomen. Die gele kaart was op z'n plaats. Het feit of een speler al dan niet wordt geraakt, is in deze niet van belang. Bij de tweede gele kaart onderbreekt Davids met een overtreding een veelbelovende aanval. Geel dus."
The equalizer in Sunday afternoon's match between Az and Ajax should have been disallowed. So says Jaap Uilenberg, coordinator of officials at the KNVB.

"There was indeed talk of a foul against Martin Stekelenberg. De Zeeuw slid with an outstretched leg into the goalie, and it should have been a free kick for Ajax. From the position of the referee, who looked at the backs of the players, the foul was not easily observable, and the linesman also didn't give any conflicting advice."

The decisions of referee Jan Wegereef, wherein he showed two yellow cards to Ajax player Edgar Davids, were both correct. Uilenberg: "The first yellow card had to do with the reckless manner in which he went in to the challenge. The card was correct. The fact that no contact was made is in this case not important. With the second card, Davids interrupted play with an obvious foul. Yellow, then."

Well, one out of two ain't bad. And I understand that Wegereef has been given the weekend off. Shame -- one week too late.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 28, 2007 10:49 am

in fact the referee was so pathetic that he will not ref the NAC - PSV quarterfinals as he was supposed to

there should be video replay for refs, and some sort of appeal system
Appie, stay strong !

dws

Bericht door dws » wo feb 28, 2007 1:34 pm

philippe schreef:in fact the referee was so pathetic that he will not ref the NAC - PSV quarterfinals as he was supposed to

there should be video replay for refs, and some sort of appeal system
A clown sitting in a caravan watching a video monitor is not much different to a clown on the field of play. Just ask anyone who follows Rugby union. :yes:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 28, 2007 4:07 pm

the point with video is that it can watched by a second referee :glotz:
Appie, stay strong !

dws

Bericht door dws » wo feb 28, 2007 6:12 pm

philippe schreef:the point with video is that it can watched by a second referee :glotz:
As happens in rugby union - and they still get it FUCKING wrong.

Forget about video refs. As I stated earlier: a clown sitting in a caravan ( video ref ain't inside the ground in rugby ... sits in a little van with viewing screen outside the ground) is not much different to a clown on the field of play.

Scotland, England, France, Wales and South Africa have all been shafted by the video referee over the years.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo feb 28, 2007 8:53 pm

dws schreef:
philippe schreef:the point with video is that it can watched by a second referee :glotz:

Forget about video refs. As I stated earlier: a clown sitting in a caravan ( video ref ain't inside the ground in rugby ... sits in a little van with viewing screen outside the ground) is not much different to a clown on the field of play.

Scotland, England, France, Wales and South Africa have all been shafted by the video referee over the years.
That doesn't mean that the video referee can't get it right more often than the guy on the field.

In fact, they do. The closer officiating gets to getting it right 100% of the time, the better the sport is. The argument that video referees should not be allowed because they might mistakes is fallacious. Sure, they might make mistakes. But they'll make far less mistakes than do humans with no video assistance.

Cricket uses some video refereeing (not enough, imo), as does basketball, both rugby codes and gridiron football. There's no reason association football can't join the club.

For once Phillippe has it right. :yes:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

dws

Bericht door dws » wo feb 28, 2007 9:27 pm

aveslacker schreef:
dws schreef:

That doesn't mean that the video referee can't get it right more often than the guy on the field.

In fact, they do. The closer officiating gets to getting it right 100% of the time, the better the sport is. The argument that video referees should not be allowed because they might mistakes is fallacious. Sure, they might make mistakes. But they'll make far less mistakes than do humans with no video assistance.

Cricket uses some video refereeing (not enough, imo), as does basketball, both rugby codes and gridiron football. There's no reason association football can't join the club.

For once Phillippe has it right. :yes:

aveslacker, you make some good points :yes: - but when the video ref gets it so obviously wrong :fundamentje:

I still stand by my previous statement; a clown in a caravan ...etc..etc...

Wegereef on the field of play and Luinge as the video ref ;)

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo feb 28, 2007 9:38 pm

Yeah, but the probability of having 2 clowns for the same game should be a bit lower I guess... (not sure, I'm not an expert in this domain :blush: )
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

dws

Bericht door dws » wo feb 28, 2007 9:42 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:Yeah, but the probability of having 2 clowns for the same game should be a bit lower I guess... (not sure, I'm not an expert in this domain :blush: )
Cedric, You don't seem very confident of that happening :D but your probably right ... I guess :xyxthumbs:

Plaats reactie