05 Feb 2006: Feyenoord - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 05, 2006 6:18 pm

Crunh time coming up. Willem , Den Haag and RBC. If we do not pick up 9 points from these 3 then we really are in the shit.

Trabelsi will be back and therefore Grygera in the centre. At least that will be our strongest defence!! What about midfield??? Sneijder, the onbly decent midfielder we have could well be injured and both Galasek and Lindenbergh are crap. Sarpong is a boy and played for the A1's yesterday and has hardly played for the reserves.

PS what does anyone think of Lindenbergh ?? I watched the Utrecht game yesterday, and even though I knew the result, it was one of the worst games I have ever seen. The comentator said of Lindenbergh , I do not know what was going through Ajax's mind to bring this guy back!!!

We seem to have reasonable attackers but the basis of a team has to be a good defence and midfield aand we have neither.

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » zo feb 05, 2006 6:51 pm

Anybody know if there was much trouble after the game,bearing in mind last April & the possible ban?.I didnt expect anything from today,id written it off,much like this season.If there are any positives its that Klaas & Markus have both found the net once again.Defensive frailties seem to be THE story with this seasons Ajax,wether it be the players or the tactics or a combination of both.I dont want much in life but a new board,a new head coach & some better quality defenders would be a start.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 05, 2006 7:00 pm

Rally cry:- Chin up boys, just remember we have the play offs to look forward to, and we can get our revenge on Feyenoord, forget about this game, I was worried it would be a white wash but it wasnt.

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » zo feb 05, 2006 7:18 pm

First we have to hope that we get the chance for revenge in the play-offs - we may not finish in the top 5.

Don't forget that we are 8th because that is where we deserve to be on league form. Of the 7 teams above us, we have only beaten Groningen.

We have played 4 of the others twice and won only 2 points out of 12 in those games (draws at home to NEC and Heerenveen).

There is still time for us to climb back into the top 5, but we will have to improve our results, and probably have to beat both PSV and AZ at home, to get there.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » zo feb 05, 2006 7:22 pm

Our 5 next games will be against teams from place 12 till 18 on the tabel. These games must be won; if so, the 5th place will be ours.. :eusa_pray:
I think I lost my fucking headache

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » zo feb 05, 2006 7:40 pm

I hope you are right. But 2 of them are away matches with ADO and Heracles, who we only drew with at home.

And I still suspect that we will have to do more than win 5 matches to finish in the top 5.

Correction to previous post - we got 2 points out of 24 (not 12) from our matches with NEC, Heerenveen, Fword and Ughtrecht - obviously I can't do maths properly at this time on a Sunday when there's sorrows to be drowned!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo feb 05, 2006 7:45 pm

Well, just got home and watched the "highlights" on Talpa. To be honest I wasn't expecting much and score could have been worse the 3-2. (If you'd said 3-2 last week after the Utrecht game I wouldn't have exactly been "happy" with it but relieved all the same it wasn't more). Good to see Roseburg and Huntelaar scoring and it was fun to see Vlaar making an arse of his clearance directly before Huntelaar's goal.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo feb 05, 2006 7:49 pm

That was Hofs.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo feb 05, 2006 8:03 pm

Steef schreef:That was Hofs.
OK, still fun though (the screen on my PC is very small)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo feb 05, 2006 9:48 pm

First goal from F-word looked like offside to me.

Second goal was poor defending and marking.

Third was pure class. Gotta give 'em that.

We scored two goals away at Feyenoord. That is really good.

Our habit of conceding 2+ has to go if we want a shot a fifth place.

Listen to that: a SHOT at FIFTH place. Pathetic.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo feb 05, 2006 10:04 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:This is getting seriously depressing...

I don't know what to say. This was a sad day. For many reasons (I won't bother you with it...).

What a nightmare.

K.
A trouble shared Ko is a a trouble halved !!!!!!!
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo feb 05, 2006 10:31 pm

Per schreef:First goal from F-word looked like offside to me.

yes it definitely did... and paauwe drew a card on grygera when he wasn't touched... and urby was professionally fouled from behind at the beginning of the second half with no call... and and and

i'm done arguing about the refs, no matter how utterly shite they have been towards us for two years running - we can't make the refs see better, but we can make ourselves play better
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

dws

Bericht door dws » zo feb 05, 2006 11:00 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:Well, just got home and watched the "highlights" on Talpa. To be honest I wasn't expecting much and score could have been worse the 3-2. (If you'd said 3-2 last week after the Utrecht game I wouldn't have exactly been "happy" with it but relieved all the same it wasn't more). Good to see Roseburg and Huntelaar scoring and it was fun to see Vlaar making an arse of his clearance directly before Huntelaar's goal.
Just home from Murrayfield :party: :headbang: :D .... Great win for Scotland over the mighty France :D :bier: :bier: :alc: 20 points to 16 :xyxthumbs:
The Scotland forward pack were able to dominate their French counterparts in the tight exchanges; particulary in the maul which is traditionally a strong component of French forward play. Our line out and scrummage stood up well and our defensive play was outstanding. This is our best win for years ; hopefully is the begining of a new era in Scottish Rugby .We've been shit for too long.

Anyway, have to concur with Brian on the his feelings of relief that Ajax didn't get savaged by Feyenoord.From the highlights(ultrasuid: i obscured the scoreline on the video) it looked like Feyenoord could have easily overpowered Ajax.We were lucky not to lose by a much bigger margin.

Boy, do we need Jaap Stam :yes: :yes:
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op zo feb 05, 2006 11:17 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo feb 05, 2006 11:10 pm

dws schreef:Just home from Murrayfield :party: :headbang: :D .... Great win for Scotland over the mighty France :D :bier: :bier: :alc: 20 points to 16 :xyxthumbs:
What the fuck? The ONLY sport on earth where I'm supporting France and they lose?

X'C X'C :nooo:
meh :|

dws

Bericht door dws » zo feb 05, 2006 11:28 pm

carcajou schreef:
dws schreef:Just home from Murrayfield :party: :headbang: :D .... Great win for Scotland over the mighty France :D :bier: :bier: :alc: 20 points to 16 :xyxthumbs:
What the fuck? The ONLY sport on earth where I'm supporting France and they lose?

X'C X'C :nooo:
Sorry Carcajou. Must have been a FUCKING miserable day for you. Mine was only 50% shite X'C

Ajax X'C X'C :sad:

Scotland :headbang: :headbang: :eusa_dance: :cheer: :cheer: :alc: :band: :bier:

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » ma feb 06, 2006 5:23 am

Bring back Stan Aborah!
"The joy of seeing Yuri Gargarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of
a good penalty save." - Lev Yashin

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma feb 06, 2006 8:15 am

bluedaddy19 schreef:
Per schreef:First goal from F-word looked like offside to me.

yes it definitely did... and paauwe drew a card on grygera when he wasn't touched... and urby was professionally fouled from behind at the beginning of the second half with no call... and and and

i'm done arguing about the refs, no matter how utterly shite they have been towards us for two years running - we can't make the refs see better, but we can make ourselves play better
The linesmen were particularly bad, but to be fair, they were bad for both teams.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma feb 06, 2006 11:39 am

kaiser schreef:Just a few spontaneous comments:
In a normal team with a a defence of decent class, one goal by Rosenberg and one goal by Huntelaar should be enough for at least one point.
2 goals at De Kuip should give you min of 1 point. No doubt about it.
kaiser schreef:In the recent games it has also become clear that our midfield does not posses the techniques, skill and creativity. It is not Ajax midfielders, Ajax midfielders should be entertaining.
So its not just me thinking that then? What happened to creativity, flair, imagination? Bloody hell. I can't remember the last time I watched Ajax and was actually happy with the style of play.

This is NOT the Ajax that I grew up with and it bloody well hurts. At least Sarpong showed a bit of flair for a few seconds in the game.
kaiser schreef:One good thing is that Rosenberg continues his trend, goal for the fourth game in a row, 8 goals in the ten latest i think. Today it was in vain and that is a shame. Keep it up Markus, at least you does not let us down! :xyxthumbs: Not a brilliant game, but quite good and a goal is always a goal.

Out with Rosales, please!
And out with the whole defence!
Rosenberg finishing is looking good at the moment, sometimes his touch does still let him down further up the field (and he does seem to complain at other players a lot...whats with that?). But after a rough start, he is starting to show his quality. Go Rosey!

Oh yeah and I agree, Rosales was shockingly poor. But then so was 80% of the team.

But lets keep our heads up. All this poor play will make it all the more sweet when we come good again. We ARE to good to keep down. We ARE Ajax.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 06, 2006 1:53 pm

By the way: no match report yet due to the fact that I ran out of 'pre-fab' match report templates... Jim will have to fix me one, but he didn't (yet). Our apologies for the delay.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op ma feb 06, 2006 2:04 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma feb 06, 2006 2:00 pm

Game report: Ajax stink!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 06, 2006 2:51 pm

The game will be on Channel5 again this week so I will judge for myself.

I asked about Lindenbergh yesterday but no comeback!! Is he good enough to retain next season or should we trade him back to AZ
as we appear to want about 3 of their players!!

Other points I assume Sneijder went off injured yesterday, hope he will be fit for Willem 11.

Finally to those who watched the game what are your first impressions on the next model from the Ajax Youth System ie Jeffrey Sarpong.

He had rave notices in the u17 World Cup and we all know Chelsea wanted him but I just hope he is not rushed in too soon.He is not 18 until the summer.

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma feb 06, 2006 2:53 pm

Sneijder didnt come off injured yesterday. He just threw in the towel and asked for a subsitution. Now there's a leader for you! :eusa_liar:

And AZ won't take back Lindenbergh. They pulled off the deal of the century selling him for nearly 3 mln Euros and bringing in Schaars on a free transfer.

Sarpong is going to be a very, very good player.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 06, 2006 3:10 pm

Steef schreef:Sneijder didnt come off injured yesterday. He just threw in the towel and asked for a subsitution. Now there's a leader for you! :eusa_liar:
That's what you think, Steef (and also what you're hoping). You don't know it, though.
And AZ won't take back Lindenbergh. They pulled off the deal of the century selling him for nearly 3 mln Euros and bringing in Schaars on a free transfer.
Lindenbergh's a good player. Not too great yesterday, but very good at Heerenveen, for example. Are we going to write him off, too...?
Sarpong is going to be a very, very good player.
Hopefully. Haven't seen enough of him yet.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma feb 06, 2006 5:40 pm

:headbang: :headbang:

[quote="Steef"]Sneijder didnt come off injured yesterday. He just threw in the towel and asked for a subsitution. Now there's a leader for you! [quote]

After watching the highlights, it seemed as though Sneijder probably came off because he was totally knackered! He never seemed to stop running, chasing and hastling the opponents. It's a pity that all of the players didn't perform the same way, although, from the highlights, it seemed to be a much better performance than expected.

We will prevail.......

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » ma feb 06, 2006 5:45 pm

DanK schreef: But lets keep our heads up. All this poor play will make it all the more sweet when we come good again. We ARE to good to keep down. We ARE Ajax.
:yes:

Plaats reactie