06 Nov 2012: Manchester City FC - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Tom_

Re: 06 Nov 2012: Manchester City FC - Ajax

Bericht door Tom_ » wo nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm

King Litti schreef: Going through to the best 16 is still possible but extremely hard. Even if we win Dortmund we would still need points from Santiago Bernabeu, right? Even qualifying to the E.L would be heroic from such a tough group.
If we beat Dortmund by more than a goal and draw with RM I think we would be through if Dortmund lose to City. On the other hand if we beat Dortmund we'd only need to beat RM 4–0 to knock them out...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Tom_ schreef:
King Litti schreef: Going through to the best 16 is still possible but extremely hard. Even if we win Dortmund we would still need points from Santiago Bernabeu, right? Even qualifying to the E.L would be heroic from such a tough group.
If we beat Dortmund by more than a goal and draw with RM I think we would be through if Dortmund lose to City. On the other hand if we beat Dortmund we'd only need to beat RM 4–0 to knock them out...
We can do it! :ajaxscarf.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo nov 07, 2012 2:43 pm

UEFA's justice is not that blind : fatcats thugs go away with it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... intcmp=239
Appie, stay strong !

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » wo nov 07, 2012 4:37 pm

philippe schreef:UEFA's justice is not that blind : fatcats thugs go away with it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... intcmp=239
They are very lucky to go with no punishment.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo nov 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Why is the Guardian insisting the second offside goal was onside? The Telegraph accepts it...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Tom_ schreef:Why is the Guardian insisting the second offside goal was onside? The Telegraph accepts it...
Because it is a Manchester paper, not too difficult to understand.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo nov 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Because when it comes football they have no clue.
The second offside goal was offside not because of the scorer, but because of the position of the player who made the cross.
BTW I wonder if "city" has that much local support compared to United. I doubt it.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo nov 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Here's what Christian Eriksen had to say about the disallowed goal and the 94th minute 'potential penalty situation'.

"I couldn't see the situation, it's hard for me to say. But the referee was Danish and as you know: Danes are always right."

:ajaxsmiley.gif:

Cheeky bugger.

It's a interesting theory, though... Schöne, Eriksen, Poulsen, Fischer.... They could speak Danish with the referee; perhaps it helped. We will never know, will we?

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 07, 2012 7:50 pm

just watched the last 15 mins again and played the incidents in slow motion .It was just about an offside goal. As for the penalty well Balotelli was holding VRhijn's neck at the time so I would say it was a bit of both at fault and no penalty.
Well the other reason it was no penalty was the small matter that just before the foul that lead to City's free kick Aguero went with studs showing into de Jong ,clear foul not given and imo a yellow if not a red card. Of course the one sided english press and TV did not see this foul.

So,imo off side goal, no penalty and Aguero sent off. Having a read at all the papers in the supermarket today all gave praise to Ajax's style of football and surprise surprise nearly all mentioned the small matter that our whole squad cost £10m and 8 starters from de Toekomst .

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo nov 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Orange14 schreef:Because it is a Manchester paper, not too difficult to understand.
Ah, I totally did not know that

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo nov 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Tom_ schreef:
Orange14 schreef:Because it is a Manchester paper, not too difficult to understand.
Ah, I totally did not know that
I think it's probably more accurate to say that historically The Guardian is a Manchester newspaper, they've been pretty much London based like the rest for years now. I wouldn't believe The Telegraph of they told me the sky was blue today anyway :smallgrin.gif:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo nov 07, 2012 9:57 pm

philippe schreef: BTW I wonder if "city" has that much local support compared to United. I doubt it.
Well City's riches are only very recent. It;s actually always been United who's ground is full of "Cornwall Reds" etc (ie from about as far away as you can get without leaving the country). City have always been known as the more local team and their fans make great play that only they are actually within the Manchester City Council area as MUFC are actually in Trafford not Manchester.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo nov 07, 2012 11:44 pm

I say fuck the English Press. A team that's worth that much money should have done what Real Madrid did at the Arena. Fact is they didn't.

Besides, after last years Dynamo Zagreb-Lyon screwing, it's about time lady luck sided a bit on our half.

I find it very hard to believe we can make it through, but I'll be happy if we make it to the Europa League. Why don't we just go ahead and win the damn thing ? Remember were the final is... :ajaxsmiley.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do nov 08, 2012 1:16 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:A team that's worth that much money should have done what Real Madrid did at the Arena. Fact is they didn't.
I totally agree. In addition to what SPL said about Fischer going on: fans of a team with any legitimate footballing culture would not accept tactics like City used against us—a team with a wage bill about 1/15th–1/20th of their own. We are minnows to them and they should be aiming to smack us off the park. With the players in their team you can only say it's down to Mancini, and I'm surprised he still has a job.

I know we were awful against Sneek but we didn't play 10 men behind the ball. Imagine what we'd be saying about FdB if we'd gone there and played the way City did in the ArenA...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di dec 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie