10 August Ajax - Vitesse Match Day 1

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

10 August Ajax - Vitesse Match Day 1

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 09, 2014 2:49 am

Nobody else stepped up to start a thread for Sunday's match so here it is. Will the lineup be the same as the one that started last week in the Cup game?
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ajaxcolombia

Re: 10 August Ajax - Vitesse Match Day 1

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » za aug 09, 2014 1:40 pm

The lineup will probably be the same with veltman, blind, and cillessen still not available. The play against swollen was extremely poor, picking up from last season. Let's hope for a bit of injection of life here or change of style, whatever.
Godenzonen

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za aug 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Squad for tomorrow -
Kenneth Vermeer
Joël Veltman
Niklas Moisander
Nicolai Boilesen
Mike van der Hoorn
Kolbeinn Sigthórsson
Davy Klaassen
Ricardo Kishna
Lucas Andersen
Daley Blind
Arek Milik
Lasse Schöne
Anwar El Ghazi
Jasper Cillessen
Stefano Denswil
Thulani Serero
Nick Viergever
Ruben Ligeon

Does anyone know which channel is showing the Eredivisie this season? I literally have all the football channels - BeIN, FOX, ESPN, Gol but don't see Eredivisie in the lineup. I have used livesoccertv in the past but they don't have rights to Eredivisie this season either.

I hope this doesn't turn into a long season on some spotty internet feeds/sopcast. :confused.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 09, 2014 11:24 pm

@amol - AFAIK there are no US channels carrying the match tomorrow and it's not clear whether any of them have picked up the Eredivisie this season. GolTV has very little money and BeIn are already set with Italy, Spain and France. Fox have bought Bundesliga rights starting in 2015 but don't have anything scheduled otherwise. NBC has all EPL matches. Don't know what ESPN will be doing.

EDIT: Just did a Google search and came up with this: http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/08/08/d ... n-the-u-s/ Not encouraging.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 10, 2014 9:59 am

I meant to post this last week when you were discussing it. My solution is to use a VPN (about US$40/year) and that gives me access to foxsports.nl plus any intl or CL matches streamed by the Dutch public broadcasters e.g. SBS6, NOS. Works great, however you have to have a fast internet connection (I guess minimum 50 Mbit/sec)...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 10, 2014 11:26 am

Hope you guys in USA get some joy.Today I actually watch my first ever live Ajax league game on TV with sky setting up a seperate European soccer channel .As the only other footy will be Spanish,which is normally Saturday and Sunday nights, it means just about every Sunday game of Ajax will be live and also any fridays. I would hope at least 75% of our games will be live.Some others may get shown in full overnight or next morning.

Please accept my apologies but I really am over the moon having watched internet streams since 2007.From about 2001 to 2007 Channel 5 used to show a Dutch game ,from the previous weekend ,in the early hours of a Friday,over half the games were Ajax .

So hope you get lucky.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo aug 10, 2014 11:36 am

Tom, I could potentially do work vpn and watch fox sports.nl. I have 180-200 mbps at home :blush.gif:

Just checked subscriptions and it says approx. 150 euros a year for foxsports internet channel. I'll check out streams today and give FS a thought.

Thanks for the heads up.

SPL - I remember using internet streams about 4-5 years ago and they were a pain. I'm very happy that you are finally able to enjoy watching games (that really depends on the players of course) on TV.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Yeah, I just feel a bit icky giving Murdoch my euros but I guess he's going to get them somehow no matter what ;)

I switched from livesport.tv to eredivisielive (which became foxsports.nl) because I couldn't stand the idiot commentary on livesport and I figured at least the Dutch ones, who may well still be idiots, will pronounce the team and player names correctly! It's pretty reliable but it's not HD at the moment. And I can understand enough Dutch to follow the games now...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Just looked up wiziwig and the ADOv Fword game ,currently live on sky , has over 30 streams. The Ajax game states 33 streams will be shown. Beinsports did have good streams on wiziwig last year some of them english. Bein listed for today.

Last season I nearly always used wiziwig and was told they are probably the best.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 10, 2014 12:52 pm

@Tom - Livesporttv is not carrying league matches this season. I guess they couldn't get an agreement from Fox on this. I'm hoping that Fox US decides to carry matches this season as they really don't have much else to offer.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo aug 10, 2014 12:56 pm

@Tom - I'm already paying Murdoch for Fox Sports in the US. Extremely annoying that I have to pay him again for Fox Sports NL.

Like Oranje14, I'm going to hope that some tv channel here decides to show the Eredivisie.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo aug 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Starting 11 for Ajax: Vermeer, Ligeon, Van der Hoorn, Moisander, Boilesen, Klaassen, Viergever, Serero, Schöne, Milik, Kishna.
Subs: Cillessen, Veltman, Sigthórsson, Andersen, Blind, El Ghazi, Denswil.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 10, 2014 1:25 pm

Looks like the Russians will be carrying the match on Sopcast channel 204382. I'm watching the end of the Feyenoord match and it's a very good stream.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Some very poor defensive play by Moisander, Boilesen and Ligeon but Vitesse could not capitalize. This team pushed forward much more than last season which is good to see. Relatively few back passes to Vermeer which is good since he cannot kick well. Nice goal on the volley by Viergever (thought he would not play today). Half chances by Milik and Kishna didn't amount to much. Serero looks more assured in this match though he goes over so easy when touched.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Kind of lucky to be up although it could be 3–0 to either team at this point... Ligeon has been great going forward but he's leaving SO much room for Labyad and Leerdam. There's no pressure on Vitesse's midfielders to prevent them picking out the passes and we'll get punished on one of those chances if we don't tighten up.

I will say that I much prefer the way we look with two central strikers (or maybe one and a half because Kishna drifts out to the left every now and then), and leaving the wing play to overlapping fullbacks. Schöne was listed as RW but he's only been out there once or twice.

PS after all that talk about streams, mine crapped out right when the goal went in. The commentary continued so I knew we'd scored but I didn't get to see it!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo aug 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Welcome Nick! Bad first half, but good result. We really need to buy a creative midfielder. I don't wanna have a season where our biggest threat in the center is Serero.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 10, 2014 2:32 pm

well you will laugh as after 5mins the satelite signal went down for 5mins,heavy winds over here.I reached for wiziwig but sky came back on thankfully.

Well taken goal by Viegever but we could be 2 or 3down although Kishna should have scored.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 10, 2014 2:34 pm

btw I agree Vermeer has made a couple of crappy kicks but he's also made some excellent reaction saves!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo aug 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Gollazoo!!!
:blub.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Poor goalkeeping by Veltheizen but I'll take that one.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Oof, speaking of goalkeepers! Actually Vetlhuizen has always left me a bit unconvinced...

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo aug 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Agree, Tom -- something not to forget while being less than happy with Vermeer's kicking is that his amazing shot stopping capability kept us in the game -- three 'sure goal' saves in the first 25 minutes alone.

Good to see us not playing pittypat, but we have to move the ball faster going forward.

Ligeon has been impressive; Kishna, less so; Boilesen needs to pay more attention when it comes to maintaining the offside line.

Good start to the season, so far, though.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » zo aug 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Goal vdHoorn!!! Well, that was easy.... :blub.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Nice corner from Schone and van der Hoorn doesn't miss!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Ha ha. Anyone know the rules? At first I thought that had to be a red for taking away a clear goalscoring opportunity, but they got the opportunity anyway after the ref paid advantage!!!

Plaats reactie