14 AUG 2015 Ajax-Willem II Match Day 2

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

14 AUG 2015 Ajax-Willem II Match Day 2

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Second match of the season at home to Willem II who have four current and former Ajax players on their roster. They are coming off a draw to Vitesse. Let's hope FdB continues to sort things out and keep this team focused!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Rooie

Re: 14 AUG 2015 Ajax-Willem II Match Day 2

Bericht door Rooie » vr aug 14, 2015 11:52 am

Vaclav Cerny (17, winger) is part of the squad against Willem II

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 14, 2015 12:32 pm

Yes good news Cerny is a great talent hope he comes on for a few minutes. Fischer and Younes are now fit expect them to be involved with the Europa cup next week. Andersen and v d Hoorn left out and Serero
not yet fit.

This game is live on sky ,lucky for me.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » za aug 15, 2015 4:12 am

Looking forward to another good result from Ajax tomorrow.
Will be watching on NGSB on demand again at a more convenient hour here.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 15, 2015 6:30 pm

same lineup as last week. de Sa and Zivkovic for them plus old boy Dico Koppers. Nightmare for deBoer if Zivkovic scores a winner for them.

I am on sky live .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 15, 2015 6:52 pm

For some reason the stream is not coming in via NGSN so I have to watch on small screen sopcast! Not a happy camper as I'm paying for this service.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Great anticipation from Bazoer to make the interception and then Klaassen to cross right to our striker who puts it away!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Willem mistake and a nice goal by Milik

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za aug 15, 2015 7:28 pm

Another weak opponent and we're not having any problems. But again we're not creating much danger, just a couple of long range shots and set pieces. Think we might need to play on the counter more because we don't have the quality to break down even mediocre defenses when they're set.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 15, 2015 7:35 pm

well they nearly scored near the end.Tete is letting too many crosses come from that flank.We are too slow in the build up and lucky that a mistake was seized upon for our goal.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 15, 2015 7:35 pm

1-0 at the half and we are fortunate not to have conceded a goal. Too much last ditch defending is going on. el Ghazi should have done better on the break that we had after the first goal. He had two players in on goal who were in better position but shot anyway. Bazoer had the great interception but was otherwise ordinary; too much time on the ball rather than quickly passing. The last 10 minutes were full of back passes to Cillessen, Ajax play as usual.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 15, 2015 8:23 pm

nicely taken goal by El Ghazi after missing a sitter.Now for Cerny

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 15, 2015 8:36 pm

game over with that 3rd. Good play from Cerny

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 15, 2015 8:45 pm

well a win but not convincing just 2 well taken goals by El Ghazi in the 2nd half.At least we have not let in a goal
and Willem didn't create many chances.A very young side that will get better as the season goes on but those potential thursday night euro games wont do us favours.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Very flattering score line for a team that played only a touch above average. Cillessen kept a clean sheet but should have been punished at least once by Willem II who could not hit more than the post. Team is still way too slow on the ball and static in the midfield but this has been the story of Ajax football for the last 2+ years. Some things never change.

Player Ratings:

Cillessen (6) - one good save, one muff on a back pass (that admittedly was hit too strong by Riedewald), and a partial save by the post
Dijks (6) - again showed why he shouldn't have left Ajax in the first place, a couple of wicked crosses into the box and never troubled on defense
Riedewald (6) - more and more coming into his own, only thing lacking at this point in time is the experience at center back
Veltman (6) - some good interventions but another troubling give away when he should have done better
Tete (5.5) - mixed bag, poor in the first half on defending his flank but again showed the bite with some good interventions
Bazoer (6) - great step up to take the ball away that resulted in the first goal and good play on the 2nd but my goodness he sits on the ball forever, needs to improve his handling speed to really become good
Klaassen (5.5) - a good assist to Milik for the first goal and a couple of nice interventions but that was all
Gudelj (6) - decent match and more in command of the midfield
Sinkgraven (6) - not a winger but pressed into service there, decent enough game
Milik (6) - nicely put away the first goal and was much better on the ball
el Ghazi (6.5) - put away two good opportunities BUT should have done better on a 1st half break to find the player who could score rather than shooting and missing, still thinks he can take on any defender - He Can't
Schöne (6) - steadying influence when the game needed to be put to sleep
Cerny (5.5) - on late and did well for his first senior team performance
Sanogo (5) - nothing bad or good; saw little of the ball which maybe is a good thing.

Midweek Europa league qualifying match and we'll see if Fischer is well enough to play. Then it's an away match to NEC.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za aug 15, 2015 10:05 pm

I guess I shouldn't complain given we're on six points from two games, but I think we're in for another painful season if we keep this level/style of play up.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » di aug 18, 2015 4:20 am

It was a great result, not a great game but 3 points, 3 goals and none against...again! I think this team will get a lot better as the season progress's. Orange's ratings and comments were right on as usual.

I was, am still am a bit concerned about the center of defense, but Riedewald is growing into that spot. I read somewhere that Ajax is thinking of maybe loaning out vd Hoorn.... If true and that happens I would really feel for the guy as I don't thinks he's ever gotten a series of games to prove his worth. He's been really professional about it and just try's to do his best. He's tall and physical and I like to see that in the defense. Plus who would back up Veltman?
I'm thrilled to see Dijks doing as well as he is: a big, fast defender and can really whip in useful crosses. He and Tete are both a breath of fresh air and have made more tackles already this year then the two fullbacks of last season!

Think the midfield is good, and will improve. Sinkgraven is a special player and maybe should replace Klaassen, who is a real warrior but overall doesn't contribute that much.
Seen a lot of bad comments about Sanago on other sites. Kinda harsh as he's played what 20-30 min? He's not a full time CF, yet, but to have him come on late in a match must make the opposing defenders very nervous. A new team, a new country, it's an adjustment for anyone.

Hey Ajax is top of the table!

Plaats reactie