16 AUG 2016 Ajax - Rostov CL Qualifier

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: 16 AUG 2016 Ajax - Rostov CL Qualifier

Bericht door Ayman » di aug 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Am I the only one who is happy with this result? I thought we would lose by a two goal deficit!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Ayman schreef:Am I the only one who is happy with this result? I thought we would lose by a two goal deficit!

I only saw bits and pieces of this match, but I'm not too unhappy about the result. We need to score 2 goals in Russia which Anderlecht managed to do as well.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di aug 16, 2016 10:14 pm

Orange14 schreef:Another cheap goal conceded ...
It's like all our FdB play-poorly-concede-chances-but-win-1-nil chickens are coming home to roost with these stupid goals we're conceding. We're paying his karma debt! :blackcat.gif:
Ayman schreef:Am I the only one who is happy with this result? I thought we would lose by a two goal deficit!
I wouldn't say I'm happy with the result but I think we played ok. Rostov did practically nothing, scored a lucky goal and held on for a draw... it happens. We played a bit better and created a few chances and I think we can win the return leg.

Anyway, maybe we end up in the EL, but that's ok too so long as we're not playing that dreadful negative football from last season :biggthumpup.gif: :biggthumpup.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di aug 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Amol schreef:

I only saw bits and pieces of this match, but I'm not too unhappy about the result. We need to score 2 goals in Russia which Anderlecht managed to do as well.
It will be very tough though. Both sides going through transitions.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 16, 2016 11:03 pm

I saw a lot of positives in the match. The front line played very well. The team had some decent shots on goal as well. Ball movement was decent but not as fast as it needs to be. The only downside was the reliance on long passes again and you could count the number that were decent on one hand.

I wasn't impressed with any aspect of Rostov's game. We really didn't test the keeper other than Gudelj's long range shot. the others were routine saves for the most part. I don't think they defended particularly well and our wingers did a good job of getting free. It's hard to say how good their attack is since they didn't display one.

Of course away matches are difficult but at least it is not February in Russia. I suspect the team can get a goal; the question is whether they can keep a clean sheet.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 16, 2016 11:47 pm

Tom_ schreef:Anyway, maybe we end up in the EL, but that's ok too so long as we're not playing that dreadful negative football from last season :biggthumpup.gif: :biggthumpup.gif:
That sums up my thoughts

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo aug 17, 2016 9:55 am

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Ayman schreef: Thursday night football? Were you not the same person that ruled out Ajax from getting past PAOK?
Guilty, as charged!!!! :drecul.gif: ......maybe it's the Arena? Maybe if ALL of the fans shouted for the opposition, Ajax would win?

Still don't see them getting anything in Rostov..nice, compact little ground...just hope the pilot takes care flying over SE Ukraine....or the "Donetsk People's Republic"... :bonk.gif:

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:
34 will always be with us

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 17, 2016 12:20 pm

SaddlerIan schreef: Still don't see them getting anything in Rostov..nice, compact little ground...just hope the pilot takes care flying over SE Ukraine....or the "Donetsk People's Republic"... :bonk.gif:
Best outcome would be a 0-1 victory. I think there are no worries about flying over the Ukraine as it appears the normal flight path to Rostov will go north of Donetsk.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo aug 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Orange14 schreef:
SaddlerIan schreef: Still don't see them getting anything in Rostov..nice, compact little ground...just hope the pilot takes care flying over SE Ukraine....or the "Donetsk People's Republic"... :bonk.gif:
Best outcome would be a 0-1 victory. I think there are no worries about flying over the Ukraine as it appears the normal flight path to Rostov will go north of Donetsk.
Ajax will need more than one goal. Remember blunders are looking like the norm amongst the back five.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo aug 17, 2016 12:55 pm

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Ayman schreef:Ajax will need more than one goal. Remember blunders are looking like the norm amongst the back five.
Just mailing Mr Putin now...asking to refuse visa for Cillessen......just put a trash can there instead!!!! :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif:

34 will always be with us

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 18, 2016 8:49 am

Sometimes playing well is not enough.

Afbeelding
Appie, stay strong !

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 18, 2016 8:50 am

Food for thought : we'll have to score in Russia. We can do it !!!

Afbeelding
Appie, stay strong !

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za aug 20, 2016 6:36 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Ayman schreef:Ajax will need more than one goal. Remember blunders are looking like the norm amongst the back five.
Just mailing Mr Putin now...asking to refuse visa for Cillessen......just put a trash can there instead!!!! :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif:

Your long arm worked. Putin directly send him on a camp to Barcelona. :icon_mrgreen.gif:

Plaats reactie