24 AUG 2016 Rostov - Ajax CL Qualifier

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: 24 AUG 2016 Rostov - Ajax CL Qualifier

Bericht door Amol » wo aug 24, 2016 9:22 pm

I cannot believe how bad Klaassen, Bazoer and Gudelj are.

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » wo aug 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Tom_ schreef:Does Ajax have the possibility to sack the entire staff? Coaches, players, technical staff... everyone? ;)
As long as the finances are good noone will be sacked. We are a money earners for the holders not football club.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 24, 2016 9:24 pm

we never lost at home to Willem under FDB. Saturday was poor this is unbelievable

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo aug 24, 2016 9:28 pm

Only 3 more to go boys. MF is already looking better with 1 of the 3 robots out.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo aug 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Maybe just maybe this is Bosz's plan all along. Now he'll be allowed to do anything really - even drop Klaassen.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo aug 24, 2016 9:35 pm

I think all the Dutch clubs except maybe PSV should stop playing in Europe. Maybe we should just say - Thanks for the invite, but we think we're busy during weekdays. School nights and play dates from Tuesday-Thursday. Thanks for the invite though.

I can't believe the regularity of the embarrassments we're having to face now.
Laatst gewijzigd door Amol op wo aug 24, 2016 9:36 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 24, 2016 9:35 pm

lack of defending free kicks corners and crosses is a big defensive problem this season but the 3 midfielders are simply poor and do nothing. No way will Nouri and de Jong suddenly be world beaters but they and Cerny must play Sunday.

this performance was utterly dreadful.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo aug 24, 2016 9:36 pm

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

I fear that the only think missing from the touchline tonight was....THE BROLLY.......the Wally was there ok!!!

:1evil.gif: :1evil.gif: :1evil.gif: :1evil.gif:
34 will always be with us

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo aug 24, 2016 9:39 pm

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Amol schreef:Maybe just maybe this is Bosz's plan all along. Now he'll be allowed to do anything really - even drop Klaassen.
Really??? Do you REALLY think that the Ajax support will let this joker stay in his job??? I think that Boris Johnson could do better...and he know sweet FA about football.....come to think of it...Bosz isn't far from that!!!

Going to bed now...I'll book my flight to Amsterdam tomorrow....maybe I'll get into Schipol at the same time as the team...that way, I can get the coach to the ground, Bosz can find his own way home!!!!

:1evil.gif: :1evil.gif: :1evil.gif:
Laatst gewijzigd door saddlerian op wo aug 24, 2016 9:44 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 24, 2016 9:44 pm

Only positive Dolberg looks good for an 18 year old.

I know I go about Jong Ajax but I have watched all 4 games so far and I enjoy watching them .A different level and no way would the kids at Jong be ready for CL or Europa but I really do believe they are good enough to beat Go ahead and would have performed v Willem and Roda.

Nothing else to say about the game ,sad way for Cillessen to end with Ajax. 2 games in 5 days where we have been woeful something has to change.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo aug 24, 2016 9:44 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Amol schreef:Maybe just maybe this is Bosz's plan all along. Now he'll be allowed to do anything really - even drop Klaassen.
Really??? Do you REALLY think that the Ajax support will let this joker stay in his job??? I think that Boris Johnson could do better...and he know sweet FA about football.....come to think of it...Bosz isn't far from that!!!

:1evil.gif: :1evil.gif: :1evil.gif:
I was only kidding. But in all seriousness, FDB got to stay after embarrassments at Rapid Vienna, RedBull Salzburg and we couldn't get out of our Europa Cup group last year (Molde, Fenerbahce and Celtic).

I don't think the board really cares about European results. They are collecting money for some reason which is quite unknown to us. They have given up on the money which can be made outside the Netherlands. They are content with being a top 3 side in the Eredivisie. FDB's league results really hid most of our problems for the last 6 years. But we all knew that the problems were always there.
Laatst gewijzigd door Amol op wo aug 24, 2016 9:47 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Please sack Bosz. Under him in one month he has reduced our Team to a laughing stock in Europe and a joke in Eredivisie

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Peter Bosz put a set of weak players on the pitch who had no game plan as to how to break down Rostov. A week to think about what to do and they come up with a big ZERO. Was there ever an Ajax Euro match where the team was so outplayed in every aspect of the game? I sure cannot remember one. This team pretty much mailed in their performance and all the flaws in the team were well exposed this evening. It's going to be a real struggle for this team in the league this season as I just cannot see where goals are going to come from. If I were Tim Krul I would reconsider a loan move. We have defenders who cannot defend, a midfield that stands around waiting for something to happen, and a front line that think they can beat every defender on the planet and even two defenders when the chance comes. If they haven't learned by now that they cannot, what hope is there?

Player Ratings:

Bosz (1) - he put eleven players on the pitch but that was it; no game plan at all

Cillessen (5) - a shame he had to make this one his last match; he did come up big on the one save but surely no one can blame him for the four that got past
Viergever (4) - one of the better field players
Riedewald (2.5) - woeful performance
Veltman (3.5) - marginally better than Riedewald
Tete (3) - offensive limitations really showed this evening and his marking on the goal was really weak
Gudelj (3) - no words of praise here
Basoer (2.5) - to think that he was valued at €20M last season
el Capitan (3) - converted the penalty amidst so many poor touches that I thought he would scuff the ball to the keeper
Younes (2) - constantly took on players he couldn't beat with the consequence of weak turnovers
Traore (3) - I hope Chelsea is paying his full salary as he's really not earning any from Ajax
AeG7 (2) - time to call up your home boy CR7 for some advice; better yet drop down to Jong Ajax and learn how to play
Schöne (3.5) - delivered a very nice free kick; ooops, I forgot it was soft and right at the keeper
Dolberg (5) - nice move to draw the penalty
Cassiera (NR) - fortunately for him he wasn't on long enough to warrant a rating

Marc Overmars's old club Go Ahead Eagles are up this weekend followed thankfully by an international break. I'm sure that Blind is reconsidering his decision to call up all the Ajax players other than Cillessen. Maybe they can be waterboys as they certainly cannot play football.

There are a lot of players who need to look deep inside on the flight home and figure out whether they are football players or not. Right now they are not.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » wo aug 24, 2016 9:58 pm

It was weird to hear that Rostov had lots of trouble financially and they hadn't been able to pay wages cause we looked like the team with motivational and problems with working together. It was like little girls against men ( no chauvinism)
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Cillessen and Dolberg joint top from you dead right .The others were rubbish. I had an english commentary didn't realise Bazoer was playing.

If I were Krul I wouldn't come .

Sundays team

Onana

Zeefuik Sanchez,de Ligt Sanniez

Nouri deJong Eiting

Cerny Dolberg Dekker.

The others who played tonight I would tell them they can play in the Juplier League thats their level.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » wo aug 24, 2016 10:48 pm

Yes, I wonder when it's time to push the panic button. Question is, is it about the coach, or is the material just too short period. It's always easier to sack the coach than the team, so Bosz is on very thin ice I guess. And yes, he should do better. Something has to change. Could Cerny and Nouri be the answer. And Dolberg as the starting striker and Traore as a winger. Drop ElGhazi to a "super" sub.

Todays Ajax is not a challenge that many coaches want to take on. High expectations low salarie and potentially good young players to work with, but many are all already eying a move to a bigger league. It's a hard group to bring together I guess. Just think how focused and determined Rostov were tonight (even without salaries payed). Haven't seen that kind of spirit from Ajax in a while.
"We're on a mission from God."

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo aug 24, 2016 11:00 pm

I think we need a "What's wrong with Ajax?" thread. Could be a long one.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo aug 24, 2016 11:25 pm

So, have you seen Karate Kid 3?

There Daniel san ditches Miyagi, for another different more aggressive trainer. He is secretly a friend of the old and disgraced Kobra Kai trainer (they were war buddies in Vietnam) which means he wants to undermine Daniel san with his ways of training. He almost ends up doing it, by injuring Daniel san and humiliating him, if I remember correctly.

Could Bosz be doing the same?

P.S. Don't you dare overlook my post. It certainly isn't worse than our performance tonight
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 25, 2016 1:04 am

Tom_ schreef:I think we need a "What's wrong with Ajax?" thread. Could be a long one.
I'm not sure it's all that difficult. I think Bosz is in a difficult position as he has the players that he has. Does he want this kind of midfield? I don't think so but what is he going to do? It would have been nice if Klaassen took the Italian money but no, he wanted another year at Ajax. It would take a lot of cojones for Bosz to strip him of the armband but who would he give it to? Veltman perhaps? It would be a lot easier to bench him if he wasn't the captain. Klaassen seems stunned that the team is performing so badly (just look as his post game comments for the last three matches; this guy is living in an alternative universe). Bazoer has lost all confidence as a player. Did you see what he did with the few touches he got tonight? He was a like a scared cat out there; his transfer value is down to nil. Gudelj looks like he has hit the weight room with a vengeance and lost about three steps. He's so slow that he was caught from behind when he had two steps on the Rostov defender. You simply cannot play high pressing defense with these three midfielders.

A team is only as strong as its weakest link and with a midfield like Ajax put out there that's the weak link. In football, everything flows through the MF and when you don't have one, this is the result. The team really never found replacements for Anita and Eriksen. They did get Poulsen for a couple of seasons and he was a very good DM in spot duty.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do aug 25, 2016 8:32 am

Yes. It's clear that the squad is not European standard. Even after FdB's second full season we talked about whether his defensive football was aimed at optimising the results of a mediocre squad. Bosz came with the hope of better football, with the potential cost of worse results. So far we've predominantly seen the latter.

If you had to come up with an "eredivisie 11", featuring the best players (in a 4-3-3 natch), how many Ajax players would you include? Cillessen (leaving) and maybe Tete.

PSV currently has a much stronger squad. They are composed of young players mainly plucked from around the eredivisie and mid-career players that are good eredivisie standard but not good enough for better leagues. It's the latter type of player that Ajax doesn't have.

Transfers to Ajax fall into three categories: very young players who go into our youth squad; big-money gambles on young, promising players (can go either way—Suárez cf. Sulejmani, Sinkgraven); and panic transfers of over the hill squad fillers (Heitinga, Zimling, maybe Westermann).

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 25, 2016 9:13 am

An insult to all Ajax fans.
Het Parool individual ratings 1 (the worst rating) to eight Ajax players. I think Younes and Tete should have gotten a 1 too. Only Dolberg was good. Providing this rating system does not allow zero.
We need to get rid of the coach and of most of these players, and work for the following 2017/18 season.
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 25, 2016 12:17 pm

Agree with Orange and Tom

The people running the club sadly wont spend any money and the experienced player signings we make are poor. Poulsen and Schone both frees were good signings.We are left with a bunch of kids and some players who are not up to standard.

Our defence needs a good quality experienced CD and probably a left back who can defend as well as overlap. Veltman is weak should be sold and Westermann is another woeful signing.

The midfield is a shambles .Klaassen scores a few goals but from the striker 's position but does nothing else.Bazoer sadly had all the hype last year, believed it but is now a shadow of a player.Gudelj ,maybe someone can tell me what he does.

Up front Traore has talent but having bought Cassierra and we have Dolberg we needed an experienced striker.

On the wing Younes tries to beat 2 people everytime and runs into a dead end El Ghazi does nothing much a few crosses that dont reach anyone.

Dont see us bringing anyone else in.Bailey is staying so our only other winger is Cerny and he can only be better than El Ghazi.

Defence Sanchez has great promise, de Ligt looks too good for the Jupiler league already.Both like to come up field quickly ,de Ligt like a young Vertonghen when he bursts through.He bosses the defence already and is a real leader in the making.

Midfield well Serero is better than Gudelj but I do think de Jong and Nouri would improve things as they pass and move the ball upfield quickly .Obviously we need a quality creative Mf but as we wont buy one give these 2 kids there heads.

In a nutshell we need to spend money on some better quality players but as we wont and want to continue with youth then Cerny De Ligt Nouri and deJong should be in the squad and if played cannot be worse.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 25, 2016 1:14 pm

I agree with SPL on promoting some of the young players. If Jong Ajax continue to do well in the Jupiter League this pressure will only increase. Carel Eiting is also a prospect at DM and I like that he has been moving around to different positions as this is increasing his skill level. Lartey=Sanniez seems to be back in the lineup as well.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 25, 2016 1:40 pm

Eiting and Sanniez also great prospects and look good I just mentioned the other 4 as they are ready now imo

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 25, 2016 7:01 pm

I just read an article by our own Menno Pot who help found the AjaxUSA site and writes on internet sites about Ajax. He has also had books on Ajax published. I am lucky to have met him 2 or 3 times including a game in the Arena and away friendlies in Derby and Notts Forest. I always read his blogs on the internet sites

On yesterday he said 3 positives ,if google translated it properly.

it was our 1st away goal in Russia

we are going to be about 12 or 13m the poorer for being in the Europa Cup but we have 100m in the bank more than Scrooge.

In the Europa Cup we should gain more points than in the CL which will be beneficial to Dutch co efficients points.

Thanks Menno for some lighthearted positives .As a real Ajax man and fan I think he will be seriously pissed off to put it mildly.

Plaats reactie