12 FEB 2017 Ajax - Sparta Match Day 22

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

12 FEB 2017 Ajax - Sparta Match Day 22

Bericht door Orange14 » wo feb 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Another week, another must win. Feyenoord play on Saturday, home to Groningen. They just don't seem to drop points and in past years were totally out of the race by this time in the season. Cerny appears to be game fit and Traore is back from Africa so there is depth at the wing again.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Re: 12 FEB 2017 Ajax - Sparta Match Day 22

Bericht door Ayman » za feb 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Orange14 schreef:Another week, another must win. Feyenoord play on Saturday, home to Groningen. They just don't seem to drop points and in past years were totally out of the race by this time in the season. Cerny appears to be game fit and Traore is back from Africa so there is depth at the wing again.
I really don't understand Bosz, Schone appears to be off form in his position, as an anchor man, there are candidates for that position including, Riedewald, Klaassen and Frenkie de Jong. He could play the following.

Ziyech - Klaassen - Nouri/Frenkie de Jong

Ziyech - Riedewald - Klaassen

Ziyech - Frenkie de Jong - Klaassen

As for the defense. With the exception of Sanchez and to an extent, Veltman, its still poor. Sinkgraven is ok-ish, Viergever makes too many critical mistakes that result in goals, remember Twente? Why not play de Ligt more in that his position, or Riedewald at left back. I can see that sort of defense being solid.

In goal, I do not trust Onana between the sticks. Remember the game against PSV? People keep blaming Klaassen for not tracking his man, or Riedewald for being out of position. But Onana failed to close him down, in an attempt to put him off. If you look back at the Champions league semi finals in 1997, when, Babangida was through on goal, Angelo Peruzzi was quick to come outside his six yard box and put him off, resulting in the ball hitting the side netting. I really would like to see both Stan van Bladeren and Peter Lieuwenburgh given a chance. Sounds crazy? But what do we have to lose?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 11, 2017 10:27 pm

I think our chances for winning the league are looking very bleak. Gio has really whipped Feyenoord into shape. They have the best defense in the league and score enough to win every week. 2-0 over Groningen today. Their goal difference is just too big for Ajax to overcome. Even if we beat them which is not a sure thing, they still have to drop three points at some other point. Maybe it happens but I'm not sure. Of course the Eredivisie is a wacky league and lots of times things go down to the last match day.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 12, 2017 1:14 pm

I dont see Feyenoord dropping many points and we just have to keep winning.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Traore for Kluivert the only change in the starting lineup

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Anyone have a decent stream? the Ukraine stream that is usually very good seems to be showing a car race and the browser streams are awful this morning.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo feb 12, 2017 2:45 pm

All I can find are browser streams. I'm watching on this one -- not great, though:

http://cdn.livetv.sx/webplayer.php?t=if ... 70&lang=en

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Nice one two between Klaassen and Schone

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo feb 12, 2017 3:23 pm

1-0!!

I missed most of the first half.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Found a stream that is watchable. What a weird goal by Traore, was it a pass or just an after thought as he slalomed past three defenders? What was up with the Sparta keeper who should have done better. Anyway, it is good to be up by a goal particularly since the midfield is again just awful. Schöne looks really slow and other than the free kick shouldn't be playing. I would not renew his contract as the youth midfielders are ready to take over. Klassen is only good for runs in the box and shold have done better with the chances he had; his ball skills are just so bad for a player at this level. I'm not sure he has much transfer value though some team will pay a lot of money for him.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Amol schreef:1-0!!

I missed most of the first half.
You missed some pretty poor football as usual.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Just thinking what is the point of Traore playing and he comes up with a superb piece of skill for a brilliant goal.

Sparta making it hard with 11 behind the ball but our build up is too slow. Ziyech doing little ,hope Nouri and Kluivert gets some time .

Sparta now have to come out and attack so hope we get some more goals.

nb. I just checked cricfree it has about 6 or 7 streams including a couple of sky sports ,which is what I am watching live on tv. I always use adblocks on for cricfree

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Dollberg is playing too deep. Sinkgraven is by far our best offensive player. And he is a left back!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Lovely goal ,Ziyech has done something now

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 12, 2017 4:04 pm

YaY Jairo Reidewald is on for Sinkgraven!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 12, 2017 4:23 pm

What a miss by Younes, but I like the look of Frenkie de Jong, he is so lively!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Well another game we won comfortably but cannot bury sides. ADO was the same .Once we got the 2nd we were in complete control and should have won 5or 6-0. Midfield with Klaassen and Schone is way too slow.de Jong does not get the hype of Nouri and v d Beek but is as good and in fact could be the best of the lot . These 3 need to be playing alot more Erdivisie games.

Younes flatters to deceive and should have buried that at the end. Riedewald has gone backwards. Kluivert ,a breath of fresh air.

A tough week ahead

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 12, 2017 4:42 pm

With a first half full of lethargic play and a non-existent midfield (so what's new there?), a nice ghost move past three players by Traore who calmly slotted the ball home. Dolberg scored the comfort goal just after the half off nice pass from Ziyech who was set in by Younes. The defense didn't have much to do and a nice save by Onana in the final 10 minutes kept the clean sheet. Unfortunately, no ground was gained on the league leaders who are doing what former Oakland Raiders (American football for those not in the know) Al Davis famously said, "Just Win Baby" and the Rotterdam club is doing just that. Ajax have to keep their focus and just keep playing to win every week.

Player Ratings:

Onana (7) - not much to do until a very nice save near the end of the match, did distribute the ball quickly which is job number one
Sinkgraven (7) - very fine match today; a couple of good interventions and some fine movement in the offensive half
Viergever (7) - solid all match with a couple of chances on goal; moved out to LB when Riedewald came on late
Sanchez (7.5) - disrupted every offensive movement that came his way and his passing was excellent
Veltman (7) - really didn't have to defend but did a great job going foward
Schöne (4) - two good free kicks but sluggish everywhere else; the Wenger rule needs to be invoked "Don't resign any players 30 years or older; the young midfielders are more than ready to take over
el Capitan (4) - do you think he is surprised that nobody on the team will pass to him? aside from a couple of half chances on goal this was a woeful performance; let's hope some Italian club comes for him this summer
Ziyech (6) - hot and cold today, some good passes and some really bad ones; needs to play with consistency
Younes (6) - finally seems to learn that he has to pass more which he is doing but his finishing which is usually decent was missing today as he should have had at least one goal
Dolberg (7) - really getting a lot stronger and assured on the ball; if he only had a midfield that could find him more often
Traore (7) - wonderful slaloming move to wake things up just before the break
Riedewald (6) - on for Sinkgraven and slotted into the central defense where he was better than average
Kluivert (5.5) - didn't have as much time to impress today but had one good drive to the goal but shot wildly
de Jong (6) - too bad he only got four minutes or so, assured on the ball and had a wicked shot on goal that required a good save

Europa League beckons this Thursday with the first of a two way tie against Legia of Warsaw. I'm not sure whether the Polish league is back from winter break or not so a fit Ajax may have a leg up. However, the club's European record in recent years is nothing to write home about. Next Sunday a tricky road trip to play Vitesse while Feyenoord who are out of Europe play ADO.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Fair ratings. With that midfield trio we are not good enough and not creating enough. Klaassen and Schone have been scoring goals though,which is important when Younes has scored once this season and Dolberg 2 goals since last November

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 14, 2017 10:20 am

Traoré scores 1 sec later

Afbeelding
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie