24 MAY 2017 Ajax - Manchester United Europa League Final

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

24 MAY 2017 Ajax - Manchester United Europa League Final

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Twelve days and counting until Ajax take on one of Englands most storied teams in Stockholm for the Europa League crown. Damir Skomina of Slovenia has been named the match official. He has some history with the two team have held the whistle when Ajax upset ManU at Old Trafford 2-1 back in 2012 and came pretty close to winning the tie on away goals. One player from each side will miss the contest because of Red cards picked up yesterday. Defenders Viergever and Bailly will be watching from the stands.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

GangstaRiB

Re: 24 MAY 2017 Ajax - Manchester United Europa League Final

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr mei 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Great fixture. Nothing against ManU but I hate that Portugese cry-baby. Hopefully we'll win and show that money isn't everything. But I think that ManU will have a couple of buses parked and will win ugly.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 12, 2017 5:36 pm

ManU have three EPL games left on the schedule before the EL final: Spurs, Southampton and Crystal Palace. Mourinho said he will be resting a lot of players in the final game against Palace as the EL final is on Wednesday giving only two days of rest for ManU. Also, former AZ keeper Serge Romero who has started all the EL matches will be in goal for United.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr mei 12, 2017 6:02 pm

They are missing Eric Bailley for the Europa league. He is by far their best defender

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr mei 12, 2017 6:54 pm

And Romero never impressed me as a GK. Plus our old friend Daley is playing out of position as a CB... Maybe we can upset them
May the Force be with you

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr mei 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Both squads have changed a lot since the 2–1 at Old Trafford. I've only seen ManU once this season (semi final first leg) and they looked really poor. Of course Ajax is the underdog but I don't see any reason to be more afraid of them than Schalke or Lyon.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 13, 2017 10:09 am

Whatever the result it is great that our beautiful club is back in a final and the English press are now talking about us and of course praising our youth.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za mei 13, 2017 10:38 am

SPL schreef:Whatever the result it is great that our beautiful club is back in a final and the English press are now talking about us and of course praising our youth.
Have you seen the number of compliments for Ajax from football fans all over the world. Damn! It's amazing. Not long ago when you mentioned Ajax people would say 'they are not the team they once were', let's hope they won't be able to say that anymore.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » za mei 13, 2017 11:28 am

Orange14 schreef:Also, former AZ keeper Serge Romero who has started all the EL matches will be in goal for United.
Is this a fact? Mourinho strikes me as just the kind of coach that would make an alteration to the agreement that Romero plays in the E.L since it's the final and without a doubt, de Gea is a better goalie.

Seen a couple Manu games and they haven't really impressed. Mourinhos teams know how to defend, but with Zlatan out, they are missing that key figure in attack. Also Bailleys absence could be vital.

We've been impressive in Amsterdam. Not that much away, but this isn't really an away game since it is not at old trafford either. Nobody expected us to go this far. We have everything to win. Manu have everything to lose. They probably need a win to secure C.L for next year or their season is a catastrophe. How much money did they splash for this season? It's insane and the outcome is that they will lose to a bunch of kids nobody has heard of that earn peanuts. oh, I would just love that :drecul.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
"We're on a mission from God."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 13, 2017 2:52 pm

I don't think that this ManU team are that good on the ball and if Ajax press hard they can get turnovers. They are also weak on the attack with only Rashford as a player who can create dangerous situations. Rooney is over the hill and missing Zlatan is huge for them. We'll see what happens to ManU with their remaining 3 EPL matches; they cannot afford any injuries.

Also, if the Slovenian match official calls a tight game with none of the hard EPL challenges allowed this could benefit the more technical Ajax side. this match could end up 1-0 or it could end up 6-5.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Just checked and Ajax are the home team for the match so we get to wear the Red and White!!!!! One week from today and it will be ours for the taking. ManU have Southampton to play today and Crystal Palace in a home tie on Sunday. They are sixth in the table and cannot move off of that spot regardless of the match outcomes. Expect key starters to be rested on Sunday.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do mei 18, 2017 10:34 am

GangstaRiB schreef:Great fixture. Nothing against ManU but I hate that Portugese cry-baby. Hopefully we'll win and show that money isn't everything. But I think that ManU will have a couple of buses parked and will win ugly.
Yes, there is something very annoying about him. Maybe it's the whining mixed with arrogance :biggrin.gif: Not a great quality.

However annoying, I stumbled to an alarming fact about him: since 2003, Mourinho has won 11 out of 13 finals. That's kind of intimidating. The guy does know how to win and he certainly doesn't care how he does it. I'm sure he will be looking at hours of video footage and stats to find out our weaknesses and sad to say, I'm sure he knows we're kind of shaky at the back. Especially when we're under pressure. Then again a high pressing game isn't really typical for him so he might fall back and park that bus like GangstaRiB said and wait for our unexperienced kids to make a mistake. Very Interesting to see which team will have more of the possession.

well, anything can happen in one game and that kind of evens out the fact that ManU do have more quality in their roster. If we played 10 games I think Manu would come on top, but in a single game anything can happen. I hope our kids can handle the pressure and won't get intimidated by the hard physical game that P.L teams are used to. What I've seen, Herrera seems especially nasty.
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 18, 2017 6:18 pm

The 2 teams are poles apart on what the game means .For Moan U,its purely money.If they lose it will cost them 50m.They need CL to make money ,spend money on new players.Money,money money.

I tell my mates being and Ajax fan is another world. We want to win for the glory of winning in Europe again.Prestige for our club.Already here in England the press are full of praise for us.

Winning will be good for Dutch football,and for Dutch coefficients in UEFA.Means we should keep our better players.
Being in the group stages means no 4 qualifiers played during August and we can start the season better prepared.

And finally winning means minimum 20m extra ,ie 5m for the final and minimum 15m for being in the CL group stages.

Well we have 100m euros in the bank.Klaassen is worth 25m, Sanchez 30 to 40m and in v d Beek and de Ligt we have ready made replacements.Dolberg value 30 m plus.If not this summer then 2018 summer these 3 will probably have left so we will have 200m in the bank even without CL.

With the CL being dominated by 7 or 8 teams and about 4 rich leagues it would be wonderful for all the little leagues in Europe if Ajax wins.

Just want to see Moanrinho's face when he has been beaten by a bunch of unknown kids from Amsterdam.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mei 18, 2017 6:43 pm

SPL schreef:The 2 teams are poles apart on what the game means .For Moan U,its purely money.If they lose it will cost them 50m.They need CL to make money ,spend money on new players.Money,money money.

I tell my mates being and Ajax fan is another world. We want to win for the glory of winning in Europe again.Prestige for our club.Already here in England the press are full of praise for us.

Winning will be good for Dutch football,and for Dutch coefficients in UEFA.Means we should keep our better players.
Being in the group stages means no 4 qualifiers played during August and we can start the season better prepared.

And finally winning means minimum 20m extra ,ie 5m for the final and minimum 15m for being in the CL group stages.

Well we have 100m euros in the bank.Klaassen is worth 25m, Sanchez 30 to 40m and in v d Beek and de Ligt we have ready made replacements.Dolberg value 30 m plus.If not this summer then 2018 summer these 3 will probably have left so we will have 200m in the bank even without CL.

With the CL being dominated by 7 or 8 teams and about 4 rich leagues it would be wonderful for all the little leagues in Europe if Ajax wins.

Just want to see Moanrinho's face when he has been beaten by a bunch of unknown kids from Amsterdam.
Don't jinx it, Man utd rarely concede goals, and can score, then defend well. Remember if it goes to penalties, Man Utd will win, there is no way the kids at Ajax can keep a cool head in front of the keeper, with few exceptions of course.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mei 18, 2017 8:52 pm

I think it comes down to how the match is called. If it's rough and tumble EPL style, Ajax are at a disadvantage. If the game is called tight, we should do OK. ManU have a lot of injuries and are weak on the back line. Ajax cannot waste any opportunity in front of goal. they also need to press all over the field. Tete should start at RB but we all know that won't happen. I don't trust Veltman in a game like this.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr mei 19, 2017 12:16 am

I would expect ManU to sit back and counter—a reasonable tactic against Ajax. I feel like Ajax concedes more goals per chance than they score per chance. Don't know if the stats back that up.

Bosz has had almost two weeks to prepare for this game so the players should be well drilled. I personally can't wait!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Sinkgraven back in training ,sorry dont rate this guy as a defender ,just hope Riedewald plays. Cannot believe Bosz will play someone who has been injured for about a month .

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr mei 19, 2017 4:29 pm

They claim that Mourinho is taking a swipe at Ajax, but that isn't the case, hhle is criticising the format of the European competitions. He has a point, the only part I disagree with, is him saying that Ajax haven't been there ​from the very beginning. Link is below

http://www.squawka.com/news/man-utd-bos ... 6iTfYCW.97

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 19, 2017 5:23 pm

SPL schreef:Sinkgraven back in training ,sorry dont rate this guy as a defender ,just hope Riedewald plays. Cannot believe Bosz will play someone who has been injured for about a month .
Would not surprise me at all since he will likely start Veltman on the other side. If ever a match cried out for Tete, this is it.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za mei 20, 2017 10:32 am

Louis van Gaal giving Peter Bosz tips on Man United and Jose Mourinho, not sure what to make of this, despite him being Mourinho's mentor. http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/20/louis-van ... l-6649133/

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Ajax will be wearing the new home jersey this Wednesday: https://www.ajaxshop.nl/en/matchwear/ho ... -2017-2018 It has a white collar band and red bands around the sleeves. I read one report that the white collar band was used in the 1970s.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 23, 2017 5:35 am

20 man squad confirmed: Daley Sinkgraven is ommitted, this means that Ajax will only be taking one left back to the game in Sweden.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Ayman schreef:20 man squad confirmed: Daley Sinkgraven is ommitted, this means that Ajax will only be taking one left back to the game in Sweden.
I think Veltman will be the cover at left back if something happens to Riedewald or perhaps they add an MF and go to a 3-4-3. The only question in my mind now is whether Tete starts over Veltman. Ajax really need to contain the wing play which means Tete should start but I think we all know that Bosz prefers Veltman

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mei 23, 2017 3:59 pm

I think I should've tried to go to Stockholm. I'm unable to get any work done.

Also, I love the new jersey and will definitely buy one this season.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di mei 23, 2017 9:20 pm

going to be in Amsterdam for this one. So excited. Booked vacation months ago with a trip to Amsterdam and now we are in the final. anyone know if they will be showing the game on a big screen somewhere? or any good bar to watch it at? We are going to win tomorrow. I have a good feeling about this one.

Plaats reactie