04 MARCH 2020; Utrecht - Ajax; Beker Semifinal

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Tom_

Re: 04 MARCH 2020; Utrecht - Ajax; Beker Semifinal

Bericht door Tom_ » do mar 05, 2020 12:39 am

I didn’t watch but I wasn’t surprised when I saw the score and read your thoughts . I guess the silver lining is that we avoid an extra match against Feyenoord which we would probably also struggle in.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 05, 2020 1:23 pm

No sign of ETH being sacked. If he stays on then sadly I see us finishing 3rd maybe even 4th.

2017/18 was a lost season due to Appie. 2019/20 is going to be a lost season due to ETH losing it as a coach and also due to the mainly poor standard of signings when we have a hugh amount of cash in the bank.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Amazing statistics from yesterday:
73% possession
695 passes with 84% completion rate; Utrecht - 255 and 59%
20 shots but only 4 on target; Utrecht 14 & 4
7 corners; Utrecht - 0

This shows how worthless statistics can be sometimes. Unlike the de Boer years when there was a lot of back passing, Ajax was pushing things forward and there were some good entry passes. Unfortunately, when they got close in very little danger was created. I can only remember Zoet making one difficult save. Is Alvarez the only one to score a goal off a corner this season? I remember him doing so earlier in the year but that's it. Last season de Ligt was always dangerous on set pieces.

I read some of the interviews with the players from last night and they seem to be as mystified as I am about this current state of the team. I don't think they will sack ETH at this point in the season and it's really unclear what he can do. He has to put out the players who can make a difference and really work hard to win the league. As I often note, I am forever optimistic and often disappointed.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Plaats reactie